Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyAchilles

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2008
Belmont
AFL Club
Geelong
I hate to tell you all but i told you so. G.Ablett bog and saints done.
For everyone who jumped off the ship, let us look at how the media could review st kilda.

St kilda is arrogant, resting players in the key part of the season, and on their return they were not interested in playing

Reiwolt chocked under pressure, when he could have won the game.

Hayes and Montagna will only play when they can get brownlow votes.

St kilda's form has been ordinary and over rated of late. Beating the swans, who are not going to play finals just. Playing a hawk team well underdone, and not interested in finishing the season, just beating an undermanned geelong team that is out of form. HMMMMM

The Media can spin it whatever way they want.

As i have said for the last 3 weeks, as soon as the mids are playing in the guts watchout. Achilles tipped this, and you non believers all had the ipps and need to offer our great an apology.

They are still playing better than we have recently. I'd be careful about making big statements as they may just come back and bite you on the bum. Remember we lost to Port Adelaide a few weeks out from the finals in 2007 and went on to win a flag. The Saints might actually benefit from the loss.

The thing that stuffed the Saints up was the amount of changes they made. Teams very rarely win games after they turn over 40% of their side in the one week. They were fortunate to do it last week, but that was probably because those who were playing were trying their guts out to stay in the side. They were kidding themselves if they thought they'd be able to do it twice, considering most of the inclusions were probably comfortable that their positions in the side were relatively safe.

Kudos to Essendon though. They thoroughly deserved their win. :thumbsu:

Couldn't agree more, the afl equivealent of overnight experts, havent done sweet f all and their supporters as well as the club themselves get on the high horse as if they've got the granny wrapped up. Far more concerned about collingwood, st kilda are nothing special and only successful due to a dream run from the umpires and a dream injury list. watch them fall.

TC:eek:

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to any conclusions about St Kilda. They obviously had a bit of an off day, but still managed to barely lose the match. Great effort from Essendon.

st kilda look a little bit vulnerable to fast ball movement in my opinion.They also lack a bit of pace.Unless they get the fast rebound of a turnover they dont seem to have the potent run that sides like geelong, pies and dogs have.

st kilda look a little bit vulnerable to fast ball movement in my opinion.They also lack a bit of pace.Unless they get the fast rebound of a turnover they dont seem to have the potent run that sides like geelong, pies and dogs have.

that's the weakness in their tight zoning. It works best if they can force a turnover, but get it through with fast ball movement and the forward line will be open and you could score relatively easily.

But you have to get it through.

Couldn't agree more, the afl equivealent of overnight experts, havent done sweet f all and their supporters as well as the club themselves get on the high horse as if they've got the granny wrapped up. Far more concerned about collingwood, st kilda are nothing special and only successful due to a dream run from the umpires and a dream injury list. watch them fall.

TC:eek:

When was the last premiership team that didn't have a dream injury list?

that's the weakness in their tight zoning. It works best if they can force a turnover, but get it through with fast ball movement and the forward line will be open and you could score relatively easily.

But you have to get it through.

and we will when we next play, as our AA mids will be in guts not at ff or in the backline

see this hot toomali train coming

and we will when we next play, as our AA mids will be in guts not at ff or in the backline

see this hot toomali train coming

We have to get through a few more games before that may happen. The Pies are playing very well too. So no counting the premierships before they happen. Let Saints supporters do that. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda may have flirted with form making 8 changes to their team ( Last 2 weeks )and getting rolled by Essendon as a consequence. The next couple of weeks will tell if their mojo has been dented.
One thing is for certain, this years premiership cup does not have Saints name on it.
If the Cats keep working hard on finding form (play on at all costs football ), get rehab for injured players and most of all have a self believe & hunger we are a great chance to hold the cup aloft....

The Cats made a big step forward against the swans by trying to play their attacking play on style of footy.

I seem to remember another team resting a few players late in 2007 then dropping a game in Round 21 by less than a kick.

I think it worked out ok for them in the end though.

for what is worth I still have the Cats in from of the Saints especially if you get Otten, Kelly and Chapman back in the side and keep them sound

I would rather my side meet the saints in September rather than the Cats

I hope you can do us a favour and knock the Dogs off this week

What a stupid thread. While I think the saints are arrogant, they have lost 1 game so how the hell are they gone?? The loss will do them good. What bloody planet are you on?

WHAT I WAS HIGHLIGHTING WAS HOW THE MEDIA WROTE US OFF
THE NUMBER OF EXPERTS WHO DECLARED US GONE ARE TOO MANY TOO MENTION
THE NUMBER OF ANKERS WHO DECLARED ABLETT SELFISH THE SAME

MY POINT IS, WHAT A DIFFERENCE A WEEK MAKES, AND THE SPIN IS AMAZING

WHEN THE SAINTS LOSE THIS WEEK, THE TRAIN WILL BE FALLING APART

as i have said our blokes have been out of possition all year, come finals the AAs will kill the saints in guts

I think I'd have Roo over just about any other player in the AFL. Great bloke, great player - no need for us to act like Carlton fans here mate.

whatever you think
they have achieved what
it is a long run, and we have gazza, and they have reichoker

How old are you mate? I remember Mooney missing an easier goal last year that was in a much more important game that this was.......

What have Geelong achieved this year?? No one has achieved anything yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back