List Mgmt. Steven Motlop nominates Port Adelaide, Geelong declines to match, COMPO IS PICK 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Malthouse stopped having credibility to me when he listed his greatest 25 players he has seen, and didn't include either Gary Abletts, and left out Nathan Buckley as well (which was probably because Buckley took his job).
Also for me when he didn't even know Ted Whitten was a premiership player.
(Malthouse actually used to coach Footscray too.)

I've always liked Motlop but I don't think Port will win a premiership under Hinkley (would still have Cats well ahead in 2018). No player is going to come out and say he left because of the money.
Very risky signing Motlop on that kind of money for that long with his inconsistency and previous commitment issues.
Very happy to end up with pick 19.

Ouch.

Unless he means it was which club he chose to go to as opposed to Adelaide v Port Adelaide.
That’s fine. Players have proven they are not the best judges of such matters.

*waves at Adam Treloar*

I think Port have a great chance at winning the flag. Wingard can now play forward more.
Depends if Gray can get back from his cancer scare and if Dixon improves his kicking.

Lol so Norff missed out on another big name player . They money to throw around but nobody wants to go there because there is no future for sure . Another couple of bad years and Norff will probably be sent to Tassie full time or merged with GC up there.

And as for Motlop bouncing the ball straight away , Aussie Jones used to do the same at St Kilda , I don’t think it’s a big deal as it allows the player to settle while allowing him time to think what he is going to do with it .
Bouncing the ball immediately means that for a split second you are looking down not to where you want to kick it and you have stopped giving the opposition time to tackle. You should not need time to settle, good players have already worked out two kicks on. And is Aussie Jones the best that you could come up with by way of example.

Malthouse stopped having credibility to me when he listed his greatest 25 players he has seen, and didn't include either Gary Abletts, and left out Nathan Buckley as well (which was probably because Buckley took his job).

Your kidding , he left out both Abletts , that’s insane. Must have a personal grudge against them .

Just ridiculous.

Watched the Adelaide game again last week (yes, I'm a masochist). In form he is pure silk under enormous pressure. Other players just falling away, Motlop had all the time in the world and hardly made a bad decision. We all blather on about handling finals pressure, and he has that in spades. 35, my arse.

Oh come on he made so many bad decisions and heaps of good ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolute turn-over merchant at times.

The one he used to do that was a killer was hand pass to a player in a worse position. They'd get tackled immediately and mots would trot off. But then he'd do the miraculous, we'd forgive him and butter up for the next situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always liked Motlop but I don't think Port will win a premiership under Hinkley (would still have Cats well ahead in 2018). No player is going to come out and say he left because of the money.
Very risky signing Motlop on that kind of money for that long with his inconsistency and previous commitment issues.
Very happy to end up with pick 19.
he isnt inconsistent and he has no commitment issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you that seriously blinded by mots?
are you that seriously blinded? injured this year and was comsistently poor until his rest. previous four seasons there is nothing inconsistent about him at all given he is an outside line breaker/forward pocket. in fact cos he has great stamina he is actually fairly consistent for his position. go look at his stats. Dont listen to the anti motlop crowd who completely focus on any bad game he has and blows it out of all proportion.

are you that seriously blinded? injured this year and was comsistently poor until his rest. previous four seasons there is nothing inconsistent about him at all given he is an outside line breaker/forward pocket. in fact cos he has great stamina he is actually fairly consistent for his position. go look at his stats. Dont listen to the anti motlop crowd who completely focus on any bad game he has and blows it out of all proportion.
He wasn’t that great last year either. Did they shop him around at the end of the year cause he was so good?

You seem like the type who disagrees with everything cause its not what you would have done.

Just accept that he is gone. Good riddance i say.

Never like seeing GFC players leave KP - just a thing of mine - and there are aspects of his game we will miss - and there are aspects of his game that I wont miss.

I guess the important question really is:
Im sure there are plenty of players that can repeat the things I wont miss.... but do we have anyone capable or replacing the things I will miss?

GO Catters

It's weird how people's opinions on players differ depending on whether they like the player or not. It's like if a player drops a simple chest mark, yet recovers and snaps a terrific goal. Defenders of the player will praise the goal - detractors would chastise him for dropping the simple mark in the first place.

he isnt inconsistent and he has no commitment issues.

no worse then danger, both selwoods, blicavs and menegola. only differecne is that when he is on he actually passes incredibly well whilst those above players never do. see the prelim.

Flogging a dead horse mate, some only see his mistakes and seize on them while ignoring all the good work he does.

Someone actually said a while back that Jarmen Impey would be an upgrade on him, that's how seriously underrated he is around here by quite a few posters.

It's weird how people's opinions on players differ depending on whether they like the player or not. It's like if a player drops a simple chest mark, yet recovers and snaps a terrific goal. Defenders of the player will praise the goal - detractors would chastise him for dropping the simple mark in the first place.
Confirmation bias is a bitch

$teven Motlop has just provided Geelong some extra motivation with the flag barb. Well done $teven. Have fun in your 20 games for Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Steven Motlop nominates Port Adelaide, Geelong declines to match, COMPO IS PICK 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Back