Stay Classy Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same argument could be made for Jobe.

Ha. When Jobe won the Brownlow last year everyone was saying how great it was and how he is not only a champion player but a champion person with a humble attitude.

Now - amidst this whole scandal, he is asked point blank about it on national television he instinctively gives you the truth instead of shirking the question and declining to comment like others - and you want to compare him to that primadonna douche from Collingwood. You're off your head mate.

Ha. When Jobe won the Brownlow last year everyone was saying how great it was and how he is not only a champion player but a champion person with a humble attitude.

Now - amidst this whole scandal, he is asked point blank about it on national television he instinctively gives you the truth instead of shirking the question and declining to comment like others - and you want to compare him to that primadonna douche from Collingwood. You're off your head mate.

The same was said about Lance Armtrong. I guess you contend that he is still ok as he came out and made admissions as well about his usage.

I don't understand the booing of Watson to be honest. But then again I don't boo anyone.
I mean he was asked a direct question by Gerard Healy & he gave a direct & honest answer.
Would we think more of him if he lied? No I don't think so. There may have been another 10 or more players on the field who were injected with the same substance because their clubs sports scientests said it was legal & safe.
How come the rest of the team weren't booed? Is it because they weren't honest & owned up?

I don't understand the booing of Watson to be honest. But then again I don't boo anyone.
I mean he was asked a direct question by Gerard Healy & he gave a direct & honest answer.
Would we think more of him if he lied? No I don't think so. There may have been another 10 or more players on the field who were injected with the same substance because their clubs sports scientests said it was legal & safe.
How come the rest of the team weren't booed? Is it because they weren't honest & owned up?

Exactly. Everyone is in the exact same boat, Jobe was asked whether he took it and admitted it without question. Apparently honesty isn't an admirable trait in a person anymore.

Anyway - don't really give a shit about who gets booed. I doubt the players go home crying and thinking "why doesnt everyone like me? :'(" They get paid handsomely, and generally only care about the opinions of their peers.

harry o'brien has done more work for charity and disadvantaged people than the whole essendon team put together... :rolleyes:
This is a spurious line of reasoning that would endear Jimmy Saville to anyone who followed you down your rabbit hole. Harry O'Brien is delusional about both how the world works and how he can change this aforementioned world. That he acts on these delusions is by no means sufficient to induce respect and admiration. Indeed, it is perfectly normal that one would respond with mockery towards the quasi-enlightened trogladite that is Harry "Exceedingly Average" O'Brien.

People honestly need to harden up. Every club has a player or players who cop the raspberry from opposition supporters, it's a natural fact of life. Nick Riewoldt is booed by all and sundry (even Melbourne supporters in his 250th game) for apparently little to no reason, and it doesn't appear to affect him too badly *braces self for raft of "but he cried once after a game about 8 years ago" posts*.
Billy Slater copped a pretty liberal spray from Canberra supporters yesterday the first few times he touched the ball, although that died away, probably because they were too shell shocked by the score to do anything else!

Half the people booing Harry were probably Collingwood supporters.

It is actually great when he gets the ball... a real win/win. Does something good with it: great! good for the team, and a chance to yell out "lucky, you flog!". Does something bad with it: abuse until blue in the face.

Best on
This is a spurious line of reasoning that would endear Jimmy Saville to anyone who followed you down your rabbit hole. Harry O'Brien is delusional about both how the world works and how he can change this aforementioned world. That he acts on these delusions is by no means sufficient to induce respect and admiration. Indeed, it is perfectly normal that one would respond with mockery towards the quasi-enlightened trogladite that is Harry "Exceedingly Average" O'Brien.
Best on ground AGAIN. Far from average player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Booing Harry O'Brien for being man enough to admit he is facing mental demons from an amazingly difficult past?

Disgusting :thumbsdown:

Especially after their reaction to Jobe Watson getting boo'd

Could not agree more. Was a pretty poor effort. I'm all for booing Harry because he's a flog, but with all that's happened of late I think the guy deserves a break right now. Heard a number of supporters yelling stuff out about depressing, and witnessing a murder etc. Not cool. Not cool at all.

Essendon were hopeless yesterday and outclasses by a team who played the conditions so much better on the day. Simple as that. Disappointing indeed.

The Essendon supporters were so angry yesterday, never seen them like that. Seen a few Bomber flogs try and start fights and get in massive verbal arguments, and quite a few others were very close to boiling over.

I know they have always been a bunch of flogs, but usually they are fairly placid, but gee they were an angry bunch yesterday.

At some point they need to stop his run as it was carving us up. I guess the coaching staff thought differently. Was bizarre to watch.

Yeah I think early on it was evident that the Dons coaching staff needed to pay more attention to him & Sidebottom... didn't really happen though

Sum's up the problems others have with Essendon. No one takes responsibility at EFC except probably your captain. A man of character. I like that and I am sure others too..irrespective of booing. He probably hasn't hired any spin doctor as well. Sadly, same can't be said about your coach. He has had so many oppurtunity to clear the air about so many things hanging over EFC but keeps playing embarrassing political games and "shirking the questions".

Like yesterday in press conference

Q: "There is a bit of confusion coming out of the Robinson interview. Are you able to clarify whether you were in the meeting when the players were told about the substances, well, the supplements used by Dank and Robinson last year?"

Hird replied: "I think any specifics of this investigation are better handled at another time." (translation: I will shierk the question once again as I am bigger than everyone here and will do as I please)

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/truth-is-out-there-on-who-was-at-crucial-essendon-meeting/story-e6frfkp9-1226691080315#ixzz2b38yLnwq
:thumbsdown:

I didn't boo him, but I can't stand the guy, he is a deadset flog.

Charity work? Fantastic, and I'm a big fan of people/players doing that. I'll appreciate it at another time. It doesn't mean I'm not going to hate you for being an absolute douche on the field.

I also have more respect for people/players who do charity work in their own time and don't make a big fuss about it, don't make any noise about it, and just do it because they want to. Instead of Harry O who comes out and says "I do this, this and this, to help these people." Some people will call that raising awareness, and sure part of it is, but it's also very much going to the media to say "Look how great I am at all the stuff I'm doing". Players, and .. *cough*..high performance managers, have to stop using the media to try and get sympathy from the public.

That was a bit off-topic of booing, but on Harry O, I hate the guy, and have since the first time we played him and he very illegally toweled up Lucas. Lucas was on his last legs, and wouldn't have got a kick anyway, but O'Brien should've given away about 17 holding the man free kicks that day. I watched him since that day and he has not changed one bit. What he gets away with is ridiculous. And then he has the audacity to throw his hands out and plead the one time he got held yesterday - which to be fair should've been a free kick, but if anyone is undeserving of it, it's Harry.

I consider him a cheat, plain and simple, on the field, and that's why I hate him. I'm guessing a lot will say Watson is a cheat off the field, and that well may be true, wait and see until it's proven. The proof is in the pudding in regards to O'Brien.

His demeanor doesn't help either. What's happened in your past O'Brien, very unlucky, congrats to you for getting where you are. It doesn't mean I'm not going to hate you when you act like a douche. You can play footy, for sure, but you're not God's Gift to mankind like you think you are.

Harry O' is a nice guy. Good person, very kind. Yes he can be a bit annoying, yes he loves attention BUT that just makes him a bit annoying. Anyone calling him a straight out flog is showing how much of an absolute tosser they are.

I attended WorldMUN as a delegate and really enjoyed Harry's speech. I still think that seeing him get all aggro at goddard runs counter to his 'enlightened human' image.

Yes, you want a AFL football player full of testeorone/adrenaline play a game of footy like a little ballerina.
Turn it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back