Opinion Stringer theory. NO ESSENDON SUPPORTERS.

Is the Stringer situation beyond repair? Now in its correct thread, even if nobody asked for it.

• The club clearly want him out the door.

Votes: 102 34.7%
  • This was just a shot across Jakes bow as a means of motivating him. He's going nowhere.

Votes: 49 16.7%
  • The club is clearly a rabble. Sack Macca!

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • This is just the first play in massive trade that we are not yet privy to.

Votes: 19 6.5%
  • This is a game of blink and Jake and Conners just blinked.

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • Its time to move on a negotiate the best deal we can.

Votes: 36 12.2%
  • I felt sad for Jake on that stage with Conners pulling his strings.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • To lose 1 CEO may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose 4 looks like carelessness.

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • The Jack 'Armageddon Option' Watts Option.

Votes: 12 4.1%
  • We've warned you about creating polls Norm! Yet for shame you persist.

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • You really don't create enough polls Norm.

Votes: 32 10.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pffft. Another media commentator falls lock step in line with the narrative that that the omnipresent Damian Barret has been running with for a couple of weeks in lieu of any actual information on his trade value.

Cooney is not exactly an un biased or dispassionate commentator on this matter. Disregard.

I am so sick of Adam Cooney !!!!!!!
Has a chip on his shoulder the size of Australia

He and his wife and their gang of "it's all the clubs fault not mine" including lake and stringer - for those who don't know Cooney baby sits for jake - best walk away and never look back.

Am sick of all three never able to wear any blame themselves

He and his wife and their gang of "it's all the clubs fault not mine" including lake and stringer - for those who don't know Cooney baby sits for jake - best walk away and never look back.

Well Jake did say he had done the wrong thing etc .......

I feel sorry for Liam Picken who seems to have been dragged into that gang of Mensa members through no fault of his own.

Yes, I also heard Peter Gordon talking on radio 774. He is of the belief that Stringer will remain at the club in 2018. Thinks Jake will return to the club after realising the mistakes he's made in respect to his football, and that he will see sense and become the exceptional player he deserves to be. And Peter said that he has high hopes that it will be at the bulldogs.

My read on all that Peter said, is that the bulldogs will play hard in a Stringer trade. It will need to be an extraordinary offer for them to deal, otherwise, I'm of the opinion, if he doesn't return tho the club, hard lesson learnt, and his tail between his legs....Jake Stringer could likely find himself in the draft. Just my read on it!

Reckon he really does want to stay though... So the major head honcho's at your club need to lay the ground work and create a peaceful path for him to return by - if you really do want to keep him. Good luck with it though Doggies.
Peter Gordon is not the coach and it is not up to the club to create any path for Stringer to return. A football club is not based on one individual player. There is no hope of Stringer remaining at the dogs, Beveridge has had enough of him and the relationship is too far gone. Stringer would not want to stay anyway now, it is best he moves on.

Now Geelong has got pumped in a preliminary final for two years in row they need to change things up a bit. They need Jake and would surely want him more that GAJ or Devon Smith. He is contracted, we hold the upper hand. I along with most here on Big Footy would love to still have him, but if we trade, it MUST suit our needs too. We must not get unders for such a talent.

The media always brags and Geelong hold the title as we can get deals done.

Well Dogs tell them Pick 1-5 this year and 1st round 2018 or don't call us.

They got Stanley for what?

Anything other than the above you tell them and Jakes team GFC.

I am absolutely in the "I'd rather Jake sit for a year in the 2s than accept a crap offer" column, even if we end up with a lesser trade in a year's time. It doesn't do us any good to bend over for a 23-year-old AA premiership player, both in a trade sense or a club culture sense.

All that said I still want Jake to stay. I really hate this situation. I just thank Bont it's not the Bont.

Don't think so. He showed similar traits with the Talia scandal.

Comparing this to the Talia scandal is just ridiculous. Bev didnt talk to Talia because he was mad enough to kill him. He almost killed Barret for questioning him about it at the Brownlow. As far as I know Stringer hasn't leaked any game day info to opposition teams in a final and I've heard Bev is catching up with him for a chat. It's Jason's job to discuss trades with players, not Bev's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Comparing this to the Talia scandal is just ridiculous. Bev didnt talk to Talia because he was mad enough to kill him. He almost killed Barret for questioning him about it at the Brownlow. As far as I know Stringer hasn't leaked any game day info to opposition teams in a final and I've heard Bev is catching up with him for a chat. It's Jason's job to discuss trades with players, not Bev's.
I didn't compare the situations. Simply his ability to be ruthless when required.

