Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 1 not far away, lads how is everyone shapping up?

At Springy training was the best for the year last night big numbers and quality. It's great finally being able to use the ground to train. We are starting to get the length back into our kicking which is a good sign after Braeside took it's toll on our skills. But things are looking heaps better.

Once again I would like to apologise for the above comment as you are right after watching you play on the weekend their would be no way that you could be paid. :D :D

So let me get this straight??

First you bag me because I am supposebly being paid??

Then you Bag me because I am not being paid??

Mate were you treated poorly as a child?? you have some major issues that you havent dealt with yet, you must still sleep with a dummy in your mouth little boy...........

FYI.......Glen Hibberd from Cheltenham F.C is coming up soon on SEN with KB to talk about Sundays ANZAC Game. Good promotion for the SFL!!

Heard it on the radio, couldnt agree more it is great promotion for the SFL and also great for the local Rsl who get half the gate takings. Well done to the Chelt & Chelsea Heights footy clubs. Great positives,

Heard it on the radio, couldnt agree more it is great promotion for the SFL and also great for the local Rsl who get half the gate takings. Well done to the Chelt & Chelsea Heights footy clubs. Great positives,
We played in it last year and it's a great day.

If you're in the area get down and watch, good game of footy.

To the players in the game for the first time, you're going to love it, big crowds, plus standing there for the last post before a big game of footy is always a thrill.

Heard some stories tonight about Chelt and the way they dogged Highett over this.

Last year a deal was put in place that one year Chelt would host (last year) Highett would get $1000 from the gate (just in case one side drops out of Div 1) and the rest would be shared between Chelt and the Chelt RSL.
A part of the deal was that this year We were to host, give $1000 to Chelt & share the gate between us the Highett RSL.
Last year we closed our club rooms and stayed at Chelt until close with work the next day, that wasn't part of the deal but we felt it was the right thing to do.
After the season had ended we put in writing to the CFC asking them to back the deal for the game to be hosted at Highett, they backed it then, but went behind the clubs back and asked the league to host it this year again.

The great thing about Chelt vs Highett was it was 2 local clubs giving back to the RSL's, now they have Chelsea Heights who will no doubt get dogged again by Chelt.

We are fluming as a club at board level and will not give a cent to them come our away game at Chelt.

Heard some stories tonight about Chelt and the way they dogged Highett over this.

Last year a deal was put in place that one year Chelt would host (last year) Highett would get $1000 from the gate (just in case one side drops out of Div 1) and the rest would be shared between Chelt and the Chelt RSL.
A part of the deal was that this year We were to host, give $1000 to Chelt & share the gate between us the Highett RSL.
Last year we closed our club rooms and stayed at Chelt until close with work the next day, that wasn't part of the deal but we felt it was the right thing to do.
After the season had ended we put in writing to the CFC asking them to back the deal for the game to be hosted at Highett, they backed it then, but went behind the clubs back and asked the league to host it this year again.

The great thing about Chelt vs Highett was it was 2 local clubs giving back to the RSL's, now they have Chelsea Heights who will no doubt get dogged again by Chelt.

We are fluming as a club at board level and will not give a cent to them come our away game at Chelt.
It is amazing how bitter you have become in the space of 11 hours. Your initial post was talking up the virtues & experience of playing in the game & now you obviously remember that you were shafted........I am sure Chelt probably have a version of what went on

It is amazing how bitter you have become in the space of 11 hours. Your initial post was talking up the virtues & experience of playing in the game & now you obviously remember that you were shafted........I am sure Chelt probably have a version of what went on

I didn't know that this had happened until last night.

Yes it's a great day, and yes it's a great day to play in, but what Chelt did is a low dog act and i was letting everyone know about it.

ITG is right that it was to be Chelt/Highett in the ANZAC Game each year.

But now for the other side of the story.

First off it was Chelt's idea and they approached Highett if they wanted to be involved, which they did. Last year Chelt did all the work in setting up the day. They organised all the speakers and special guests, they did all the promotion in the community and on the radio/TV. It came to this year and apparantly Highett wanted Chelt to give them all their contacts that they had from last year and basically give them step by step instructions on how to run it. They didn't want to do the hard yards and wanted it all handed to them on a silver platter. It would have been great to have a Highett flavour to the day but the day would have been a mirror image of last years event, albeit at Highett. There may have also been a disagreement about how much it would cost and where the proceeds would go (but that im not certain of). Once Chelt decided that they didn't want to do Highett's work for them, they notified the league that it was a no go and once Chelsea Heights found out they were on the phone within two minutes to help organise it. Thus why it is now Chelt/Chelsea Hts.

