Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

2015 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Many posters here are forgetting that all clubs benefit from the finals, as all money made from tenders, revenue from gates, and percentage of bar sales goes into a SFL consolidated revenue and shared by all clubs. The successful clubs who hold the finals have to pay money up front for the tender and stock purchases. Not to mention having to find a truckload of volunteers to man each day of the finals and work like crazy. Those clubs deserve to make reasonable money. I reckon Heatherton would have lost a bucket load from the Div 3 abandoned GF. They should have fined the competing clubs a lot more than 2000 to cover this.

Not sure I agree with you. I'm pretty sure Heatherton and Springvale Districts getting to host finals benefited much more than my club did and probably more than say Doveton Eagles did. I find it intriguing that if the rumours are true, the 2014 final hosts (both in Div 2 for season 2015) have been able to cherry pick talent out of Div 3. Granted it is more work for a host and there is an outlay, but I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be the effort for no return.....Not sure these clubs would put in the extra work to share the rewards equally amongst everyone!?? Why would they??

Its funny alot of guys from div 1 and div 2 say div3 is full of shit thugs and that everyone is shit.
Yet teams like eagles and Heatherton have taken shit loads of div 3 players and paying them well above there worth

Don't forget that a player might be worth more at one club than another. For example, a ruckman at a club with 3 better rucks is pretty much worth nothing. The same ruckman at a club with none could be worth hundreds a game.

The same goes for lots of positions and roles.

Did a quick look around on the SFL website and found the following coaching announcements for 2015:

Ashwood
Mick Rossborough

Dandenong
Glenn Jose

Hallam
Gary Frangalas

Sandown
Steve Goodie

FYI - Steve Goodie has resigned at Sandown due to personal reasons. Its the 1st of Jan and Sandown do not have a Senior or Reserves Coach appointed for 2015 yet, a bit behind the eight ball.

Lyndale have appointed Tony Rowe.

I believe Tony Rowe quit Lyndale only after a few weeks. Also, Steve Goodie has resigned at Sandown due to personal reasons. Its the 1st of Jan and Sandown do not have a Senior or Reserves Coach appointed for 2015 yet, a bit behind the eight ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News from Sandown:

The Sandown Cobras Football Netball Club would like to announce the appointment of Rick Bean as our new Senior Coach for the 2015 Season. Rick replaces Steve Goodie who just recently had to resign his post due to personal reasons.

Rick has had a long involvement as a player and coach of over 30 years in footy with stints at North Melbourne Under 19's, then onto Yarrawonga, Southport, Coolongatta and Labrador in QLD, followed by stints at Wandin, Coldstream and Bayswater.

Between 2009 and 2010, Rick served as Senior Assistant/Reserves Coach at SFL Division 1 Club Chelsea Heights who had a playing coach in Ryan Flack (who the current SFL Division 3 Best and Fairest Medal is named after). During his time at the club Chelsea Heights made both the Seniors and Reserves Grand Finals in both years.

has any club that was in south easternsuburern church footy get any $ for the sale off the property that the club in that leageownd

English your first language Pete? ;)
League was absorbed by the SFL, so they got the assets (and the debts). Or did the assets revert back to AFL Vic? Either way, I don't think the clubs (as separate unincorporated entities) are entitled to the assets of the league. Clubs are never asked to fork out cash if they leave a league that might be in a negative asset position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Southern Football League (Vic) Division 3 Seniors & Reserves 2015

Back