Strangest match-ups u have ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola played full back on Lloyd a few years back. I think he got shifted there in the second half.

Already metioned twice but I'll say it again: Joel Reynolds on Fevola. I'm still shaking my head over that one.

the 3 of them still had no chance of stopping him that night :thumbsu:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Dcm3q5v8g[/YOUTUBE]

LRT on Buddy Franklin last year. One of the most akward/clumsy looking players in the comp trying to defend one of the most effortless looking players in the comp. Wasnt fun to watch for that half of football. Thank God Buddy's kicking was shocking that day, 4.7 that day if i remember correctly.

Mal Michael on Phillip Matera.

We shouldn't be surprised at these match-ups. Coaches will match up their tall defenders on smaller forwards who rely on marks on the lead. Presti has played against Medhurst when he played for Freo, Mark Williams and even Brad Johnson (who he played pretty well against).

Some strange match ups I've seen:
Swan on Whitnall (playing full forward) and Swan outmarked Whitnall one on one twice.
Maxwell on Scott Thompson in the elim final last year, even followed him in the middle. This one game is why Maxwell is now classified as a midfielder in Dream Team.
Lonie on Koschitzke - with our tall defenders injured Lonie was thrown on to him. Kosi played the game of his life needless to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rohan Smith on Matthew Robran in the 1998 prelim final.

Robran went on to kick 7. Well done Terry.

Another terry gem is playing raines on tall forwards like riewoldt. he is actually quite good at negating as a SMALL defender but got killed playing on the bigger blokes. thursfield was in the team at the time for gods sake!

this from the man who put richo back to the square the year after frawley had started to play him on the wing (with results) late '04. we all know (now) how well he can play on the wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strangest match-ups u have ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back