The local rivalry between Chelt and Highett has always been huge and its rare that the two parties can agree on anything so its not a surprise. Both clubs have different values and philosophies.

As for the coming in for a beer part. Chelt will be in the social rooms after our game at highett and will put as much back into the bar as we do at every away game. I only hope that you guys arent so petty that you dont do this as well.

Surely that can't be true! All SESFL clubs love each other and there's never been any rivalry between them! :) :thumbsu:

Anyways, be careful about accusing stuff on these forums, they might be public but you should respect others. I remember being called a ghost by Highett supporters one day (I was in Chelt reserves, white as a sheet and about 10 stone light) grrrr ;) I showed 'em, I had a whole handball, yeah that'll learn 'em. :D

If some of yers'd get your butts into the Fantasy League for Regional Leagues forums you might be stand alongside each other and take it up to some other bludgers like DVFL!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both making interesting stories, hats off to Chelt for running last year, really enjoyed the occassion, pity our team was a little underdone. There is no way the players and supporters of the Highett FC would NOT have a beer in the social clubs after an away game. In the past, we have sometimes outnumbered the home supporters/players, almost locking up for Balwyn at their ground last year. Its what makes park footy enjoyable, the social side.

No way the game could be held at Highett anyway the ground is in very poor shape. It would ruin the occassion.

Does Cheltenham's ground get permission from the council to water their ground?

Highett Vs Springvale Districts - 2pm at Turner Road Reserve. Great rivalry, come down, cold beers, stand on the hill watch good brand of footy. Upstairs has foxtels games etc.

Both making interesting stories, hats off to Chelt for running last year, really enjoyed the occassion, pity our team was a little underdone. There is no way the players and supporters of the Highett FC would NOT have a beer in the social clubs after an away game. In the past, we have sometimes outnumbered the home supporters/players, almost locking up for Balwyn at their ground last year. Its what makes park footy enjoyable, the social side.

No way the game could be held at Highett anyway the ground is in very poor shape. It would ruin the occassion.

Does Cheltenham's ground get permission from the council to water their ground?

Highett Vs Springvale Districts - 2pm at Turner Road Reserve. Great rivalry, come down, cold beers, stand on the hill watch good brand of footy. Upstairs has foxtels games etc.

No worries Lloydy I'll be counting your possesions. We have a nice tag for you off half back!
Are you playing ITG?

Starting to wind up the recruiting period for the Regional Leagues Fantasy Footy League ... applications are drying up ... but would still love to get at least to four teams!

(69 players, 11 more to enable a fourth team!)

METRO VIC (25 players)
Diamond Valley FL (10)
1. Kickass (Div 1 / Eltham)
2. mattyr (Div 1 Bundoora)
3. Iceman27 (Div 2 / Wallan)
4. Force (Div 2 / Watsonia)
5. Bubble Wrap (Div 2 / Watsonia)
6. Giveyathemail (Div ? / Lalor)
7. Jewelsandbullet (Div ? / Montmorency)
8. Dv_Worm (Div ? / Coburg Amateurs)
9. rompermfc (Div 2 / Macleod)
10. ifyoucandodgeawrench

VFL & VAFA (Vic) (7)
1. can't mark can't kick (VAFA / D1)
2. harper (VAFA / D2 / South Melbourne Districts)
3. youngblood (VAFA / D2 / Aquinas)
4. The Tigers Nuts (VAFA / D3 / Old Westbourne)
5. the lemon wedge (Port Melbourne / VFL)
6. Joe Dirt (VAFA / A Grade)
7. FitzroyRamone (VAFA / C Grade / Fitzroy Reds)

Essendon DFL (5)
1. Subway (Essendon DFL)
2. colgate (Essendon DFL / Strathmore)
3. coreybrown (Essendon DFL)
4. litening (Essendon DFL / Airport West)
5. oldfashiondefender (Essendon DFL)

Western Region FL (3)
1. Gemini17 (WRFL Div 2)
2. Blueboy16 (WRFL Div 2)
3. thesilkmeister (Western Region FL)
x. the lemon wedge (WRFL Div 1 / Port Colts) - VFL / Port Melbourne (Bigfooty RL FFL)

WEST MELB & WEST VIC (20 players)
Riddell DFL (4)
1. billylid (Riddell DFL)
2. Itsmyshow (Riddell DFL)
3. Trublueroo (Riddell DFL)
4. Bluecrew #2 (Riddell DFL)

