Play Nice Still no evidence against Melbourne re: tanking

Remove this Banner Ad

cool story bro

I sort of suspect the tell-all biography/autobiography from someone like Chris Connolly is inevitable.
It was a decent comparison, I thought. Sometimes an issue just needs to be aired and confronted to finally go away.

It was a decent comparison, I thought. Sometimes an issue just needs to be aired and confronted to finally go away.

I sort of got the vibe of a thinly veiled swipe at the club I support from that post.

Anyway, we did get rid of Ben Cousins. Obviously his talent and on-field leadership bought him a lot of goodwill but in the end it was better for him and the club that he moved on. Chad Fletcher, Michael Gardiner and Daniel Chick are three senior players that spring to mind that were probably let go due to their known drug issues. But this thread isn't about West Coast 2006.

We copped an AFL investigation and are the better for it. I never claimed the club I support was perfect.

I sort of got the vibe of a thinly veiled swipe at the club I support from that post.

Anyway, we did get rid of Ben Cousins. Obviously his talent and on-field leadership bought him a lot of goodwill but in the end it was better for him and the club that he moved on. Chad Fletcher, Michael Gardiner and Daniel Chick are three senior players that spring to mind that were probably let go due to their known drug issues. But this thread isn't about West Coast 2006.

We copped an AFL investigation and are the better for it. I never claimed the club I support was perfect.
I'm not making it personal mate, not me anyway. I'm referring to the improvement as a club that WCE have enjoyed since that episode. There were a few years down the bottom (to be expected when you lose footballers of that ilk), but you've come back as a legitimate Premiership threat in the years since.

I'm not making it personal mate, not me anyway. I'm referring to the improvement as a club that WCE have enjoyed since that episode. There were a few years down the bottom (to be expected when you lose footballers of that ilk), but you've come back as a legitimate Premiership threat in the years since.

Sorry, wasn't referring to your posts. Apologies for the confusion. :thumbsu:

I do strongly believe in developing the right club culture. Getting rid of most of the players involved helped.

Only Gardiner was moved on at the right time. The rest were kept long after the horse had bolted.

Maybe you follow the affairs of the West Coast Eagles as closely as I do, but I disagree with that assertion. Cuz was one we probably should've acted upon a lot sooner but I can't agree with the rest.

Maybe you follow the affairs of the West Coast Eagles as closely as I do, but I disagree with that assertion. Cuz was one we probably should've acted upon a lot sooner but I can't agree with the rest.

Fair enough, off topic, I wont go there but I reckon theres a couple others that the club should have acted upon earlier and more harshly.

Haven't been following this too much lately. How much longer until we get an outcome?

We have until Tuesday to respond to the allegations.

He can't deal with truths about his club, only apparent ones about others. Objectivity isn't his friend...I wouldn't bother.

The saying has been updated. It is now:

"There are three certainties in life - death, taxes and that the BF Thread on Melbourne tanking, never running out of willing posters."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So does that mean tomorrow this should come to a conclusion? (or at least Melbourne have to respond and then the AFL probably shouldnt take too long after that)

No. It will drag on for some time yet. First we'll get the leaks re Melbourne's response. Then the AFL Commission will meet - does anyone know the date of the next meeting? That will be when we know what happens.

No. It will drag on for some time yet. First we'll get the leaks re Melbourne's response. Then the AFL Commission will meet - does anyone know the date of the next meeting? That will be when we know what happens.

Pretty sure it's ~mid-February.

Here is the upcoming likely events.

1. Deadline for Melbourne to respond is close of business Tuesday.

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/lawyers-keep-powder-dry-on-tanking-20130128-2dgyc.html

Note the various, separate, legal teams for MFC, Schwab, Bailey and Connolly could have different responses.

2. AFL Commission meets early next month and comes to decision

3. The various parties and their lawyers then decide if to challenge in the courts, and if so what.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Still no evidence against Melbourne re: tanking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back