Expansion State of the codes - AFL vs NRL

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha ha ha ha ha..............

You should check out 'El Dildo' and his friends over at LU having a meltdown over This proposed $45m towards the AFL. Some of them have even sent letters of disgust to their local state MP's and posted them for all to see. LOL

Did Victoria have this reaction when we built a new stadium for Storm and Victory?

Rugby League is sinking to new lows from players right down to the fans. The mentality up there is staggering. You would have thought they have been invaded by Aliens!

To be fair footy already has two ready-made stadiums to play out of in Sydney and the the Blacktown precinct was helped along by the state and council governments. There was no rectangular stadium in Victoria so I can understand the Vic government's move.

I believe the AFL should have put more money into the Blacktown development to ensure the ground there held 20-25,000.

How good would it have been to play six or seven games at Blacktown and the rest at ANZ Stadium. That would be a true western Sydney AFL presence.

Ha ha ha ha ha..............

You should check out 'El Dildo' and his friends over at LU having a meltdown over This proposed $45m towards the AFL. Some of them have even sent letters of disgust to their local state MP's and posted them for all to see. LOL

Did Victoria have this reaction when we built a new stadium for Storm and Victory?

Rugby League is sinking to new lows from players right down to the fans. The mentality up there is staggering. You would have thought they have been invaded by Aliens!

Rugby league ARL/NRL, News LTd, rugby leagues fans are anti AFL and have suckered the NSW Premier into joining their hatefest.

It is a backwards state NSW these days, no longer the Premier State, more like the Dementia State.

NSW: State of Dementia :D

THey will get voted out if they do, by even more than they thought. ANd if you think the Labor gambit on the GOld Coast worked, the local labor members actually lost seats in the area. I am sure this is somethign NSW Labor took note of.

You actually hate Australian football don't you Dog. :rolleyes:

Why are you wasting time on Bigfooty surely you have anti AFL emails to write to politicians pushing your rugby league inspired poision about our great game. :footy:

Why are you wasting time on Bigfooty surely you have anti AFL emails to write to politicians pushing your rugby league inspired poision about our great game. :footy:

He does. 'Andrew from Sydney' as he's otherwise known, has devoted so many hours of his life to come to an AFL website to criticize the game (and everything about it) before then going back to leagueunited to brag about how he stirs us all up. Honestly mate, find something better to do. You are one pathetic individual. Seriously.

I actually don't mind rugby league. I don't love it as much as I do AFL obviously (as I wasn't raised with it), but I do watch SOO, Storm games (not every one) and even the odd other game. There is no reason why people cannot like more than one code. I used to absolutely detest Rugby League and found Union more appealing but over the years with the Storm in town and having some sort of presence on the telly, I have come around. That's all the AFL want. Not to take over the West Sydney and kill off League.

Seriously mate, grow up. Get a hobby. Get a woman. Get a life.

To be fair footy already has two ready-made stadiums to play out of in Sydney and the the Blacktown precinct was helped along by the state and council governments. There was no rectangular stadium in Victoria so I can understand the Vic government's move.

I believe the AFL should have put more money into the Blacktown development to ensure the ground there held 20-25,000.

How good would it have been to play six or seven games at Blacktown and the rest at ANZ Stadium. That would be a true western Sydney AFL presence.
Is it too late to do that?

Rugby league ARL/NRL, News LTd, rugby leagues fans are anti AFL and have suckered the NSW Premier into joining their hatefest.

It is a backwards state NSW these days, no longer the Premier State, more like the Dementia State.

Sadly as a New South Welshman I have to agree with your sentiments there. The constant negative reporting about the AFL and GWS is however making me start to think Richard Hinds has made some good points today in the Sydney Morning Herald.

AFL's a happy villain casing western Sydney
Richard Hinds | November 25, 2009

It might be thought the AFL would be disturbed by its portrayal as a rich foreign interloper threatening to tear apart the NRL's sacred heartland. Particularly as it has made conspicuous attempts recently to court those sections of the media most likely to paint the AFL as a rugby league-hating ogre.