Western, Mallee, Wimmera (9)
1. Bakers_Patrons (North Central FL / Wycheproof-Narraport)
2. Centre Sqaure (North Central FL / Wycheproof-Narraport)
3. clifton's lookalike (Central Murray FL / Tyntynder)
4. Whispers (Geelong FL)
5. The Prawn (Millewa FL)
6. MasterOfROC (North Central FL / St Arnaud)
7. ALWHTE (Mininera & DFL)
8. theopacman (Western Border FL / Hamilton Imperials)
9. sheep dogger (Geelong FL)

Bendigo FL / Loddon Valley FL (7)
1. gerta (Loddon Valley FL)
2. A_JET8 (Bendigo FL)
3. Norfolk & Clew (Bendigo FL / Golden Square)
4. max powers. (Bendigo FL)
5. The fatman (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
6. davis 24 (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
7. Courageunderfire (Bendigo FL / Kyneton)
x. caveman (Bendigo FL / Kangaroo Flat) - Roys FC (Sweet FA)
x. maroon and blue (Bendigo FL / Eaglehawk) - Roys FC (Sweet FA)

EASTERN MELB, EASTERN VIC & OUTSIDE VIC (24 players)
Northern, North-Eastern, Eastern & Gippsland regions (15)
1. FOOTYBOSS (Goulburn Valley FL)
2. Johnny Tapp (Goulburn Valley FL)
3. Zippa (Goulburn Valley FL)
4. Joeyboy (Kyabram DFL)
5. VT#23 (Kyabram DFL / Violet Town)
6. sparra (Kyabram DFL)
7. The Iceman #49 (Kyabram DFL / Violet Town)
8. iwantanotherflag (Picola & DFL / Katandra)
9. Slush Puppy (Kyabram DFL)
10. Darc21 (Ovens & Murray FL / Wangaratta Rovers)
11. goodies (Ellinbank DFL)
12. Marto121 (Picola & DFL)
13. slugga (YVMDFL)
14. MadMan V1.2 (Southern FL / Div 3 / Skye)
15. More Than A Game (Tallangatta DFL)
x. Pie4Life (MPNFL) - Dragons (Sweet FA)
x. OldMav (MPNFL) - Bigfooty Bombers (Sweet FA)
x. Frankston Rover (MPNFL) - Frankston Sharks (Sweet FA)
x. diablo14 - (MPNFL) Frankston Sharks (Sweet FA)

Outside Victoria (9)
1. Bella Buffalo (South Africa)
2. cckid (Ontario AFL / Canada)
3. roorat (Northern Tasmanian FA / Deloraine)
4. bakerman (Tasmania / Southern FL / Premier / Kingborough)
5. head67 (Riverina FL)
6. morphous (Queensland)
7. SJM41 (Queensland / ? FL / Redland)
8. Injury prone (WAFL / Perth)
9. billybrownless16 (Tasmania / Southern FL / Premier / Lauderdale)
x.Ljp86 (WAFL / Subiaco) - Dragons FC (Sweet FA)

Note : Players numbered x. are players who are only available under permit. They do not count amongst the 20 players required for a team, as if they are unavailable just one week, then that team will be unable to field a full contingent. The team's for which these players are primarily registered, are listed alongside the players' names.[/QUOTE]

Bad News Bears.

Its official.
Caulfields gun ruckman, and reigning Div 2 League B&F Mikey Finn, has left the Bear Cave. And, on good terms. The travel & money on offer from Heidelberg was far to attractive as he works & lives over that way.

Huge loss for them. Massive in fact.
Loss for the SFL as well.

Saw Parkdale (C Grade Ammos) beat Mordialloc (1st divvy SFL) today, both sides had a few out but i think this may say omeyhing about the standards. Parky had Macgeorge, Rowley, Chris and Mick Suv out, 4 walk up starts in any div 1 side. Also saw Skye boys down there, no itchy feet is there MM???????

I dont understand the question??

I am very keen to start the season?? its depressing watching footy and not playing!! So you were there today big fella, the search continues......

Highly impressed with Parkdale but I was also impressed with Mordi!! I think there is no doubt that C Grade ammos would be on par if not Higher that Div 1 sfl and Mordi played well in parts anf only lost by 3 goals in terrible conditions!!

I dont understand the question??

I am very keen to start the season?? its depressing watching footy and not playing!! So you were there today big fella, the search continues......

Highly impressed with Parkdale but I was also impressed with Mordi!! I think there is no doubt that C Grade ammos would be on par if not Higher that Div 1 sfl and Mordi played well in parts anf only lost by 3 goals in terrible conditions!!

You cant be serious about comparing the standards, Mordi are a bottom 3/4 side in Southern Divvy 1. C grade ammos would be about high divvy2 low divvy 1 standard.A top 4 divvy 1 side would beat Parkdale by 10 plus goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back