Play Nice Still no evidence against Melbourne re: tanking

Remove this Banner Ad

We know that they didn't charge them only for resting them, thanks for pointing that out, saves me the trouble of quoting it.

Well I agree on that. The late withdrawal probably annoyed a fair few betting agencies as well and paperwork is a convenient excuse.

I just found the implication that late paperwork was the sole or primary reason for a large fine to be quite ludicrous tbh.

if there's no video proof it didn't happen. Dinosaurs never existed because there was no video proof. Elvis is alive because there's no video of him dying, so is Hitler.

No one is going to see anything yet, it's an investigation but seriously if Basil Big Nose is talking it up on 7 news it's unlikely to be a complete fabrication. unlike "sports-lies-first" and other internet sources channel 7 do actually have lawyers.

You mean like how Wilson went with a story that Melbourne had a secret meeting code-named the vault to discuss tanking and channel 7 went with it?

Yeah, channel 7 news never gets it wrong...lol ;)

Or like how channel 7 went with the story that Neeld treated the aboriginal players differently etc etc

Sorry chump, they do get it wrong and that video was from early Jan just before Melbourne were presented with the evidence, and yes that means that they have already been proven wrong with what he said, Melbourne didn't get charged like he said was going to happen.

Got anything else?

if there's no video proof it didn't happen. Dinosaurs never existed because there was no video proof. Elvis is alive because there's no video of him dying, so is Hitler.

You do realise that we're talking about a video here which means you are absolutely correct. If there's no video proof then you're spot on, there was no video.

That was easy, I suggest you try a different angle kid

Or like how channel 7 went with the story that Neeld treated the aboriginal players differently etc etc

You mean how they went with the story that it was alleged Neeld did so?

You do understand the difference between the news reporting that Neeld did it and the news reporting that Neeld has allegedly done it?

I got nothing. Just like you got nothing. Time will tell.
I'm just enjoying the moment. I shouldn't but I am.

It's pretty clear from your first post with what you were trying to do, my aim was to show that you have nothing, which I achieved.

Simple, everyone happy

You mean how they went with the story that it was alleged Neeld did so?

You do understand the difference between the news reporting that Neeld did it and the news reporting that Neeld has allegedly done it?

You do realise that that video has already been proven to be incorrect?

You know you'r comment that if no one has seen a video means that it doesn't exist is probably the most smartest thing you've ever posted on BF. Congratulations

Check out the Chicago black socks. Almost 100 years ago, and deliberately throwing games is still remembered with shame.

Wow if you can't see the difference between that and what the MFC has been accused of you must be a troll because you couldn't really be that dense. Not too mention the fact that it has absolutely no relevance to what I said whatsoever and you have completely failed to address any of the other rebuttals I had to your other laughable assertions.

You do realise that that video has already been proven to be incorrect?

You know you'r comment that if no one has seen a video means that it doesn't exist is probably the most smartest thing you've ever posted on BF. Congratulations

Where is the proof it was incorrect? And answer my question re: news reporting.

You have absolutely nothing, yet you claim we are the ones clutching at straws. You are admonishing us for doing basically the same thing as you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, the AFL treated you exactly the same way as they did everyone else for the first two times.

Then on the third time, they decided that when you roll it all together it was looking suss and dug further.

Yeah, clearly a conspiracy to get you. :rolleyes:

Yeah if you had any idea about what is going on you'd know that no other club has been investigated since the AFL's integrity department was doubled in size. Careful what you wish for, there's skeleton's in Richmond's closet you may not want to see revealed.

Where is the proof it was incorrect? And answer my question re: news reporting.

You have absolutely nothing, yet you claim we are the ones clutching at straws. You are admonishing us for doing basically the same thing as you.

I already have answered and you have nothing, just like that video. The reporter said that the AFL were preparing to charge Schwabb etc, which was completely wrong. At that point the AFL had handed over the evidence to Melbourne and then were going to wait on their response and then consider if they;re going to lay charges.

There is your answer, the reporter got it wrong.

Got anything else?

I thought it was a pretty reasonable conclusion.

You palmed off a perfectly good player in Mclean, had you kept him, you would've won enough games to forfeit a Priority. Hence, you never would've been accused of cheating, ahem, tanking. Him putting you in it on national television was really just drawing attention to a whole concept that would've been avoided had you hung on to him.