On the contrary, AFL officials are flattered they are being treated as such a serious threat by the NRL's supporters in the media and believe the attacks on the Whatevers - or even AFL boss Andrew Demetriou - are actually providing the new franchise with valuable publicity and, consequently, greater currency with influential figures and the public.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rf...1258824713703.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

I don't know about hate, I can say I hate all the articles the terrorgraph does every day about AFL, and then puts them in the Rugby League section of the site, as for AFL itself, I believe I have given it a fair go, watched over 5 live Swans matches, and plenty on TV (it has been on TV in NSW for over 25 years for the uneducated), and it's not for me.

But a lot of you AFL zealots, (RedB included who pretends to be an armchair supporters, but only posts AFL propaganda pieces in League threads on the Roar, though I do enjoy sparing with you!), most don't even realise there are two types of Rugby. How many times I see comments with things like "sucked in, you lost to Scotland" on a Rugby League article. And you guys think we up North are xenophobic, most of us who dislike the sport of AFL, have actually watched matches and attended them, unlike most of you down South given the limited TV opportunities, and the Storm crowds.

Sadly as a New South Welshman I have to agree with your sentiments there. The constant negative reporting about the AFL and GWS is however making me start to think Richard Hinds has made some good points today in the Sydney Morning Herald.

I don't agree with Redb#'s summary - the government is in a mess, but I doubt the rugby league types have got anything to do with it. When you can't sort out the transport system or anything else, a football ground next to a football ground isn't going to be a priority whatever code is involved.

I don't agree with Redb#'s summary - the government is in a mess, but I doubt the rugby league types have got anything to do with it. When you can't sort out the transport system or anything else, a football ground next to a football ground isn't going to be a priority whatever code is involved.

Don't get me wrong I like NSW, it was nice of them to build a bridge across that harbour so we could drive up to Queensland for our holidays. :D

I've got no problem with NSW except the rugby league mentality that is permeating attitudes to sport up there. Its not just News Ltd now, but Masters and Magnay are hopping on the anti AFL bandwagon big time and there is a danger that innocent NSW folk will be caught up in their ignorance.

Don't get me wrong I like NSW, it was nice of them to build a bridge across that harbour so we could drive up to Queensland for our holidays. :D

I've got no problem with NSW except the rugby league mentality that is permeating attitudes to sport up there. Its not just News Ltd now, but Masters and Magnay are hopping on the anti AFL bandwagon big time and there is a danger that innocent NSW folk will be caught up in their ignorance.

Look up ignorance and you'll find Melbourne AFL fans & Media...

I don't know about hate, I can say I hate all the articles the terrorgraph does every day about AFL, and then puts them in the Rugby League section of the site, as for AFL itself, I believe I have given it a fair go, watched over 5 live Swans matches, and plenty on TV (it has been on TV in NSW for over 25 years for the uneducated), and it's not for me.

But a lot of you AFL zealots, (RedB included who pretends to be an armchair supporters, but only posts AFL propaganda pieces in League threads on the Roar, though I do enjoy sparing with you!), most don't even realise there are two types of Rugby. How many times I see comments with things like "sucked in, you lost to Scotland" on a Rugby League article. And you guys think we up North are xenophobic, most of us who dislike the sport of AFL, have actually watched matches and attended them, unlike most of you down South given the limited TV opportunities, and the Storm crowds.

Hate to break it to you but I've watched live rugby matches (both codes) for 20 years. So what?

I will continue to support rugby and will attend the new stadium when the super rugby team comes along.

Rugby league can take a long walk on a short you know what. Your a pack of insular paranoid muppetts and no self respecting Victorian would have anything to do with the moronic rugby league fan infested Sydney diatribe.

you've all been sucked in by your News Ltd press (Agenda!!) that the AFL is out to kill your primary code. And your too insular to realise it.

