Stenglein decides

Remove this Banner Ad

Fred Phillis said:
"About time we take a tough stance" says Stiffy...could not agree with u more, we must gain from losing stenglein, not just break even...play hard ball if we have to but don't settle for just breaking even...

Humm, Chambers, Paul Johnson & second round pick - any 2 of the 4 you like.

Tyson20 said:
now i need a new name :(

help me people...

i should pick a safe one that wont see a player p!$$ off... :p

Go for a retro one, like Darren3, Mark26 or Lucas1 ;)

napsyd said:
Also, the unstated virtual nomination of the Eagles does not put us in a strong position IMO.

Yet John Reid spoke of Fremantle or West Coast. Let the games begin.

**** said:
Yet John Reid spoke of Fremantle or West Coast. Let the games begin.

Agreed, however when Sugar went, I'm sure we talked about "a Victorian club" yet everyone knew where he was going also.

Kane McGoodwin said:
Why don't you just offer Carroll. :rolleyes:

None of the players above are in the same class.

Thats why you get 2 for one. I'm feeling generous - Carroll we will throw in for free.

Humm is a hard nut midfielder who couldn't break into our star midfield so was played out of position as a back pocket. He is racking up heaps of possessions week after week in the WAFL.

Johnson is a capable forward/ part time ruckman (1st round pick), although he needs at least another year of development.

Chambers I'd prefer to keep as a very quick goal kicking midfielder, but Woosha seems to have accountability issues with him, and he's not getting enough game time. Perfectly capable HFF in most sides.

No crap there, plenty to work with (apart from Carroll). Forget about getting a star, the Eagles members would riot.

Who are West Coast's players aged 23 or under? In other words could offer us 10 years of service.

Judd - OK, forget it, he's off to Melbourne in 2006. Un-********ing-touchable.
Kerr - Forget it, would be considered untouchable.
Embley - See Kerr. Don't need his style of player anyway.
Cox - BINGO, love to get him...but see Kerr.
Sampi - Too inconsistent, not desirable.
McDougall - BINGO, love to get him...but see Kerr.
Seaby - BINGO, love to get him...but see Kerr.
Lynch - OK player, not that desirable.
Hunter - undesirable
Adkins - undesirable
Staker - undesirable
Butler - BINGO, SA kid...gonna be a star
Waters - See Butler
Glass - yeah right
Selwood - Dunno
Nicoski - see Lynch
Hansen - see Lynch
Beeck - Dunno
Gaspar - too injury-prone
Humm - nope
Munro - nope
P.Johnson - dunno
McConnell - dunno

My assessment...go for the SA boys (Butler or Waters), or the Talls (Cox, McDougall or Seaby), or WC's 1st round draft pick (assuming they lose to the Swans this week -- probably #12). If we don't get 1 of these options, I'd consider the trade a failure for the AFC.

That's my 2 cents worth. :D

Fred Phillis said:
Reid said the Crows wanted a player of similar value in return rather than draft picks.

I find this bit the most interesting part of the press release.

With this in mind, apart from Waters who has been discussed elsewhere, who are some of the options?

Personally I think we would be keen on a ruckman or a midfielder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kane McGoodwin said:
Does Thompson want to leave the Dees & come home ... particularly to the Crows?
Not sure Kane but I am sure we are after him as he is out of contract and Melbourne's salary cap is tight. My info is that we are trying to price him out of Demons' reach and subsequently force a trade.

As a player I think he would be a fantastic fit for us. He is young, tallish hard at it inside midfielder with good skills. Do we get him, that remain to be seen.

Stiffy_18 said:
Not sure Kane but I am sure we are after him as he is out of contract and Melbourne's salary cap is tight. My info is that we are trying to price him out of Demons' reach and subsequently force a trade.

As a player I think he would be a fantastic fit for us. He is young, tallish hard at it inside midfielder with good skills. Do we get him, that remain to be seen.

Agreed, Thompson's a hard-nut. Would be an excellent catch. Give 'em Burton and Biglands for him.

Fred Phillis said:
Can someone tell me what the Crows got in return for Kane Johnson :confused:
We traded Kane Johnson and picks 12, 28, and 44 to Richmond
We got Jason Torney and picks, 2, 18 and 32 from Richmond

We then on traded picks 2 and 18 to Kangaroos for Carey and drafted Jericho with pick 32

Stiffy_18 said:
You really are a tool. Which one of those players is of equal quality to Stenglein??????

That crap you just posted is equivelant to Shirley, Skipworth and 2nd rounder for Judd:rolleyes:

Humm & Chambers as a package are better than Stenglein, despite your protest.