I stand by the trade.
OUT: Mclean
IN: World of PAIN

Gee, my recollection is that Brock wanted out. I must be wrong though, because obviously you wouldn't simply be twisting things to suit your preferred view of reality.

I've got a few moments of my life to waste, so I'll bite:

We're not admonishing you for doing basically the same thing at all. Melbourne supporters here are in the main simply pointing out that a) nothing official has been released, much less decided and perhaps b) the evidence, such as it is, seems pretty flaky.

In contrast, a number of posters here, including you, continue to post AS IF Melbourne have been a) charged and b) found guilty of ... er .. something, and are having trouble finding horses high enough to get onto.

Interesting if true, especially if it is true as claimed that the AFL has vision of Schwabb berating players after a win. That all adds up to a world of pain for the Dees.

Those pesky cameras in the dressing rooms, just ask cuz and richo

Lol. Go Schwabby! And Melbourne fans claim we have a chip on our shoulder about him leaving.
2 words: arse-Clown.

I wouldn't rely on any news article with yahoo in the title to be honest.

As to Schwab possibly berating players for a win, it would not be surprising at all if it did indeed happen, video or no video.

I can't understand how you guys can really believe Schwab would be "berating" players in the dressing rooms after the game for winning. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. In this whole shitstorm NO-ONE has alleged the players were directed to or tried to deliberately lose - therefore it makes no sense whatsoever that he would be berating them for not doing something they had not been directed to do. I can understand Basil/channel 7 being that dumb but I hold BF to a higher standard.

I already have answered and you have nothing, just like that video. The reporter said that the AFL were preparing to charge Schwabb etc,

Where does schwab come into it when you were talking about Neeld being racist?

You didn't answer the question, just deflecting again. Now tell me: do you know the difference between a reporter reporting Neeld is racist and reporting that Neeld has been accused of being racist?

I don't think you do, because you seem to have a lack of understanding of how the media works.

I've got a few moments of my life to waste, so I'll bite:

We're not admonishing you for doing basically the same thing at all. Melbourne supporters here are in the main simply pointing out that a) nothing official has been released, much less decided and perhaps b) the evidence, such as it is, seems pretty flaky.

In contrast, a number of posters here, including you, continue to post AS IF Melbourne have been a) charged and b) found guilty of ... er .. something, and are having trouble finding horses high enough to get onto.
Pretty good summation.

No. We're not posting as if Melbourne have been charged. We're posting because realistically we all know Melbourne tanked. It's just a matter of whether it can be proven enough in a legal sense. Kind of like we all know OJ Simpson killed his wife.

And it's just funny the different things Melbourne will say. One day it'll be "oh the league gave us incentive, it's their fault" and then the next it'll be "everybody does it". Christ, you even accuse GWS of tanking.

No. We're not posting as if Melbourne have been charged. We're posting because realistically we all know Melbourne tanked. It's just a matter of whether it can be proven enough in a legal sense. Kind of like we all know OJ Simpson killed his wife.

And it's just funny the different things Melbourne will say. One day it'll be "oh the league gave us incentive, it's their fault" and then the next it'll be "everybody does it". Christ, you even accuse GWS of tanking.
Bloody hell, I'm stuck in the vortex of this shit thread again.

1. The league did provide the incentive and it could be argued they provided tacit approval by overlooking the obvious deficiencies in the system for so long. Are they solely guilty, no, but they should be held partly accountable. That is under the premise that Melbourne is found to be guilty.

2. Not everybody did it, but there is very little doubt that other clubs would be guilty of tanking to the same extent as Melbourne. Few would deny this and the ones that do are frankly idiots who just want to see Melbourne castrated.

The evidence along the lines of lower than "normal" rotations and questionable match ups is, on its own merits, weak. There are any number of reasons for such decisions during a match. It simply can't be proven that they were made with the intent of losing the match. There's no way I'm going to say outright that a team as terrible as we were in 09 threw any game until I see irrefutable evidence that is the case. I don't see what is so difficult to understand about this.

Frankly I think a great number of opposition fans have persisted in this thread because they know Demons fans will react, which is why it probably should have been moved to the Bay after about Page 5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice Still no evidence against Melbourne re: tanking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back