Play Nice Still no evidence against Melbourne re: tanking

Remove this Banner Ad

Gerard healy is a prick and has nothing to do with the MFC.

probably your best ever post!!

Well the trolls are already reeling. Sorry to disappoint ManOfClay , rfctiger74 , Kwality , ziad et al.

Dont get the troll slag you made to me. All I've said is I want more than a tweet from an SEN journo, and thats because of some of the fiction I've heard them come out with over the years (mainly because they tend to run with net rumours and beer talk quicker than most), and as I replied to HB, if indeed the AFL were done and dusted it is way too quick (the idea that they assessed Melbournes reply and did a 180o turn in less than a night)

oh god don't even get me started on them.

I tried to look through some of his tweets earlier, but then I couldn't be arsed. It must be a case of the entire media waiting for the AFL to move and declare something, because otherwise I'm sure we would have heard something beyond McLardy's nothing two words.

You'd imagine the Dees stance in their response will leak soon. Too many involved in this whole process (club level, ex officials, managers, lawyers, AFL, etc), and I imagine the journos are blitzing every source they have right now.

AFL response may be different, but thats only because I reckon outside of Vlad, Gillion, and some of the commission, everyone will be shut out of the loop now at AFL House.

Dont get the troll slag you made to me.

Hear hear, you've been nothing but quality during this whole charade rfctiger74.

As a general point - do we know if the Witch Queen is on holiday? I'm shocked she hasn't had her byline all over some of this.

As a general point - do we know if the Witch Queen is on holiday? I'm shocked she hasn't had her byline all over some of this.

I think still on holiday - reckon she would have been all over the Pies story this week if she was back at work

I would love to see what Healy had to say if it were the Saints, Dogs or North that were in the gun.

Healy was partly responsible for all this starting in the first place. He is nothing to the MFC, he left the club for money and to play finals, the latter failing dismally.

I have a hard time believing that the AFL, after months of investigation, and pushing forward to the commission by letting MFC (etc) respond to their findings would suddenly turn around and say "yeah, sorry, we had nothing".

Either this tweet is crap, or there will be a number of people getting shown the door at AFL house due to incompetence on an epic scale.

I suspect the first possibility is more likely.

I have a hard time believing that the AFL, after months of investigation, and pushing forward to the commission by letting MFC (etc) respond to their findings would suddenly turn around and say "yeah, sorry, we had nothing".

Either this tweet is crap, or there will be a number of people getting shown the door at AFL house due to incompetence on an epic scale.

The person responsible for the investigation has already left the AFL. Do I need to connect the dots for you?

The person responsible for the investigation has already left the AFL. Do I need to connect the dots for you?

If AA leaving was because the investigation was crap, they wouldn't have proceded with it after he left.

If AA leaving was because the investigation was crap, they wouldn't have proceded with it after he left.

No, they had to let it run its course, the media would have had a field day if that happened.

You said it was one of two possibilities, the second possibility has already occured, so effectively you have answered your own question.

The bizarre notion that AA was axed because of the tanking investigation isn't becoming any more credible over time.

Adrian is a jilted lover, nothing more.

The bizarre notion that AA was axed because of the tanking investigation isn't becoming any more credible over time.

No, not just because of it but it definitely contributed. Actually, let me rephrase, because of what I have heard I believe it contributed.

AA knew he was never going to be considered for the main job which is why he left, but the question is why he would never have been considered.

I'll wait until it's officially announced before I breath a sigh of relief but Anderson seems pretty confident about his information, he's backed himself in no less than four times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah SEN is pretty rubbish but Anderson seems to be the only one to make a call of some sort. He might have got a leak that the AFL has already quickly accepted MFC's response to charges. Who really knows?

afl.com.au only has McLardy's nothing statement so far.

No, they had to let it run its course, the media would have had a field day if that happened.

You said it was one of two possibilities, the second possibility has already occured, so effectively you have answered your own question.

Apart from some Melbourne supporters, most agree that AA left because he had been passed over and wasn't in line for the top job any more.