Fred Phillis said:
Can someone tell me what the Crows got in return for Kane Johnson :confused:

Can't remember exactly but:

Adelaide: Traded Kane Johnson plus misc draft picks to Richmond.

Richmond: Traded pick 4 plus misc draft picks plus Jason Torney.

Adelaide: Traded pick 4 plus 20?? to Kangaroos.

Kangaroos: Traded Wayne Carey.

Kangaroos: Picked Daniel Wells with pick 4 (upgraded to pick 2 due to Carlton fiasco).

Something like that anyway.

Stiffy_18 said:
We traded Kane Johnson and picks 12, 28, and 44 to Richmond
We got Jason Torney and picks, 2, 18 and 32 from Richmond

We then on traded picks 2 and 18 to Kangaroos for Carey and drafted Jericho with pick 32

Ahhh stiffy, faster and more accurate as usual. :)

mymansyd said:
Who are West Coast's players aged 23 or under? In other words could offer us 10 years of service.

Judd - OK, forget it, he's off to Melbourne in 2006. Un-********ing-touchable.
Kerr - Forget it, would be considered untouchable.
Embley - See Kerr. Don't need his style of player anyway.
Cox - BINGO, love to get him...but see Kerr.
Sampi - Too inconsistent, not desirable.
McDougall - BINGO, love to get him...but see Kerr.
Seaby - BINGO, love to get him...but see Kerr.
Lynch - OK player, not that desirable.
Hunter - undesirable
Adkins - undesirable
Staker - undesirable
Butler - BINGO, SA kid...gonna be a star
Waters - See Butler
Glass - yeah right
Selwood - Dunno
Nicoski - see Lynch
Hansen - see Lynch
Beeck - Dunno
Gaspar - too injury-prone
Humm - nope
Munro - nope
P.Johnson - dunno
McConnell - dunno

My assessment...go for the SA boys (Butler or Waters), or the Talls (Cox, McDougall or Seaby), or WC's 1st round draft pick (assuming they lose to the Swans this week -- probably #12). If we don't get 1 of these options, I'd consider the trade a failure for the AFC.

That's my 2 cents worth. :D

I think the players you classified as "dunno" would more than probably be your best candidates.

Selwood - Dunno
Beeck - Dunno
P.Johnson - dunno
McConnell - dunno

Selwood is a tough as nails midfielder who might want to be closer to his family and would definitely be in our 22 if he hadn't suffered a groin injury. Not sure of his contract arrangements as yet and I would rather he stayed.

McConnell is the same height as Judd and Embley and has been absolutely fantastic in the WAFL lately. He has only just turned 18 and was finishing year 12 this year so he wasn't really considered for a game this year. Could develop into a 3rd tall forward/back or even a Cornes like CHB.

Beeck, well I've already said lots about Beeck.

Johnson might develop into a player but I'm not really sold on him anymore.

Jabber said:

Personally, I don't think two lesser players equal one good player. I'd much rather one player of equal value to Stenglein. Don't know much about those two players though, but I can only guess they aren't good if you're happy to give up both for a so-called average player you don't really need.

Jabber said:
You are not really bright are you. We want a player of EQUAL quality as Stenglein not 2 average players for 1 good player. If you don't understand that then you are a bigger tool that I thought.

We could also say that we will give you Stenglein and Burton for Judd and give the same sort of argument as you but you will laugh at the suggestion. So unless you are willing to contribute to this discussion in a respectable and positive way then you better p|ss off back to your board:rolleyes:

Stiffy_18 said:
You are not really bright are you. We want a player of EQUAL[/color quality as Stenglein not 2 average players for 1 good player. If you don't understand that then you are a bigger tool that I thought.

We could also say that we will give you Stenglein and Burton for Judd and give the same sort of argument as you but you will laugh at the suggestion. So unless you are willing to contribute to this discussion in a respectable and positive way then you better p|ss off back to your board:rolleyes:

I'm the one giving honest opinions, your the one resorting to desperate rants.

You forget that we know Stenglein's worth because we see him play every week. When was the last time you saw Humm, Chambers, Green etc. play?

You don't want a player equal to Stenglein, you want someone who is better than him, and you won't get it. Our midfield is full of players better than Stenglein (look at the stats instead of your one-eyed opinion), and you think we want to downgrade? Woosha obviously sees something in him, but don't expect him to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Phil Read couldn't get a game in our side, now he's a regular for Melbourne.

Open your one-eye and look past your ignorance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back