Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we know if Brock Daniels has left Hobart with all this going on ? Has become a handy player. Could see a few teams thinking of going after him atm

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Do we know if Brock Daniels has left Hobart with all this going on ? Has become a handy player. Could see a few teams thinking of going after him atm

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.comI believe someone said he had gone to Sorell

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I believe he was sighted out at Sorell training

Anyone heard if Hobart are going to get a side together in 4 weeks time for round 1 vs Cygnet?
I heard they had 9 players on the track last night.
They haven’t announced a coach as yet either.
I wonder if David O’Byrne knew that the SFL was a sinking ship when he signed up to it.
The latest is that Lindisfarne under 19s won’t have enough for a side either.
What’s the SFL been doing over the last 12 -24 months the league is falling apart.

Anyone heard if Hobart are going to get a side together in 4 weeks time for round 1 vs Cygnet?
I heard they had 9 players on the track last night.
They haven’t announced a coach as yet either.
I wonder if David O’Byrne knew that the SFL was a sinking ship when he signed up to it.
The latest is that Lindisfarne under 19s won’t have enough for a side either.
What’s the SFL been doing over the last 12 -24 months the league is falling apart.
It’s this simple.

All the teams relied on getting juniors from Glenorchy, North Hobart, Clarence, Lauderdale.
Those clubs now are struggling to find numbers themselves or have little numbers leftover hence the SFL clubs are now not getting the players that decide to not carry on playing TSL or just plan aren’t good enough.
Juniors are also choosing OS clubs like Uni and DOSA instead due to those clubs being central.
The under 19s and under 18s competitions need to be conjoined in the south immediately but SFL clubs keep pushing back on it. Why?

Even if Afltas refuse all clearances doesn't mean players will go back to Hobart. They may just give up footy altogether.

They lost even more players the last few days I heard. Only way they survive is if AFLTAS refuse all clearances
Yeah exactly and you can’t really demand they stay if they don’t want to be there, it’s not going to help the club on field if they’ve got a bunch of guys who don’t want to be there playing.

I’ve got it on good mail that all the Hobart FC players didn’t sign an SFL stat Dec form which is required to be lodged with standard player contracts for anything to be legal as per below.
Unfortunately for Hobart once push comes to shove the players will walk free

27. Club responsibilities:
All clubs must provide to the League:
(a) A copy of the contract or agreement, supported by statutory declaration from the player or
coach, the club has with each coach or player within the club to confirm that the payments specified in the
contract or agreement are the only payments to be made for playing football with that club
(b) Both documents must be lodged with the league by the 7' of July, each season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hobart are currently knocking back all clearance requests as they believe they have signed contracts.
The whole thing is going to get messy. Some players are definitely wanting out.

I’ve got it on good mail that all the Hobart FC players didn’t sign an SFL stat Dec form which is required to be lodged with standard player contracts for anything to be legal as per below.
Unfortunately for Hobart once push comes to shove the players will walk free

27. Club responsibilities:
All clubs must provide to the League:
(a) A copy of the contract or agreement, supported by statutory declaration from the player or
coach, the club has with each coach or player within the club to confirm that the payments specified in the
contract or agreement are the only payments to be made for playing football with that club
(b) Both documents must be lodged with the league by the 7' of July, each season.
Stat decs have nothing to do with whether a player is eligible to be cleared though. SFL can make up any rules that it wants, but doesn't make them valid.

Contract
Owes Money/Property
Withdrawn

Only valid reasons.

Yerp and because they are knocking them back other existing players are leaving also due to their matesc
Stat decs have nothing to do with whether a player is eligible to be cleared though. SFL can make up any rules that it wants, but doesn't make them valid.

Contract
Owes Money/Property
Withdrawn

Only valid reasons.
yerp and even then a contract isn’t worth much if they are changing comps ie: they can say I want to play TSL to test myself.

Yerp and because they are knocking them back other existing players are leaving also due to their matesc

yerp and even then a contract isn’t worth much if they are changing comps ie: they can say I want to play TSL to test myself.
Gets iffy there, but very few clubs will deliberately stop players wanting to move up.

Unless it is an end around to get to another club.

So no 19s for Lindisfarne? How many sides is that without them now?
Lindisfarne, Hobart, Claremont?
New Norfolk still putting a team in?

Hobart are currently knocking back all clearance requests as they believe they have signed contracts.
The whole thing is going to get messy. Some players are definitely wanting out.
Dangerous for clubs knocking back clearances for any other reason than property or money etc….
I know they are doing it out of necessity, however players and their playing mates get the brazen bits with the club and don’t want to play and no one’s a winner

The SFL's been going downhill since it was run by the fella from the Tasmanian footy council (Johnson) and that politician (Ogilvie).
Both were as useless as one another and had no business running a footy league.
Same old teams dominating it every year, nothing changes, Huon sides wanting everything their own way, players all gravitating towards the winning teams, no loyalty. It's pus.
Looking at the grand final turnouts, it used to get 5-7k for a final once, since going back to North Hobart the numbers have dropped right off, last years final wouldda been lucky to be 2k!!

The SFL's been going downhill since it was run by the fella from the Tasmanian footy council (Johnson) and that politician (Ogilvie).
Both were as useless as one another and had no business running a footy league.
Same old teams dominating it every year, nothing changes, Huon sides wanting everything their own way, players all gravitating towards the winning teams, no loyalty. It's pus.
Looking at the grand final turnouts, it used to get 5-7k for a final once, since going back to North Hobart the numbers have dropped right off, last years final wouldda been lucky to be 2k!!
They had the financials weren’t too good there for a few seasons but seemed to be on the right track last season under Russell Young. I’d blame the weather for the turnout for the Grand Final, but there was a fairly decent turnout for the Cygnet/Huonville Grand Final and it was a worse day.

So no 19s for Lindisfarne? How many sides is that without them now?
Lindisfarne, Hobart, Claremont?
New Norfolk still putting a team in?
New Norfolk have been very quiet about their men’s teams this time around, only seen a bunch of women’s team signings so I’d wonder what’s going on. The list I posted before was all they’d said about their men’s side.

Brighton have the following Practice Matches

Wednesday 15th March
vs Dodges Ferry (Colts) @ Shark Park 6pm

Thursday 16th March
vs DOSA (Reserves and Seniors) @ The Nest 6:30pm

Wednesday 22nd March
vs Clarence @ The Nest (Colts) 6pm

Thursday 23rd March
vs Clarence @ The Nest (Seniors and Reserves) 6pm

Tuesday 28th March
vs St. Virgil’s @ The Nest (Reserves and Seniors) 6pm

Last edited: