Sub-Continent sooks reckon that Gilly cheated

Remove this Banner Ad

If the Sri Lankans keep this garbage up, their tour down here this coming summer will not be pretty.

Murali will be back in Colombo by Day two of the Brisbane test in tears.

So the MCC have declared that Gilly's 'magical' squash ball is legal, rightfully so too.

You would think this will shut up the sore loser brigade now but I'm guessing ithe MCC's ruling will just give another thing for the crybaby's to whinge about..

If the Sri Lankans keep this garbage up, their tour down here this coming summer will not be pretty.

Murali will be back in Colombo by Day two of the Brisbane test in tears.

If he even decides to come out. He doesn't take wickets out here, or anywhere against us and the crowds boo him and yell "no ball". Very surprised if he turns up.

And look at Pakistan, not only is Asif back in the squad but he's named as vice-captain. If Australia had included 'drug cheats' like the Pakistanis sent to SA, imagine the whingeing emanating from that part of the world!

There are definitely double standards.

I'd like to know what the ICC and WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency)are doing about this. It's been over six months now and still nothing more. So much for WADA refusing to accept Paks decision to overturn.
What they don't do and say says much.

Alledgely tampering and it wasn't even tampering, remarkable that you lot should think so... mints changing the condition of the ball? whatever next?

play the game and find out for yourself.

and for the record i have not seen a English cricket reverse a cricket ball ever since.:D

Well well well.
Another Aussie cheating scandal hey?

If they're not using illegal bats, or taking drugs and blaming their mum, they're finding new ways.

Congratulations to Sri Lanka. World Cup Champions.

well well well

another attempted troll by renegade hey?

if it is an advantage then you would think every other batsman in the world will try and continue to use it for they are missing out

that won't happen though - some may try it but they will realise it's only advantage is to correct his particular technique

this thread explains why others countries (and trolls like renegade) feel the need to make false accusations...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304656&highlight=beatnik+buchanan

peace

Well well well.
Another Aussie cheating scandal hey?

If they're not using illegal bats, or taking drugs and blaming their mum, they're finding new ways.

Congratulations to Sri Lanka. World Cup Champions.

Um, you kinda became irrelevant during the ashes when you "disappeared", and {magically) reappeared afterwards when the euphoria had died down. Another ****y pommy who never had the ticker to show up and cop his medicine. :thumbsu:

Um, you kinda became irrelevant during the ashes when you "disappeared", and {magically) reappeared afterwards when the euphoria had died down. Another ****y pommy who never had the ticker to show up and cop his medicine. :thumbsu:

wouldnt worry about Renegade

his a loser :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno what's worse - the accusations, or the failed attempt at trying to sound smart.

http://www.lankaweb.com/news/items07/050507-2.html

R. George Manuelpillai
Jawatha Gardens
Colombo 05

April 30, 2007

The President
The International Cricket Council
World Cup Tournament
P.O. Box 5000/70
Dubai,
United Arab Emirates

Dear Sir,

Subject: 2007 World Cup winners -Australian Cricket Team be
Disqualified and the Sri Lanka Cricket Team be declared
as the winners, because Adam Gilchrist admits concealing
a performance enhancing device, inside his bottom hand
glove a squash ball.

Adam Gilchrist, the opening batsman for Australia admits to the correspondent, Bridgetown, Saturday, AFP of using a squash ball concealed inside his bottom hand glove, a performance enhancing device, to catapult the cricket ball. Using a squash ball enclosed inside the glove is considered as an illegal practice, resulting in catapulting and/or catastrophic consequences, thereby assisting Gilchrist to accumulate an induced score of 149 runs in the one day cricket finals at Barbados.

The Laws of Cricket 2000 Code 2 Ed. 2003: The Preamble to the Laws- specifically states that "the game of Cricket is a game that owes much of its unique appeal to the fact that; it should be played not only within the rules, but also with the spirit of the game. Any action thereof, that is seen to abuse this spirit cause injury to the game itself. The major responsibility of ensuring the spirit of fair-play rests with the Captain".

Based on the information related above, the opening batsmen Adam Gilchrist used a performance enhancing device in his bottom hand glove, a squash ball, challenging not only within its laws of Cricket, but also within the 'spirit of the game'. Any action which is seen to abuse the spirit causes injury to the game itself. Based on the Preamble, the Australian Cricket Team should be disqualified for the illegal practice of concealing a squash ball in the glove, a performance enhancing device. In lieu, the Sri Lankan Cricket Team be re-awarded the Cricket World Cup 2007.

The Captain was aware of the fact that Adam Gilchrist did practice wearing the spring loaded squash ball, concealed in the glove, a prohibitive exercise, with his friend, a squash player - Bob Meuleman, Western Australian Cricketer. So, the Captain in the 'Spirit of the Cricket Game', should have brought it to the notice of the

Page 2:

Umpires, and obtained prior approval, before the Cricket game got started. Therefore it is pertinent that the ICC Committee take disciplinary action against both Gilchrist and the Captain-as they are jointly and severely guilty of the illegal device that was employed, and should be suspended for life. Furthermore, the Australian Cricket Team be disqualified from the World Cricket Cup 2007, and the cup be re-awarded to the Sri Lankan Cricket Team.

