Rumour Stars on the leash - Knights / Pav to Collingwood? Non monsiuer

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Stars on the loose - Chris Knights to Collingwood?

Good! I don't want it to be, just thought I would mention it in the context of the Trav/Pav situation.

Knights is a good player but shouldn't be a priority. The first priority should be getting Travis Cloke re-signed. If he takes Gold Coast's cash, then the club must go all out for Pavlich.

There are plenty of current magpies players that play Knights position: Beams, Sidebottom, MacAffer, Davis.

And in the twos the mapies has Rounds, Josh Thomas and even Simon Buckley will get a look soon.

Happy to accomodate Knights but I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd round pick for him.

Knights is a good player but shouldn't be a priority. The first priority should be getting Travis Cloke re-signed. If he takes Gold Coast's cash, then the club must go all out for Pavlich.

There are plenty of current magpies players that play Knights position: Beams, Sidebottom, MacAffer, Davis.

And in the twos the mapies has Rounds, Josh Thomas and even Simon Buckley will get a look soon.

Happy to accomodate Knights but I wouldn't give up more than a 3rd round pick for him.

Id give up Cloke to get Pavlich in a heartbeat. How old is Pavlich by the way.

Pav will be 29 when he runs out next year (31/12/81 DOB).

You have to remember, he was taken in the same draft as Fraser, Leigh Brown, Haselby etc, and Haselby and Fraser are all but finished.

I don't think he's that great of a pick up, unless you get him for virtually nothing.

Without being disrespectul to any of the players named but would they be able to wheel around on 55 and nail a goal off a couple of steps clean through consistently? I just think he could be that added class factor to finish off when needed and kick the big goals. He is a monster kick.

Woosha has come out and said they are prepared to trade pick 4 for a quality small forward. And with the imminent departure of Lynch, along with the poor showing this year of Hansen, perhaps we should try and get this draft pick.
Offer Davis and Anthony to the weagles to fix up their failing forward line for pick 4 + a later pick or another player.
We can then use pick 4 for either Pav (if Trav goes) + 3rd round pick or Knights + 2nd round pick.
Mind you - we could probably do well ourselves with pick 4 :rolleyes:

Add Sandilands and Barlow and you still wouldn't have a deal in my books...

Can all you Cloke haters please get off it! He is 23-24 and has stepped up this year to be one of the best marks and lead up forwards in the game. Once he gets his kicking right (hopefully over summer) he will be force. And anyway, in my books, he has had a bloody good year.

As for Knights, he is a star, and would be the polish we need to win a flag. However he isn't a need, he is a want, hence I wouldn't give up to much for him.

We want to draft a CHF and a cheap bargain from the bush ruckman like Mummy

knights is gun when fit no question. Killed us in that finals game.

and We know Mick likes to get players who play well against us;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heh, when you finish top of the ladder I doubt you really 'need' anyone. Wouldn't be bad to have him though :D

my biggest worry all year was would cam wood be going back to adelaide if he didnt get regular footy with us.

This could be a good chance to not lose cam for almost next to nothing and still acquire a handy player as some people have pointed out already.

how would this leave our ruck stocks though if jolly went down early in the year next year ? with him fit we dont really need anotehr ruck , if he does get injured and we lose josh to another club and trade cam to the crows we could be in a little bit of trouble.

Knights is a handy player, could be another interesting trade period coming up.

Whoever mentioned Davis and Anthony to WCE for pick 4 needs to get their head checked. You'd struggle to get pick #34 for those two players, unbelievable suggestiion, unbelievable.

I'd trade for Pavlich before I'd trade for *durp* Knights. He's a good-ish player but how good is he? He had that one pretty good year and hasn't hardly played since. He goes missing aswell. If we could get Pav, get him, but go forbid whoever said to trade Sharrod Wellingham to "prove we don't trade crap" because we'd be seen as gold traders, because Sharrod is an absolute gem and very important cog in the midfield.

For Fremantle, in regards to Pavlich, I really don't know but I'd look at Nathan Brown or something along those lines, if I was involved with Fremantle but I'm unsure if I'd want to lose Presti's replacement, so really I think we'll miss both of them, if we even try and get either.

If you got him and he stayed fit, he'd lead your goal kicking, I've no doubt about that. You have to give up quality to get quality, and your club did offer Leon Davis for him the other year (back when Leon's trade value was at its highest). Cam Wood + draft pick wouldn't get it done I suspect.

If you got him and he stayed fit, he'd lead your goal kicking, I've no doubt about that. You have to give up quality to get quality, and your club did offer Leon Davis for him the other year (back when Leon's trade value was at its highest). Cam Wood + draft pick wouldn't get it done I suspect.

Then if that is his Value he would go no where.

How do you know we offered Davis for Knights?

im sorry, i mustve missed something...

when did we offer davis for knights? if we'd offered davis for knights i suspect neil craig may have tripped over in his haste to agree...

Leon when his value was highest was an AA player...i sincerely doubt that we ever offered him

In any case, Knights would be a teriffic addition to the side but who would he replace? most likely beams or sidebottom as that HFF who can move into the middle

I'd take him and i dont think the cost would be that dear because the crows wouldnt want to lose him for nothing

Would i want to lose wood for him...not sure

Which is fair enough, Cam Wood hasn't fulfilled his potential, yet. However, I think not taking Wood WITH a pick would be a mistake at a later point for Adelaide, just saying.

The trade I hear, for Griffin which involves Adelaide trading Knights with a pick (#12) is a right rip off, Griffin has been riddled with inconsistencies over the years.

Well that's it - likely scenario is he re-signs and nothing becomes of this.

or He walks out of the Crows and goes into the National Draft

my biggest worry all year was would cam wood be going back to adelaide if he didnt get regular footy with us.

This could be a good chance to not lose cam for almost next to nothing and still acquire a handy player as some people have pointed out already.

how would this leave our ruck stocks though if jolly went down early in the year next year ? with him fit we dont really need anotehr ruck , if he does get injured and we lose josh to another club and trade cam to the crows we could be in a little bit of trouble.

Knights is a handy player, could be another interesting trade period coming up.

If Cam left then naturally Josh would stay. IF Jolly did go down (which is unlikely given his durability), Josh is more than capable when rucking himself. Lachie Keefe has been starring in the 2's (showing better form than Wood) so he could also come in and play a role...

Wood and a first round pick? I would consider it.

im sorry, i mustve missed something...

when did we offer davis for knights? if we'd offered davis for knights i suspect neil craig may have tripped over in his haste to agree...

Leon when his value was highest was an AA player...i sincerely doubt that we ever offered him

Quite the opposite actually.

That trade offer is absolute fact though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Stars on the leash - Knights / Pav to Collingwood? Non monsiuer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back