Sportsman you have met.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well while everyone else is doing it I may as well join in.

Tony Lockett - in Ballarat drinking nice bloke but quiet
Alistar Lynch
Most of the Brisbane team at various times (I'm part of the Lynch M.O.B. in Melbourne)
Shane Warne
Damien Fleming
Rex Johnston - Commonwealth games gold medalist in Lawn Bowls, bloody good drinker
John Landy
Bill Lawry - the nose is bigger in real life
Steven Richards
Bob Jane
Nicole Livingston
Tim Forsyth
Paul Riefel
Darren Berry

There are others but I couldn't be stuffed continuing

Originally posted by Mooster7 (re: Lamar Hunt)
I understand he is a nice guy. I have seen him from a distance a few times, but I don't consider that "meeting him." He spends a great deal of his time in Texas - flies up for the games. He has other non-sport business endeavors in KC as well.

For anyone interested, Lamar Hunt was largely responsible for the creation of the AFL (American Football League now called AFC) and the merger which led to the modern NFL. The Super Bowl Trophy is named after him too (although he has only won it once).

:mad:

Hunt should be dotting the i's and crossing the t's on papers adding the Dallas Burn to his cache of MLS clubs he's an invester-operator in, thus the reasons for spending even more time in the Lone Star State than usual...

I'll never forget the image of Mr. Hunt in the Wizards locker room at RFK Stadium in Washington after they won the 2000 MLS Cup title. He was celebrating right alongside his players-- and although I had interviewed him for features on three other occasions earlier on that championship weekend, I got the impression that he was a "regular guy" who just happened to have millions of American dollars and several different interests.

The impression I got from him was, "Good to see you again"-- he never turns down an interview request, and especially not when it comes down to promoting soccer in the USA.

One other side note from that day... Mr. Hunt was said to have never missed a Chiefs game in 30 years with the exception of this championship match in Washington. Very few people could understand why he wasn't in Kansas City for the Chiefs' game against the Oakland Raiders, but his presence was better served and justified by being at RFK.

Cheers,
William

Um, All the Essendon guys from 1998 to present.

Stewie Loewe
Brad Johnson
Wayne Carey
Todd Viney
Paul Hudson
Max Hudgeton
Nick Holland
Gary Hocking
Gary Ablett
Gavin Wanganeen
Gavin Brown
Paul Williams
Simon Black

But the person I have "met" the most, would have to be Shaun Hart. I talk to him for about an hour in his hotel room on friday night before the bulldogs brissie match.

The ones I have actually met as opposed to just gettting their autographs are:
Darren Berry (at my uni)
Damian Peverill (last year at my uni)
Gary Lyon
Shane Warne
Matty Larkin
Matty Armstrong (dead set legend)
Wayne Schwass
Marcus Baldwin (Armstrong, Schwass and Baldwin lived round the corner)
Danny Southern
Steve Wallis
Chris Grant
Ricky Ponting
Stuart Law
Doug Hawkins
Kevin Garnett!!!
Tamsyn Lewis
Simon Minton-Connell
David Saker
Chris Anstey (****)
Brian Goorjian (****)
Mark West
Stephen Powell
Junior Murray
David Teague (uni)
Marcus Timmons

Originally posted by Bloodstained Angel

Jeff Fenech

How did you find him BSA?

I was at a Boxing show in Sydney last year and was cheering against one of his fighters, anyway after the fight he came out with about ten members of Team fenech into the crowd and confronted a few of the guys around us(including my brother).

Absolute scumbag, apparently he belted Mundine's manager a couple of days ago too.

I have met
(mad) Mike Jones
Jeremy McGrath
Nathan Buckley
Most of the Collingwood footy team
Mark Skaife
Glen Seton
Eddie Megiure
Daniel Watkins
Jono Porter
Joffa
Sav Rocca
and more but i cant remember them all

ok most of the Collingwood team but manily
Nick Davis
Paul Licuria
Rupert Betheras

From Other teams
Matty Richardson
Clinton King
Adam Morgan - went to school with him

Ex Footy players
Gary Hardimen - used to be close mates with his youngest daughter back a Primary School
Dean Greg - used to be engaged to a close family's friend
Dean Rice - meet him through Dean Greg
Kevin Billings - he played in the stkildas 1966 GF he is a close friend of the familys

non footy players
Kirstey Marshell - skiier
Jacqui Cooper - Skiier
Andrea Booth - up and coming netballer

I think thats all

This is somewhat of a hobby...

Here's my list...
Nathan Buckley
Torvill and Dean (Had to make coffee for them on Work Exp.)
Harlem Globetrotters
Andrew Gaze
Lindsay Gaze
Max Walker
David Twomey
Heath Shepherd
Lou Richards
Rex Hunt
Eddie McGuire (My Favourite!!!)
Almost any Collingwood Footballer...
Went to school and played footy with Ben Doolan and S.Tingay
Dipper
Garry Lyon
Dermie
Jack Dyer
Leigh Matthews
Brian Taylor
Tony Shaw
Brisbane Lions/ Melbourne Teams after a practice game in ALBURY at the ABX Airport.
Tony Lockett
Bob Davis
Jim Stynes
Leigh Newton is a good mate.
English Cricket team after a game at Lavington v NSW...Gatting, Tuffnell, Gower, etc
Mike Whitney
Had dinner in the 80's with the Richmond footy team at Swan Hill...Rioli, Bartlett, Weightman, Jess etc...
Mark JACKO Jackson...Signed my I'm an Individual Record.
Peter Daicos
Hung out with Albury Opal...Lauren Jackson...Top Chicky!!!
Tiffany Cherry...Worked with her at 2AY!
David Smorgan
Trevor Barker
Brad Jones
Merv Hughes
David Scwarz
Robbie Flower
Peter Moore
Simon O'Donnell
I was coached by Cowboy Neale in a Teal Cup rep game for the
Riverina...
Matthew Larkin
Bob Ansett
Paul Spargo
Mick Malthouse...As Footscray coach.
Richmond/Essendon teams we played a crtn rsr game before them at Lavington in the late 80's...

I'm having trouble now remembering all those I've met now...There's so many!!! Such are the joys of working in radio...!!

U really want to know?

I have met the following sporstman!

Darren Milane (When I was 2)

I have been meeting the Collingwood players since we won the 1990 Grand Final, if I go through writing them all down it will bore you! I WROTE DARREN MILLANE BECAUSE THERE AN IMPORTANCE TO THAT NAME!

I have also met

Sir Nathan Buckley
Peter Daicos
Shane Warne
Sam Newman

PS: R.I.P- John Millane (Father of Darren)

Go The Pies!

Dan

Go The Richo!

UNLEASH THE VL TURBO!

ive met...

Mick Foley
Vince MacMahon
Stacey Kiebler
Mark Henry
Nathan Buckley
Saverio Rocca
Chris Anstey
Jason Smith
Axel Dench
Andrew Parkinson (former magic bballer and now on FastBreak)
Ian Harvey
Tiffany Cherry..

and some others.. but cant remember :confused: :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well.. it's not me exactly... but my sister goes to MLC which is a girls school in Kew right near Glenferrie oval and they often see the Hawthron boys going out for coffee etc.
and the other day she must'v ebeen running down the street or something and she saw Shane Crawford and ran RIGHT into a car... luckily the car was parked... so she didn't get hurt too badly... but how embarrassing!!! i would've loved to hav ebeen there ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sportsman you have met.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back