Do you really think the media would have less of a field day if the AFL came out today and after all the lead up said "no case to answer"?

Do you also think that such drama couldn't have been predicted and lessened by taking a different course of action? All they had to do was come out and say they'd investigated thoroughly, and while there were some anomalies which led them to continue the investigation, now that it's all together, it was agreed that it didn't amount to a compelling case.

Yeah, some things would have leaked and that would have been embaressing, but they will this way too, indeed, this way more is likely to leak as by getting the MFC (etc) to respond, more people have been let into the loop.

Apart from some Melbourne supporters, most agree that AA left because he had been passed over and wasn't in line for the top job any more.

Yes, I know, that's what I said. The question is why did he get passed over and wasn't in line any more? Something major occured for that to happen.

Do you really think the media would have less of a field day if the AFL came out today and after all the lead up said "no case to answer"?

Yes, of course because the AFL can now say that they heavily investigated the matter and found no evidence and more importantly the AFL can finally answer the question to this thread. The AFL can take the moral high ground and say to the media that they did all they could.

Do you also think that such drama couldn't have been predicted and lessened by taking a different course of action? All they had to do was come out and say they'd investigated thoroughly, and while there were some anomalies which led them to continue the investigation, now that it's all together, it was agreed that it didn't amount to a compelling case.

No, the media were being leaked news by AA's investigation team on a weekly basis, the media would have instantly found out that Vlad stopped the investigation prematurely. Caro was writing articles on an almost daily and with that ammunition she would have greatly embarrased Vlad. The AFL hated having their investigation techniques in the media, but to stop it would have made things far worse.

Yeah, some things would have leaked and that would have been embaressing, but they will this way too, indeed, this way more is likely to leak as by getting the MFC (etc) to respond, more people have been let into the loop.

Yet nothing has been leaked by the MFC. Since the MFC received the report there has been no new information leaked.

Healy was partly responsible for all this starting in the first place. He is nothing to the MFC, he left the club for money and to play finals, the latter failing dismally.

Wasn't he also involved in registering "Melbourne Tigers Football Club" back in 91?

Yes, I know, that's what I said. The question is why did he get passed over and wasn't in line any more? Something major occured for that to happen.

He was passed over before the investigation really started as I recall. He just waited until the AFLs quiet time to actually hand in his notice and leave.

Yes, of course because the AFL can now say that they heavily investigated the matter and found no evidence and more importantly the AFL can finally answer the question to this thread. The AFL can take the moral high ground and say to the media that they did all they could.

If that was the case, why would they give the info to MFC (etc) and ask for their response to what they knew to be inadequate?

If they'd done, it would have been in the media late Dec, early Jan...When everyone is on holiday, nobody cares and it'd be gone before it had a serious impact on the 2013 season. Doing it now, they're spoiling the lead up to the NAB cup and AFL gossip columnists (like caro) are either back, or soon will be.

Yet nothing has been leaked by the MFC. Since the MFC received the report there has been no new information leaked.

Not yet, but it's a basic rule of keeping secrets that the more people who have the information, the harder it is to keep under wraps.

He was passed over before the investigation really started as I recall. He just waited until the AFLs quiet time to actually hand in his notice and leave.

If that was the case, why would they give the info to MFC (etc) and ask for their response to what they knew to be inadequate?

If they'd done, it would have been in the media late Dec, early Jan...When everyone is on holiday, nobody cares and it'd be gone before it had a serious impact on the 2013 season. Doing it now, they're spoiling the lead up to the NAB cup and AFL gossip columnists (like caro) are either back, or soon will be.

Not yet, but it's a basic rule of keeping secrets that the more people who have the information, the harder it is to keep under wraps.

Sorry, work just got busy and I won't be apply to apply for ages, I'll try to respond later today

Remember, one of the credible scenarios is that persons were were associated with MFC get pinged, but the club itself doesnt.

Note they may still take legal action over the penalty, which is why Bailey etc have all lawyered up seperate from the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Still no evidence against Melbourne re: tanking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back