Remove this Banner Ad

tattooedswan

All Australian
Dec 22, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne City
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/stars-on-the-loose/story-e6frf9jf-1225910150368

CHRIS KNIGHTS (Adelaide) Murmurings about a cross to Collingwood.

How interested would you guys be? He has had his injury problems but this guy can clearly play. He is an awesome kick of the footy and his goal scoring is impeccable (could be the class factor needed to end our goal scoring problems).

What do you think we would have to give up for him if this was to eventuate?

Re: Stars on the loose - Chris Knights to Collingwood?

He will be over priced in the market, with sides like Essendon, Carlton and Richmond all reportedly "big" on him.

Adelaide would want a first round draft pick, and our first rounder is so later we would have to trade to get a higher pick.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, no trading our draft picks this year, let Hine work his magic.

He will be over priced in the market, with sides like Essendon, Carlton and Richmond all reportedly "big" on him.

Adelaide would want a first round draft pick, and our first rounder is so later we would have to trade to get a higher pick.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, no trading our draft picks this year, let Hine work his magic.

Agree Matty would want to keep 1st Round Pick. If we do get him it should be a Player Swap.

Remember he is Injury Prone too

Happens every year.

"[insert Victorian-born interstate player] is up for contract at the end of this year. Collingwood has reportedly shown interest/approached [players name]. Other clubs in the mix are [random selection of victorian clubs]."

Journos just like to chuck our name in the mix for everything.

Don't think he's worth what Adelaide would want for him. On top of that don't see an exact need for another fp/hff at the pies

I'm sure we could get him and would be a good acquisition, but the problem I worry about is the salary cap pressure, as others have pointed out in Quicky's trade / draft thread. Look at Brisbane now having to offload Drummond reportedly and brennan owing to back-ended contract issues.

We're gonna have plenty of young stars needing dough soon. That's probably well balanced at the moment with older players retiring, but chucking Knights into the mix might cause some headaches unless we were to ontrade some other players.

Happens every year.

"[insert Victorian-born interstate player] is up for contract at the end of this year. Collingwood has reportedly shown interest/approached [players name]. Other clubs in the mix are [random selection of victorian clubs]."

Journos just like to chuck our name in the mix for everything.

I agree but how can we be 100% sure this is the case for this one?

Id trade a 1st rounder for him but i dont see him improving our team a lot, we have too many players that play his role.

Players always get linked to us. You never know if its true or not so who knows.

Not that we are in desperate need for him although he would be very handy.

HF - Didak Cloke Knights
F - Davis Dawes Medhurst/Dick/Macaffer

But agreed. He would cost too much.
I would be happy to part with our first rounder for him though.

He is only 23-24 so has alot to offer.

He'd be bloody handy just quietly and would help with our accuracy troubles.

Cam Wood is from Adelaide, bye bye Cam.

Wood has stated in the past he would love to play in his home town, if Knights can pass a fitness test and the crows who will need a lot of players due to retirements so they will need players who can play senior footy straight away.

Give them Wood and Corrie

I'm sure we could get him if he wanted to return home and play for Collingwood.

I've said in other threads his trade value is somewhere between 12-25.

Salary cap won't be an issue. SOB, Lockyer, Corrie (perhaps Presti too) will be finishing up and freeing up coin and movement. Plus we have re-signed everyone except Cloke thus far. Knights' salary would be worth somewhere between 350-400K.

Alot of speculation has also linked Wood with a return home to SA too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players always get linked to us. You never know if its true or not so who knows.

Not that we are in desperate need for him although he would be very handy.

HF - Didak Cloke Knights
F - Davis Dawes Medhurst/Dick/Macaffer

But agreed. He would cost too much.
I would be happy to part with our first rounder for him though.

He is only 23-24 so has alot to offer.

If Cloke can kick straight that would be an unstoppable half forward line. He is young and has so much potential, if we gave them Wood and a first rounder and they accpeted I'd be over the moon.

Wood has stated in the past he would love to play in his home town, if Knights can pass a fitness test and the crows who will need a lot of players due to retirements so they will need players who can play senior footy straight away.

They would give us a draft pick not to have Corrie.:)

He'd be bloody handy just quietly and would help with our accuracy troubles.

Cam Wood is from Adelaide, bye bye Cam.

Heard Cam Wood has Re-Signed to stay at the Pies

weird that people are saying that we don't need a forward who can actually kick straight..?

Given his age and if he can get his body right, he could be a great pick up.

Medhurst is clearly on the outer and Leon Davis isn't getting any younger or improving, he is declining if anything.

Didak spending more time through the midfield.

There is definately a spot for him in our forward line.

If a swap with wood is what is required, i would be quite happy with that.
Would give Fraser another oppurtunity as a back up ruckman if required, give's Cam Wood the oppurtunity to play senior games.

And put more work into Lachlan Keefe who was named in the best on the weekend, and pick up a ruckman in the draft or go after a young ruckman from another team.

Plenty of upside in this, i would definately go after him.

And in return a few first round draft picks? Corrie is the missing piece to our premiership stint. :thumbsu:

If Cloke can kick straight that would be an unstoppable half forward line. He is young and has so much potential, if we gave them Wood and a first rounder and they accpeted I'd be over the moon.

Agreed.

I would snap that trade up if they were to accept it.

There are a few mature-aged ruckman running around in the VFL that are quality players we could draft if we were to lose Wood.

Based on what they're saying on the Adelaide board, this won't happen.

Adelaide gain Griffen - Lose Knights plus pick 12
Bulldogs gain Travis Cloke and pick 12 - lose Griffen plus second rounder
Collingwood gain Chris Knights plus second rounder - Lose Travis Cloke

Not sure it would work as I'm positive Collingwood will feel Cloke is worth more than Knights> Not sure what the Dogs would think about that deal but if Griffen wanted to leave it looks ok for them.
Looks fair from our point of view.

Cloke worth more than Knights? Ya don't say...

Based on what they're saying on the Adelaide board, this won't happen.

Cloke worth more than Knights? Ya don't say...

Who wrote that and Cloke would never go to the Bulldogs. He be a Pie or Sun

Surposedly 3AW said today Cloke to GC and Pav is trying to get to the Pies. Did not hear it myself

Surposedly 3AW said today Cloke to GC and Pav is trying to get to the Pies. Did not hear it myself

Have not heard That but Pav would be a Good Replacement for Cloke;)

Sounds like BS

Ah, 3AW, maybe next time they should read the rules before talking shit.

If Cloke leaves as our uncontracted player, it's my understanding we actually can't trade the draft pick we get for him, as it is a "floating" draft pick that can be used at any time over the following 3 years.

So basically, what would have to happen for us to get Pav, is for us to trade our existing first round pick, probably plus a good player, for a 29 year old who really hasn't been tested under finals pressure in his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Stars on the leash - Knights / Pav to Collingwood? Non monsiuer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back