Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

Remove this Banner Ad

Still four months to go. Interesting to see what tack they take though given it’s aimed at kids. Will the marketing still be aimed at adults who are then expected to encourage the kids to watch?
That's not very long.

That's not very long.
Eh, I’ve been seeing Joker 2 previews since February and it’s not out til October. Frankly, I’m sick of the preview. What I want is a big marketing push about a month before something comes out so I know it’s right around the corner.

But it does seem like they are a little unsure of how to promote this. Is it standalone, does it tie into the Mandoverse etc.

This looks very mid. Might be my strongest case yet for the argument that 'just because something is animated doesn't mean it's for kids' as the fact that just because this isn't animated doesn't mean it isn't made for kids..

This looks very mid. Might be my strongest case yet for the argument that 'just because something is animated doesn't mean it's for kids' as the fact that just because this isn't animated doesn't mean it isn't made for kids..

Yes this teaser had a bit of a coming of age, goonies style adventure vibe to me. Time will tell of course if that’s reflective of the show. Looks a bit of fun and intriguing ending there with the Jedi tie in, especially with the timeline it’s set in.

Yes this teaser had a bit of a coming of age, goonies style adventure vibe to me. Time will tell of course if that’s reflective of the show. Looks a bit of fun and intriguing ending there with the Jedi tie in, especially with the timeline it’s set in.

Yeah look it could be a lot of harmless fun, it just seems a strange vibe/show to go for when I would think they'd be wanting to be very careful and considered with the shows they put out. But could be like Andor where the shows people thought no one would care about end up being the best.

Yeah look it could be a lot of harmless fun, it just seems a strange vibe/show to go for when I would think they'd be wanting to be very careful and considered with the shows they put out. But could be like Andor where the shows people thought no one would care about end up being the best.

This one seems to have been in development for some time, possibly in that Chapek era where they were green lighting any project here and in the MCU. Hopefully it delivers though and could be pleasantly surprised with something like this that has a low key build up. Nice teaser overall.

This has long been promoted as being targeted at kids, just like the Ewoks movies of the past. That might mean it’s not going to appeal to us, but trying to craft Star Wars that balances adult and kids audiences is fraught with danger. Having specifically adult oriented shows and kids shows, alongside the more broader appealing content, is probably a good idea. The bigger question is whether they can get that audience to watch when so many kids get their content from online and shorts rather than traditional programming.

This definitely has the Amblin vibe, will have to wait and see whether it’s homage or hews too close to just copying. Some of those framing shots were right out of 80s movies like ET, Goonies etc. I’ll try and get the kids to sit down and watch it with me, see how like it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Star Wars Star Wars - General Discussion / Legends / Comics

Remove this Banner Ad

Back