Sub-Continent sooks reckon that Gilly cheated

Remove this Banner Ad

Douchebag said:
"4) Most of his shots, mainly his eight sixes, were massive and cleared the grounds."
Haha, what an idiot! Of course they cleared the ground. They were sixes. What else is a six going to do? Burn the blades of grass as it scorches through the outfield?

Perhaps they (subbies) can lobby to change the rules to make this illegal , which would be ironic condsidering they have previously lobbied to change the rules to make something that was illegal ie Murali's bowling action into something that is deemed to be fair .

I tried the squash ball in the glove and I don't hit the ball any further. Didnt do anything for me but I probably dont have big enough hands for it too work.

I tried the squash ball in the glove and I don't hit the ball any further. Didnt do anything for me but I probably dont have big enough hands for it too work.

To me he was just using it as a door stop, to stop his bat turning in his hands because of his extremely high grip.

Good lord they bloody whinge.
We probably need another tsunami to wipe them out because it makes me sick listening to them make excuses.

Worst thing to ever happen to cricket was letting the sub continent teams to get so much power, they demand everything that happens is to their benefit, and they bitch and cry when something goes against them.

A Colombo-Based Doctor Claims Australians Matthew Hayden And Adam Gilchrist Used Performance-Enhancing Drugs During World Cup

http://www.dailynews.lk/2007/05/04/spo02.asp

That is the funniest thing I have ever read. :D

Can anyone write delusional????

Seriously, can Gilchrist or Hayden sue him for his totally unfounded comments?

It is slander or libel, one of those two, isn't it??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My response via their feedback button;

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you have good lawyers. Allegations like that will cost you a great deal of money.

Not only is the article full of accusations, it is completely ill-founded and factually incorrect.

The writer talks about the fitness of these players. Is the writer familiar with the excessive training that the Australian team did prior to their recent summer?

The writer suggests that Haydens' form prior to the World Cup was poor. Perhaps he should check his results from the tri-series in Australia and the series in NZ. He was in unbelievably good form at this time.

That said, please enjoy your paper. I'd imagine if the Australian Cricket Board or the ICC get hold of it then it wont exist for much longer.

Cheers.

Bunch of pathetic sooks. I realise these people don't speak for the majority of Lankans, but it comes across pretty poorly when an official from Sri Lankan cricket sooks like this.

Maybe it's some form of cheap revenge? After all quite a few years ago Gilly was quoted as saying Murali "doesn't bowl within the rules"

Got to love it , I would have been unhappy if they had taken the defeat gracefully . I wonder what Dr Fernando has his doctorate in - philosophy ??

You can put the squash ball in the Broomstick Putter Department.

The squash ball in the glove has been used plenty of times in first class cricket, I've heard lots of examples of it being used. Graham Manou experimented with it for a while which perhaps dispels the myth that it improves your batting.

With the squash ball in place you can't grip the bat as tightly with your bottom hand which means that you have to control the swing of the bat and provide the majority of the force with your top hand. It means (theoretically) that you hit the ball straighter and are less likely close the face of the bat when trying to hit the ball hard.

Other players do something similar where they have one grip on the top part of the handle (for the top hand) and 4-5 grips on the bottom part of the handle (for the bottom hand). Similar principle. Those who play cricket will know that in some bats the handle takes on an oval shape towards the bottom whereas at the top it is circular.

This is a good quote from Grahaml on SAFooty:

http://safootycentral.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7527

Grahaml said:
Not sure why it seems to have been missed, but one of the blogs actually answers the question. In regards to equipment, there is no mention of the batsman's gloves having to conform to a standard. They list stumps, balls, bats et al yet no mention of gloves. And I'm 100% sure the umpires never ask what a glove is made of. My conclusion is that since there is no law declaring this illegal, there is nothing wrong with doing it. It also says about umpires being satisfied. This means if the umpires allow it, it's allowed so long as the ICC haven't issued a ban before the game. I think the short answer is, with no rule existing defining the material and dimensions of gloves, you can make them out of anything. And with no rule saying what you can and can't put inside your gloves (inners, bandaged, splints etc being used commonly) what grounds could they have to dispute the legality of putting a squash ball in a glove?

And also from heater31:

heater31 said:
the only gloves mentioned in the laws of cricket are the wicket keeper's gloves specifically in relation to the size of the webbing between the thumb and index finger. Only became aware of this rule when an umpire gave a warning to our keeper and a request to buy a new set of gloves

Those accusing from the Sub Continent, give it up, Sri Lanka weren't good enough to win, full stop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sub-Continent sooks reckon that Gilly cheated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back