apuchar

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Football Club
Haven't been on the board for a while so it may already be known, but rumour on Bigpond is that Suma will be announced as WC coach

Hope not. They can have Scott Burns. Suma's been great for us. If he can get our forwards to kick straight, we'll be a top two next year.
Yeah kinda hoped he would be our succession plan like Roos/Longmire. But I guess he will go for the earliest opportunity. I know he just signed a new deal with us but it probably has an out clause.

Yeah kinda hoped he would be our succession plan like Roos/Longmire. But I guess he will go for the earliest opportunity. I know he just signed a new deal with us but it probably has an out clause.
Yeah, clubs are supportive of assistant coaches applying for senior coaching roles. I'd be happy for Suma, been really don't wanna see him go, If he does go, I'd say lets replace him with Alan Richardson.

I hope we've put a good enough deal on the table to convince him to stick around, but if he wants the gig we can't really stand in his way.

The bigger concern right now is securing Stone and Kirk - Roos is sure to be sniffing around and probably has AFL money to help him poach.

I hope we've put a good enough deal on the table to convince him to stick around, but if he wants the gig we can't really stand in his way.

The bigger concern right now is securing Stone and Kirk - Roos is sure to be sniffing around and probably has AFL money to help him poach.

Very good point. Ross said it himself. Surround yourself with quality people and let them get on with it. We must retain at their services. I want Suma to stay but I can understand if he wants to move on if he gets the chance of a senior coaching position. I too thought he was our natural successor if/when Lyon leaves, which I hope is no time soon.

Unless its a hail mary for Clarkson, you would think Suma must be the favourite. I'd be more concerned that Stone would follow him.

Spot on with that. I don't want to lose Suma, but if that is all we lose then we've got to consider that a win. The fact is we're a very successful club now, and along with that mantle comes the poachers - it's just the way of things these days.

Interestingly enough, the loss to Hawks might have an unfortunate footnote in that if we had have won, the rumour is, Clarkson would have been more likely to leave and so more likely to go to WC and, ipso facto, almost certain, to hold on to Suma.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back