The characteristic of the squash ball indicates that the ball is made of vulcanised rubber with additions of polymers and synthetic material to achieve a degree of fairly low resilience. The lower the resilience of the object the higher the proportion of energy used in deforming it. Thus when a batsmen hits the cricket ball, the air inside the squash ball gets pressurised or deformed, releasing a spring load of energy, that is transferred directly to the bat, resulting in a catapulting effect on the cricket ball, as evidenced by the spectators, watching Gilchrist's batting spell bound.

In this context, it is evident that wearing a performance enhancing device (Squash ball) is prohibitive against the 'Spirit of the Cricket Game' and is analogous to an Athlete using performance enhancing drugs to win his event. Furthermore, the Australian Cricket Team should be disqualified from the World Cup 2007 and in lieu Sri Lankan Cricket Team be re-awarded the World Cup 2007

Laws' the Bat: It defines that the bat should be made solely of wood and the hand and glove be part of the bat The specification of the glove is not defined, but it is prohibitive to enclose a performance enhancing device in the glove. Tampering the glove is synonymous to the tampering of the cricket ball, thus the practice is not allowed/acceptable. Moreover, it is explicit that no outside appliance/device can be introduced into the glove; more specifically a spring loaded device as evidenced in the squash ball and is prohibitive.

In conclusion, I write with a firm hand that the ICC conduct disciplinary hearings and the 2007 World Cricket Cup re-awarded to the Sri Lankan Cricket Club and a decision that both Adam Gilchrist and the Australian Captain be banned for Life.

In the event I do not hear from you, Legal Action will be meted against the ICC.

Soliciting your assistance,

Yours sincerely,

R. George Manuelpillai
A cricketer and an enthusiast .from Sri Lanka

Haha is this clown for real? Wheres that pic of the baby sooking?
Its not like Gilly isnt capable of slapping their bowlers around the park by himself :eek: The ball would provide no power boost whatsoever especially being held inside his glove and not preventing his hand from making a full grip on the handle.

In conclusion, I write with a firm hand that the ICC conduct disciplinary hearings and the 2007 World Cricket Cup re-awarded to the Sri Lankan Cricket Club and a decision that both Adam Gilchrist and the Australian Captain be banned for Life.
hahant8.gif
hahant8.gif

i am somewhere between thinking that is the funniest thing i have ever read and the saddest thing i have ever read

clearly the author fundamentally misunderstands why and how the ball was used

he has some strange idea that it is some sort of spring-loaded 'performance-enhancing' device instead of what it is - a cheap 'n nasty hand 'orthotic' that wouldn't help anyone who did not have Gilly's exact technique :rolleyes:

but let's not do the tempting thing which is to bag all sri lankans because of this ass-clown :eek:

aside from our own fave, srilankancat, i talk cricket with several enthusiasts of sri lankan descent and i find them to be some of the politest and purest followers of the game :)

why? none of the players complained. they've taken it on the chin. unlike their country's crickets greedy board members.

Exactly. If anything, from that SMH article:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/cricket/...erarm-sri-lanka/2007/05/07/1178390231999.html

Murali tries to downplay the whole thing:

That was contradicted by Muttiah Muralitharan. "That is [Mathivanan's] personal opinion; the team doesn't think that," the spinner told the Herald.

"If anything, I would think having a squash ball in your glove would be uncomfortable. I don't know if I could even hold a bat with something like that in my glove. So if [Gilchrist wants to do it], it is OK with me."

Mathivanan also received little support from SLC chief executive Duleep Mendis. When asked if he supported his secretary, Mendis said: "You must call him about that."

why? none of the players complained. they've taken it on the chin. unlike their country's crickets greedy board members.

Uhhh.....The SL team were the first to complain. And didn't they complain and whine (not the spirit of the game blah blah blah) Check out the first/earliest reports on this (Sportal etc). They are only playing it down now with comments like Murali's because the MCC has deemed it legal and firmly state Gilly did nothing wrong and if they didn't shut up, they could find they'd be the one's in hot water themselves. They were made look like cry baby, sore loosers......of course now they change their tune.
:rolleyes:

Uhhh.....The SL team were the first to complain. And didn't they complain and whine (not the spirit of the game blah blah blah) Check out the first/earliest reports on this (Sportal etc). They are only playing it down now with comments like Murali's because the MCC has deemed it legal and firmly state Gilly did nothing wrong and if they didn't shut up, they could find they'd be the one's in hot water themselves. They were made look like cry baby, sore loosers......of course now they change their tune.
:rolleyes:
Post some proof of where one SL team member has complained.. otherwise i suspect your comments just to be the usual garbage that rules these threads

I got a response.....

----------------------------------------------------
Thank you. Those are the views of the writer.

For your information this paper has lasted for 89 years and it will last forever Aussie or otherwise

Thank you

Editor
----------------------------------------------------

Hotmail identified it as spam. Pretty smart....

My Response to the article...

Your paper is a disgrace for printing this persons claims about Australian Cricket players. I hope the players and CA sue you. You are a pathetic bunch of sore losers. Funny that the country with the biggest cheater on the planet in their team the chucker mulari is calling Australians cheaters. Sri Lankan cricket R.I.P (Rotting in Pieces).

Remove this Banner Ad

Sub-Continent sooks reckon that Gilly cheated

Remove this Banner Ad

Back