Southern Football League 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Insider can you do some investigating and prove that StKilda are spending double. I think your investigations will find there would be 2 clubs who constantly fly under the radar spending fractionally more than StKilda and another club which never makes the finals not far behind. Dont forget StKilda finished 5th last year so have a bit of ground to make up. I think the smart thing that they have done is assisted 3 of the new players with employment prospects, this is huge way to cut your costs and looking at the presidents budget last night would be spending in $ terms 20% more than last year, thats fact:) .

Rumour only but not without some basis. Hasan $1600/game, Cassett $900/game, Newman $750/game, Dimaski $400/game, Arvanitis was on $300/game so that won't have reduced Taisyan? wouldn't be 2 bob. That adds up to over $79,000 alone. Thompson doesn't play for nothing I trust he is one who have been assisted with employment so if any other club is paying over $50,000 in total I'll stand corrected. May not be double but close to it. You're kidding yourself, the only reason Richie Rich was appointed was because of his money and what it could bring. Ask yourself the question, who would be coach if no funds available????? Don't need a reply!

Rumour only but not without some basis. Hasan $1600/game, Cassett $900/game, Newman $750/game, Dimaski $400/game, Arvanitis was on $300/game so that won't have reduced Taisyan? wouldn't be 2 bob. That adds up to over $79,000 alone. Thompson doesn't play for nothing I trust he is one who have been assisted with employment so if any other club is paying over $50,000 in total I'll stand corrected. May not be double but close to it. You're kidding yourself, the only reason Richie Rich was appointed was because of his money and what it could bring. Ask yourself the question, who would be coach if no funds available????? Don't need a reply!

Seriously your a joke, of the blokes you have mentioned your wrong in all cases not even close. The two blokes that have work assistance are Casset who has a 3 year agreement with Fintrack & Hassan $1600?, he was only on a grand at Werribee and lives locally, is developing a personal training business and has gained about 20 clients through the club plus he is sponsored by Ridders Fresh one of our major sponsors,Newman is way off both his assistant coaching agreement plus match payment does not get near that, Arvanitis is injured and is getting $ 100 a game less than last year, Dimachki is being sponsored by Emirates, Tasiyan is getting a holiday from Melbourne Travel another sponsor as payment so little cash, Einstein, Thompson is that fat he will pay the club, nowhere near playing has had a hammy ha ha:)
So there Mr Insider work it out from there seeing your are in the know you twit there is more than 1 way to skin a cat, if fintrack really unloaded what he could, god help the SFL. We appreciate your interest in the club
Write something positive and with facts it would be good, you are bordering on being a Craig Hutchison clone a full on crap talker, Why dont you mention the 12 blokes who played in the seniors on Saturday
who dont take any coin they are the blokes who you should write about, just as valuable as payed players and loyal as hell

There is no way in hell you could know the exact figures!! Unless you went up and spoke to each player personally, or there is a leak on st kildas board!!

I'm tipping youd be out by a fair margin

I tell ya, If Mimo Dimachki is on $400 a game then that is an outright Bargain, this kid has ability to burn!!

There used to be a junior club down that way called East Sandringham, or something similar, who had the same jumpers as Sandy except their cuffs were red instead of blue. Are they still their?

East Sandringham Junior FC still exists and we have started an under 17 "East Sandringham Hammers" side this season. This is a great link for the juniors to move through into a senior football club that shares the same jumper.

There is no way in hell you could know the exact figures!! Unless you went up and spoke to each player personally, or there is a leak on st kildas board!!

I'm tipping youd be out by a fair margin

I tell ya, If Mimo Dimachki is on $400 a game then that is an outright Bargain, this kid has ability to burn!!

Madman you are exactly right, no one knows , I think thats what drives all the know alls and knockers crazy,but being someone who is on the fringe of the club Dimachki is getting sponsored for less than $400 per game, he has the potential to be anything, read the above post about payments StKilda City are a very creative club with great supporters and sponsors , Mr Fintrack just tops us off and sees a great future in our club also off the record coached really well on saturday .

Madman you are exactly right, no one knows , I think thats what drives all the know alls and knockers crazy,but being someone who is on the fringe of the club Dimachki is getting sponsored for less than $400 per game, he has the potential to be anything, read the above post about payments StKilda City are a very creative club with great supporters and sponsors , Mr Fintrack just tops us off and sees a great future in our club also off the record coached really well on saturday .

Who cares what they get paid! All we have heard on this forum for months is the amount they get paid. It's a long season, anything can happen injuries etc... Stuff the money they all have to get through just like ever other player so how bout writing about your games on the weekend who you played, who played well, who to look out for in other teams!!!