I didn't compare the situations. Simply his ability to be ruthless when required.

Well he did work for the Taxation Office ;)

there was a segment on the local radio station up here just now. Barrett, Liam Pickering and Doctor Turf discussing the Stringer situation. All agreed the club had handled the situation badly, had successfully talked down his value and the Jake would not be at the dogs next year. (I am not agreeing with this just relaying what was said). They all felt it was the worst handling of a similar situation they had seen. Barrett was adamant the club could not get a pick better than 20. The others agreed saying no club would give high picks after the Dogs had detailed all his faults. Barrett said there was some lying (not the word he used) about the situation by both sides when asked how Jake could not have seen it coming based on the talk in his end of season interview. Pickering disputed this. He was basing this on what Bulldog player clients of his had told him Jake had said to them following the exit interview and that he walked out believing all was good.

there was a segment on the local radio station up here just now. Barrett, Liam Pickering and Doctor Turf discussing the Stringer situation. All agreed the club had handled the situation badly, had successfully talked down his value and the Jake would not be at the dogs next year. (I am not agreeing with this just relaying what was said). They all felt it was the worst handling of a similar situation they had seen. Barrett was adamant the club could not get a pick better than 20. The others agreed saying no club would give high picks after the Dogs had detailed all his faults. Barrett said there was some lying (not the word he used) about the situation by both sides when asked how Jake could not have seen it coming based on the talk in his end of season interview. Pickering disputed this. He was basing this on what Bulldog player clients of his had told him Jake had said to them following the exit interview and that he walked out believing all was good.

Call me a small minority', but I feel the club has played it straight up and pretty well. No surprises, no cover up, they have have given plenty of time for it to play out.

Do these journalists really think that in AFL mad Melbourne anything would remain unknown? That we could have snuck in at trade at the last minute and kept the reasons for trading secret? How do you think Jake would have felt if he suddenly found out in trade week he was being shipped?

IMO the club deserves credit for its honesty. By coming out well before trade period we show respect for the player, our players and the trading clubs- maybe some journalists aren't really capable of understanding what that is.

I don't care who thinks what at the Hearld Sun, The Age, SEN, Channels 7/9/FOX. I couldn't give a heck what any peanut manager or past player thinks and I'm specially not interested in what other clubs think the value of our player is.... The price is the price, come up with the cash or don't waste my time...... Next

The media always brags and Geelong hold the title as we can get deals done.

Well Dogs tell them Pick 1-5 this year and 1st round 2018 or don't call us.

They got Stanley for what?

Anything other than the above you tell them and Jakes team GFC.

Interestingly with two prelim failures, more stalwarts retiring, and both Selwoods starting to feel the pinch of playing tough midfield roles for ten years, Geelong don't look like they'll have much to off on the trade table. On top of this GAJnr is also still contracted and GC will play hard ball.
I don't think Stringer will get there.

Interestingly with two prelim failures, more stalwarts retiring, and both Selwoods starting to feel the pinch of playing tough midfield roles for ten years, Geelong don't look like they'll have much to off on the trade table. On top of this GAJnr is also still contracted and GC will play hard ball.
I don't think Stringer will get there.
From a purely selfish point of view I reckon he's going to embarrass us a lot less at Geelong than Essendon. They have very little younger talent and are going to be shit for quite a while. Essendon on the other hand are going to be in the bottom half of the eight for quite a while.

Just to float a different idea, Geelong may be able to get a deal done if they re-sign a few players (say motlop, Menzel and cockatoo) to long term deals and then trade them to us and offer to pay their salaries. Allowing us extra cap space could be something that gets the deal over the line, given that those three players would otherwise cost us over 1 million per year collectively.

Publicly giving Jake a backhander is a bad move .. if our ultimate aim is to trade him.

Call me a small minority', but I feel the club has played it straight up and pretty well. No surprises, no cover up, they have have given plenty of time for it to play out.

Do these journalists really think that in AFL mad Melbourne anything would remain unknown? That we could have snuck in at trade at the last minute and kept the reasons for trading secret? How do you think Jake would have felt if he suddenly found out in trade week he was being shipped?

IMO the club deserves credit for its honesty. By coming out well before trade period we show respect for the player, our players and the trading clubs- maybe some journalists aren't really capable of understanding what that is.

Pickering who is slightly better connected than the average plonker on BigFooty proved this very point in the quoted discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back