Hate to break it to you but I've watched live rugby matches (both codes) for 20 years. So what?

Yet every single post of yours that relates to League is always a negative one. You have no interest in the sport, though you love to pretend you are a supporter.

I will continue to support rugby and will attend the new stadium when the super rugby team comes along.

Well good for you. Chance to catch up on your sleep at the yawnion.

Rugby league can take a long walk on a short you know what. Your a pack of insular paranoid muppetts and no self respecting Victorian would have anything to do with the moronic rugby league fan infested Sydney diatribe.

you've all been sucked in by your News Ltd press (Agenda!!) that the AFL is out to kill your primary code. And your insular to realise it.

Of course only NSW people can be like this. Apparently when a Victorian displays this attitude like yourself, it's justified :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

one of the reasons the alp in nsw is rooty hilled is because it panders to parochial dogs like yourself. if you don't like australian football, don't watch it, dog of bore.
Rugby League, which i don't care for, should stop wetting its nickers and improve their game ad stop worrying about the AFL (personally i reckon the NRL should be more worried about the NBL...)

Interesting that they only follow the NBL in places like Melbourne and Cairns.

Interesting that they only follow the NBL in places like Melbourne and Cairns.

Basketball is huge in Melbourne and has been since the Olympics of 56.

When I was invovled in junior basketball (mid 2000s) there was something like 50 associations in Melbourne each with boys and girls comps from Under 12s to 20s, sometimes 3 divisions deep. In Sydney there are about 5 associations.

Basketball is huge in Melbourne and has been since the Olympics of 56.

When I was invovled in junior basketball (mid 2000s) there was something like 50 associations in Melbourne each with boys and girls comps from Under 12s to 20s, sometimes 3 divisions deep. In Sydney there are about 5 associations.

The point was that Sydney doesn't have a team anymore, yet the bloke said that NBL was going to overtake League in Sydney.

Yet every single post of yours that relates to League is always a negative one. You have no interest in the sport, though you love to pretend you are a supporter.

Well good for you. Chance to catch up on your sleep at the yawnion.

Of course only NSW people can be like this. Apparently when a Victorian displays this attitude like yourself, it's justified :confused:
Dogs's breakfast sent a private message that he loves stalking - what a w***er. :rolleyes:

A hell of a lot of rugby league followers are real paranoid about the AFL, nowhere near as many AFL fans feel the same way about league.

I have been to LU and even the moderators call Victorians victards and footy boggerball etc.

At least here we can sometimes have a half decent discussion.

you've all been sucked in by your News Ltd press (Agenda!!) that the AFL is out to kill your primary code. And your too insular to realise it.

Remains to be seen what will happen when News Ltd jumps ship on league.

The leaguies say they want them gone but if news decides it does not like you .... life becomes very difficult. Melbourne storms life exceedingly so .... no more free press and the millions holding them up.

Remains to be seen what will happen when News Ltd jumps ship on league.

The leaguies say they want them gone but if news decides it does not like you .... life becomes very difficult. Melbourne storms life exceedingly so .... no more free press and the millions holding them up.

And the millions of dollars pumped into this failing so called club by News Corp!

And the millions of dollars pumped into this failing so called club by News Corp!

Firstly News take more than $6million out of the game every year to pay for their "debt" incurred in the Super League war. And secondly Vlad is going to pump far more than that into the Western Wombles or whatever they're going to be called, and gives money to a lot of AFL clubs when they're running at a loss.

Firstly News take more than $6million out of the game every year to pay for their "debt" incurred in the Super League war. And secondly Vlad is going to pump far more than that into the Western Wombles or whatever they're going to be called, and gives money to a lot of AFL clubs when they're running at a loss.

Two completely different things... fail to see how you join the dots here.

Please do tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Expansion State of the codes - AFL vs NRL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back