Opinion Stringer theory. NO ESSENDON SUPPORTERS.

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair? Now in its correct thread, even if nobody asked for it.

• The club clearly want him out the door.

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him. He's going nowhere.

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • I felt sad for Jake on that stage with Conners pulling his strings.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • To lose 1 CEO may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose 4 looks like carelessness.

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • The Jack 'Armageddon Option' Watts Option.

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • We've warned you about creating polls Norm! Yet for shame you persist.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • You really don't create enough polls Norm.

Votes: 32 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did he say this?

ABC Radio this morning. Probably the most optimistic view of the situation I've heard out of the club. Referred to an article he'd seen that said we should learn from the Steve Johnson situation and then paused, implying that we are basically doing the same thing with Stringer, and that it was up to him if he wanted to commit fully to the club and stay. Similar to what Wallis said.

"This has happened to quite a few players where they get to a point and need to decide what they really want from their career." Or something along those lines..

Also said they're completely aware of what he's capable of becoming. Could be an absolute top player in the league etc.

OMG, have you seen Cooney's article about the Cats getting both Ablett and Stringer

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y/news-story/e2b1d7aac4fc683aa9925940859a1187

“But surely the Cats can’t get both players?”

That’s a question others and even myself are asking.

Don’t write it off. Possible train trade scenarios for Ablett could include sending Steven Motlop and Darcy Lang to Gold Coast with a portion of Ablett’s salary paid by the Suns and Gazza plays 2018 on a significantly reduced salary.

Stringer could find himself playing in the blue hoops next year if the Cats are willing to give up a player like Rhys Stanley (which would fill the Dogs’ need for a mobile ruck/forward) and a second-round draft pick".

Seriously Adam, why would we do a deal that bad. Anyway I thought you had him just about over the line to Essendon !!

Pffft. Another media commentator falls lock step in line with the narrative that that the omnipresent Damian Barret has been running with for a couple of weeks in lieu of any actual information on his trade value.

Cooney is not exactly an un biased or dispassionate commentator on this matter. Disregard.

I for one will be watching this Stringer trade very carefully. If I even get a hint that we are getting done over or we acquiesce to accept a dodgy deal I will vent my spleen to the club in which ever method I can. Hopefully, sense will prevail and we end up with a fair and advantageous outcome.

"He's an exquisitely talented footballer. I hope he's at the Bulldogs next season." - Peter Gordon

He's staying.

Yes, I also heard Peter Gordon talking on radio 774. He is of the belief that Stringer will remain at the club in 2018. Thinks Jake will return to the club after realising the mistakes he's made in respect to his football, and that he will see sense and become the exceptional player he deserves to be. And Peter said that he has high hopes that it will be at the bulldogs.

My read on all that Peter said, is that the bulldogs will play hard in a Stringer trade. It will need to be an extraordinary offer for them to deal, otherwise, I'm of the opinion, if he doesn't return tho the club, hard lesson learnt, and his tail between his legs....Jake Stringer could likely find himself in the draft. Just my read on it!

Reckon he really does want to stay though... So the major head honcho's at your club need to lay the ground work and create a peaceful path for him to return by - if you really do want to keep him. Good luck with it though Doggies.

Yes, I also heard Peter Gordon talking on radio 774. He is of the belief that Stringer will remain at the club in 2018. Thinks Jake will return to the club after realising the mistakes he's made in respect to his football, and that he will see sense and become the exceptional player he deserves to be. And Peter said that he has high hopes that it will be at the bulldogs.

My read on all that Peter said, is that the bulldogs will play hard in a Stringer trade. It will need to be an extraordinary offer for them to deal, otherwise, I'm of the opinion, if he doesn't return tho the club, hard lesson learnt, and his tail between his legs....Jake Stringer could likely find himself in the draft. Just my read on it!

Reckon he really does want to stay though... So the major head honcho's at your club need to lay the ground work and create a peaceful path for him to return by - if you really do want to keep him. Good luck with it though Doggies.
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on here. Not having a go at you but I'm wondering how Stringer ends up in the draft? He is contracted until the end of October 2018, so even if we delisted him (by mutual termination of his contract), he would then become a Free Agent and could sign with anyone. Not sure if the draft scenario is even possible for 2017. Certainly is in 2018 though.