East Sandringham Junior FC still exists and we have started an under 17 "East Sandringham Hammers" side this season. This is a great link for the juniors to move through into a senior football club that shares the same jumper.

Didn't they have red cuffs on the jumper to your blue?

Only 9 paid players at StKillda City? yeah right! Hasan has knocked back a grand a week at Werribbe for some personal training referrals? come off the grass! You are deluding yourself, I heard from a committee member that he was playing with some mates and getting $50.00 a game....as if!

i have heard when it is all added up st kilda city are spending over $150,000 this year. some is being paid by sponsors, some by the club and some by the coach.

other top div one clubs spend about 50-60 grand.

if they win the flag then good on them, just hope for their own sake that it is sustainable, however unlikely that is though.

cuttingedge, has ant lewis signed yet?? he had put a heafty price on his own head (around $1000 a game)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have heard when it is all added up st kilda city are spending over $150,000 this year. some is being paid by sponsors, some by the club and some by the coach.

if they win the flag then good on them, just hope for their own sake that it is sustainable, however unlikely that is though.

cuttingedge, has ant lewis signed yet?? he had put a heafty price on his own head (around $1000 a game)

$150K is about on the money. St.Pauls, Clayton, East Brighton and Cheltenham are spending nowhere near that. Rumour has it that Mr Rich was going to tip in $75K if he got the Vampires gig in a deal that meant they had to match it so $150K sounds about right. The whole thing will end in tears and City down the shute when he tires of putting in that sort of bugs bunny. Just watch the mercenaries leave when the funds stop and they will, not good at all for footy overall. Pity when someone with dough treats a club as a plaything and an administration is so short sighted.

The Vampires should have won by a lot more I'm told but a good standard from all reports.

spoke to a mate of mine who was at the game. he said that the vampires looked good and have definatley improved on last year but he said that it was one of those days where nothing went chelts way. there key players couldnt take a trick and the jamisons ran riot.

the way he spoke, chelt has a few blokes that havent played yet that will walk straight into the side which was interesting.

great result for the vamps though, good for the comp too!!

$150K is about on the money. St.Pauls, Clayton, East Brighton and Cheltenham are spending nowhere near that. Rumour has it that Mr Rich was going to tip in $75K if he got the Vampires gig in a deal that meant they had to match it so $150K sounds about right. The whole thing will end in tears and City down the shute when he tires of putting in that sort of bugs bunny. Just watch the mercenaries leave when the funds stop and they will, not good at all for footy overall. Pity when someone with dough treats a club as a plaything and an administration is so short sighted.
As far as I know there is no salary cap or points system like in the MPNFL so they are free to spend what they want. Noble Park & then Balwyn always spend big dollars & as a result of the players they attracted the standard remained high as other clubs had to recruit quality players to remain competitve. With them both gone, someone has to endeavour to attract quality players to the SFL.

sorry, can't recall the seniors result, all i remember was toweling you up in the magoos 1st semi!!:D :D :D :D :D

God I hope thats not your fondest memory of footy that year??

To jog your memory I remember the Moorrabbin Kangaroos seniors beating Doveton by 100 points in that semi which I played in, then I remember doveton getting knocked out in straight sets the next week by Nth kew which was no doubt dissapointing for you blokes!!

Now that I think about it, what happened in that prelim final, do you know?? you guys were clearly a qaulity side that year but just lost the plot in the finals??

Nah sorry not that much......in fact I know Cass could have got that much from 2 other clubs. And here is the biggest truth that people have not been told. A lonely Thursday night about 2 weeks before the season started and we had 11 on the track at Parkmore, Cass comes to me and says mate we gotta go this is bad.....I said sorry I have committed for at least the first year with options for 2 and 3.....I said Cass I will clear you to anyone....he comes back and says.....No I am staying with you.....

You are so far off the mark it is funny, if you really knew how the deals were done you and other clubs would be really upset as to why we are not paying so much yet getting really good players....sometimes in life players dont really want $$$ they want other things. In fact I am still talking to a player who played country footy last year and has knocked back twice as much as I was offering as he is not in it for the $$$ but rather he is more worried about the club, the players, friends and chances of playing finals footy etc, and yes he is also worried about the possibility that the coach may be useless....not always about the $$$

Ant Lewis will not be playing at the peanut farm....great player, too much price

Watch the assumption Mr Insider, I dont mind people having their own opinions and if they are close to the mark then no probs, but you are so way off it is nearly slanderous....St Kilda City admin were the only ones with real insight to who I am, proud and passionate football supporter....Only time will tell but dont be suprised if you see my name there for some time to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back