Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
totally agree also!!!
hey tad, would you mind giving me your div 3 tips for round 1 by how much and why?:thumbsu: what game will you be viewing on saturday?
Canterbury v Black Rock i think this will be tight Canterbury at home should get over the line.
Dandy v sth yarra Dany will crush yarra
Doveton v Mt waverly i think the eagles practice match form has been more impressive,they'll win by 5 goals+
sandown v cerberus the cobras should win there game first of the year they have a good unit and at least 10 new senior players in there line up,master coach Allen knows what his doing.:thumbsu:i will be at canterbury

Canterbury v Black Rock i think this will be tight Canterbury at home should get over the line.
Dandy v sth yarra Dany will crush yarra
Doveton v Mt waverly i think the eagles practice match form has been more impressive,they'll win by 5 goals+
sandown v cerberus [/color][/b][/b]the cobras should win there game first of the year they have a good unit and at least 10 new senior players in there line up,master coach Allen knows what his doing.:thumbsu:
Oh man... I hate getting crushed. :(

One of the funniest things I ever saw was big Rich, suited up ready to play against a side one day and never got on the park. Reckon the coach (himself) didn't rate his skills......
It is up to the board of a club to make sure the coach they bring in is right for the job short term and long term. You can't blame it on one bloke who brings all the money and certain players. You must put things in place at board level, to make sure if that coach leaves with his money and players you still have a viable club left. I think Parkmore might have fallen into a trap of either beliving he was going to be around for longer than a season or didn't prepare enough for the departure. Half of the blokes from last year have followed last years Parkmore assistant to one club so you can't blame it all of Houston even if he did buy a Div 3 flag.

I agree the blame needs to be placed at the club, not the coach !

I think that if Richy Rich is able to bring better players to Div 1, then that can only be good for the league.

I agree the blame needs to be placed at the club, not the coach !

I think that if Richy Rich is able to bring better players to Div 1, then that can only be good for the league.

All you blokes that pot Houston will be proven wrong, one thing about Richard that has failed to have been mentioned is he was appointed to the coaching job at Moorabbin Kangas and was sacked due to political upheaval , he was a late entry for the StKilda Job, also he did not rape or pillage Parkmore or Moorabbin of players,of the new players at stkilda he has been directly involved in 4 out of the 7 players that have signed up, therefore , he is not the out of control spend freak that he has been labelled as, keep throwing the dirt he loves it. The end

One of the funniest things I ever saw was big Rich, suited up ready to play against a side one day and never got on the park. Reckon the coach (himself) didn't rate his skills......
It is up to the board of a club to make sure the coach they bring in is right for the job short term and long term. You can't blame it on one bloke who brings all the money and certain players. You must put things in place at board level, to make sure if that coach leaves with his money and players you still have a viable club left. I think Parkmore might have fallen into a trap of either beliving he was going to be around for longer than a season or didn't prepare enough for the departure. Half of the blokes from last year have followed last years Parkmore assistant to one club so you can't blame it all of Houston even if he did buy a Div 3 flag.

Good call , why dont we start canning Connolly for shafting Parkmore, and why doesnt Mercoulia at St Pauls get a mention he pays about 15 players through his business, would have more money than Houston & whos paying all the imports at Chelt they must be wealthy 2 & another intersting one stKilda were outbidded by Mordicalloc with afew players, where does their $ come from?

Good call , why dont we start canning Connolly for shafting Parkmore, and why doesnt Mercoulia at St Pauls get a mention he pays about 15 players through his business, would have more money than Houston & whos paying all the imports at Chelt they must be wealthy 2 & another intersting one stKilda were outbidded by Mordicalloc with afew players, where does their $ come from?

You will find that some clubs, such as Mordialloc have income streams from business ventures outside of football. Next time you go to Mordy, remember to drop in to Stantons Hotel, up at the roundabout and have a meal. You could be assisting their latest recruit's salary payments...(did I mention the pokies?)

Who cares what he's paying? It is a fact amongst the top end of nearly every league that the more you spend, the better the chance you have of finishing higher.

He'd get canned more if he spent/recruited **** all and finished bottom - wouldn't he?

Censored again i see, that was quick. So lets get this straight. Can i mention that the situation with Parkmore last year was a disgrace, which made a mockery of DIV3? No names included there, no personal attacks. Is this suitable for public consumption?