Don’t write it off. Possible train trade scenarios for Ablett could include sending Steven Motlop and Darcy Lang to Gold Coast with a portion of Ablett’s salary paid by the Suns and Gazza plays 2018 on a significantly reduced salary.

It's like BigFooty in the school holidays.

FFS! How many times, Motlop is a free agent. If the Suns want him enough they can just take him. There's probably a good chance though they don't want him.

Geelong could perhaps get Ablett for Lang if they are prepared to take all of Ablett's salary, which they won't (or can't).

yes
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on here. Not having a go at you but I'm wondering how Stringer ends up in the draft? He is contracted until the end of October 2018, so even if we delisted him (by mutual termination of his contract), he would then become a Free Agent and could sign with anyone. Not sure if the draft scenario is even possible for 2017. Certainly is in 2018 though.
Very true about contract situation, I'm not suggesting the bullies delist him this year...the very reason he is still under contract means the bullies hold the upper hand... think Gibbs last year..... but in respect to the bulldogs and stringer.... and in having to deal with the likes of the hustlers at Essendon... I just reckon, even the slightest inclination of playing a year in the VFL would be a nasty thought for any talented AFL player - that's probably where I was going with that.

Your team does hold the upper hand - no cagey opposition club campaigner can change that fact with their silly insinuations of the opposite.

As I said before, good luck with it. I truly do hope he stays.

It's like BigFooty in the school holidays.

FFS! How many times, Motlop is a free agent. If the Suns want him enough they can just take him. There's probably a good chance though they don't want him.

Geelong could perhaps get Ablett for Lang if they are prepared to take all of Ablett's salary, which they won't (or can't).
The salary isn't a huge issue, ablett can sign an extension at Geelong and split it over 2 or 3 years. If he's that desperate to come home he will do it and that's what the cats will push for.

I think Lake might have done similar at the hawks, put his 500k over two years at 250 each or something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That John Faine guy is as idiotic as the rest the afl jouros. The stuff he said on Cloke. Can't kick goals and he's a very expensive player to be playing in the 2s. Being paid to say any old sh*t must be an easy gig. When did it get this bad

Faine isn't a sports journo. He's good at taking the contrary position and hammering his guest to get a real answer. Enjoy how he gets stuck into pollies on both sides of the fence.

Faine isn't a sports journo. He's good at taking the contrary position and hammering his guest to get a real answer. Enjoy how he gets stuck into pollies on both sides of the fence.

He's also a massive anti-Collingwood troll. So probably posts on bigfooty.

Last edited:
I for one will be watching this Stringer trade very carefully. If I even get a hint that we are getting done over or we acquiesce to accept a dodgy deal I will vent my spleen to the club in which ever method I can. Hopefully, sense will prevail and we end up with a fair and advantageous outcome.

You and me bother.
I have said I will burn WO down , are you with me ?
This is one time all those at the club I hope read Bigfooty

I must be a bad judge character or the premiership has gone to Bevo's head and he is a different person to last year. I just cannot see him leaving some else to telephone Jake that he was out. There is something very strange with the whole situation and 2 and 2 is not adding up to 4. Normally the whole saga truths will come out sometime.

That John Faine guy is as idiotic as the rest the afl jouros. The stuff he said on Cloke. Can't kick goals and he's a very expensive player to be playing in the 2s. Being paid to say any old sh*t must be an easy gig. When did it get this bad
Fain is good on many topics but yeah... football is outside his ambit

I must be a bad judge character or the premiership has gone to Bevo's head and he is a different person to last year. I just cannot see him leaving some else to telephone Jake that he was out. There is something very strange with the whole situation and 2 and 2 is not adding up to 4. Normally the whole saga truths will come out sometime.
Don't think so. He showed similar traits with the Talia scandal.

If you want a mental picture of Jon Faine:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back