Such is Life: The Ben Cousins Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont know about that Grammy. If you saw his second half against the crows at Aami in 2005 or 2006 (cant remember which) prelim, you would have to wonder what he took at half time. He was outstanding in the first half, but 10 times as good in the second half. I still cant believe how hard he ran.

That game just showed how god damn good the man was at the peak of his game, drugs had nothing to do with it.

That game just showed how god damn good the man was at the peak of his game, drugs had nothing to do with it.
He is one of if not the best endurance runners the game has seen, so it's not as if that performance was without precedent.

Must be frustrating as an Adelaide supporter with those two prelims though. They were unlucky not to get a GF appearance in those years.

hopefully it's a proper doco with substance and not just some glorified pile of shit.
I don't hold out high hopes. If it's filmed the last 2 years, how 'shocking' could it be?

I bet half the younger posters on bigfooty could make a more interesting and debauched doco.

I'm interested in how he got away with taking drugs for so long.

He said in an interview recently that he spent most of his career on the gear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately noone will ever know what Cousins did at half time of the 2006 preliminary final. However, the way things have unfolded since, I have big suspicions. I remember vaguely our fittest player in the team, van Berlo labelling his second half 'superhuman'

Unfortunately noone will ever know what Cousins did at half time of the 2006 preliminary final. However, the way things have unfolded since, I have big suspicions. I remember vaguely our fittest player in the team, van Berlo labelling his second half 'superhuman'

Not sure why drugs had to be brought into his performance in that match.

Gary Ablett played awesomely last season...pretty superhuman some would say....his dad took drugs...Gary Ablett Jr. must have taken drugs to win the brownlow and the premiership :eek:

Dont know about that Grammy. If you saw his second half against the crows at Aami in 2005 or 2006 (cant remember which) prelim, you would have to wonder what he took at half time. He was outstanding in the first half, but 10 times as good in the second half. I still cant believe how hard he ran.
And how the hell would he get away with it at AAMI stadium, surrounded by officials, teamates, support staff, security and cameras.

Also what prey chance was this mystery substance.

You lost, don't be a tool about it.

Dude you guys need to give it a rest.

Adelaide was a great team in 05 and 06 but weren't good enough on that day.

It's nice to make excuses, but Cousins from his earliest days in the AFL was an outstanding endurance runner.

By 06 he had been in the system nearly 10 years and had performed similarly on a number of occasions.

You got burnt that day by one of the most consistent as well as consistently excellent footballers of that 10 year period.

It's nice to make excuses, but Cousins from his earliest days in the AFL was an outstanding endurance runner.

By 06 he had been in the system nearly 10 years and had performed similarly on a number of occasions.

You got burnt that day by one of the most consistent as well as consistently excellent footballers of that 10 year period.

Damn Straight. Also Aker should be careful. Remember the Michael Braun saga.

Once again, im not making accusations.. only suspicions. Something which of course is going to hover over that eagles premiership. Which is the consequences of turning a blind eye.

Damn Straight. Also Aker should be careful. Remember the Michael Braun saga.
Aker has never been careful about throwing stones, even without basis.

The Braun accusation simply stemmed from how hard he supposedly ran in a game, no evidence mind you. Problem was, whilst Braun was a fantastic gut runner there were better in the league at the time and probably substantially more now.

Once again, im not making accusations.. only suspicions. Something which of course is going to hover over that eagles premiership. Which is the consequences of turning a blind eye.
Not really mate.

You are adding 2+2 and getting 5.

I could air all sorts of unsubstantiated "suspicions" based on a couple of Adelaide players past behavior. Still wouldn't be even remotely rational.

Remove this Banner Ad

Such is Life: The Ben Cousins Story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back