So it must have been the bit about someone having their head so far up someone elses arse that they cant see whats going on. Fair enough ;)

So it must have been the bit about someone having their head so far up someone elses arse that they cant see whats going on. Fair enough ;)

Correct, its the namecalling that got that one removed! Can you guys see the reasons I put for the deleted posts? Cos I can still see 'em, but if you can't then that'd leave yers guessing a bit too much! :eek:

Censored again i see, that was quick. So lets get this straight. Can i mention that the situation with Parkmore last year was a disgrace, which made a mockery of DIV3? No names included there, no personal attacks. Is this suitable for public consumption?

I do agree it was an unsavoiry situation for the league. But lets take a look around and not slam one bloke who puts his money where his mouth is. He is the one putting his dollars up, he is the one also coaching so it all falls back on him if he ****s up. Even if he was the puppet of the assistant who seemed like he did most of the actual coaching last year.

Like I said it has to fall to the club and board of that club to look long term and not go from being thrashed one year by 80-80 points a week to winning a flag easily to potentially going back to being thrashed again.

I'm a player and also on our board, it is a real struggle for clubs with less money to attract players, I can sort of understand Parkmores desire to lift the clubs status by using someones dollars, but it might back fire now all of the players from last year have left since Houstan left. Why did he not stay on and try and drag Parkmore up to Div 1 himself is something I've wondered?
It will be good to watch the City this year though, they will be exciting to watch. Now did I see Mimo D's clearance get canned on the SFL website?

How are Parkmore going this year?
Is there someone from Parkmore on here?
Have they got numbers?
Who is their coach?
How do they think they will go this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like to wish 4qtrtime all the best for his first game for the districts. I know that he'll kick some butt. Has a good record against the districts kicking 7 in the last encounter. Will be in the pocket to geer him on.

Go the Districts.

Former U18 premiership player at the club.

Just realised that both sides are the districts. Geeez. I'm on Springy's side. Time for a beer. All the best for everyone on the weekend.

Go the Highett Doggies!

I do agree it was an unsavoiry situation for the league. But lets take a look around and not slam one bloke who puts his money where his mouth is. He is the one putting his dollars up, he is the one also coaching so it all falls back on him if he ****s up. Even if he was the puppet of the assistant who seemed like he did most of the actual coaching last year.

Like I said it has to fall to the club and board of that club to look long term and not go from being thrashed one year by 80-80 points a week to winning a flag easily to potentially going back to being thrashed again.

I'm a player and also on our board, it is a real struggle for clubs with less money to attract players, I can sort of understand Parkmores desire to lift the clubs status by using someones dollars, but it might back fire now all of the players from last year have left since Houstan left. Why did he not stay on and try and drag Parkmore up to Div 1 himself is something I've wondered?
It will be good to watch the City this year though, they will be exciting to watch. Now did I see Mimo D's clearance get canned on the SFL website?
This is because he got knocked back by the Parkmore President when he offered to buy the club. I agree with that, you can't buy a community footy club. Also, after he bought it, he wanted to move it to the Sandringham area. I think Parkmore will be better off in the long run not being some rich bloke's hobby.

This is because he got knocked back by the Parkmore President when he offered to buy the club. I agree with that, you can't buy a community footy club. Also, after he bought it, he wanted to move it to the Sandringham area. I think Parkmore will be better off in the long run not being some rich bloke's hobby.

Why would he buy a club & move it to another area? Couldn't he just get one started up from scratch? The $andringham $aints perhaps.

There used to be a junior club down that way called East Sandringham, or something similar, who had the same jumpers as Sandy except their cuffs were red instead of blue. Are they still their?

Yeah they are still there but don't get them confused with the Huston issue. He wanted to redevelop the ground that Bayside juniors used to play at.

The reason why I left the club was that I offered to provide financial & business advice for free to the club and they decided not to take the offer. Then 6 weeks from the finals the SFL wanted their money or no finals for Parkmore, hence I figured that the board did not truly want to be succesfull. I decided that to spend money with that support structure was just meaningless and hence I applied for the Moorabbin job, only to be ousted by the incoming new president. Even the players met me and gave the yes vote. Then in the background Rod from St Kilda kept at me to take the challenge. In the end I decided that at least someone valued me and was prepared to back me (some 4 Div 1 clubs passed on me), the rest is or will be history.

I for one pat you on the back
whowantstoknow vbmenu_register("postmenu_7362830", true); (aka Richard Houston) for, at the very least, putting your money where your mouth is. You've showed a lot of initiative this past 3-4yrs. You've certainly raised the SFL profile. Chasing Mick Allen recently was also one of your better ideas. I wish you all the success that the nay sayers keep saying you will enjoy with City this season.

Thanks for the support....I love footy and would like to help the SFL become the premier league like it once was when I watched the great East Brighton and Noble finals....inspiring footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back