Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone got any info on the numbers at South Mildura's training last night?????

From what I saw (from a distance) there was probably around 15 blokes there. Training looked pretty light with a jog followed by skills work ...

Anyone from Irymple care to comment on Mick Dedini's situation? Last year I heard he was a cert to return to Irymple but from all reports on the Central Murray thread he is headed to Tyntynder ...

The Swallows must be able to afford offering a bit of coin, considering they've made decent offers to a few blokes from at least one other club in town ...

From what I saw (from a distance) there was probably around 15 blokes there. Training looked pretty light with a jog followed by skills work ...

Anyone from Irymple care to comment on Mick Dedini's situation? Last year I heard he was a cert to return to Irymple but from all reports on the Central Murray thread he is headed to Tyntynder ...

The Swallows must be able to afford offering a bit of coin, considering they've made decent offers to a few blokes from at least one other club in town ...

The talk here is that Nigel and Ash Dedini are 100% playing at Tyntynder. Mick is still in the negotiating phase with a couple of clubs. Tyntynder would be the favourites though, with Charlton apparantly in the mix also.

The talk here is that Nigel and Ash Dedini are 100% playing at Tyntynder. Mick is still in the negotiating phase with a couple of clubs. Tyntynder would be the favourites though, with Charlton apparantly in the mix also.

Has'nt Mick signed with Red Cliffs as they have offered him a job he couldn't say no too???:thumbsu:

According to the local paper Irymple start training tonight.
Was that a number of offers to players at the one club or a number of players at a number of clubs.

According to the local paper Irymple start training tonight.
Was that a number of offers to players at the one club or a number of players at a number of clubs.

Just a couple of players at the one club that I know about. Could be more. Apparently Congress trained at Irymple tonight. Jason Eagle will be staying put from what I've heard ...

Heard a couple of good ones today boys from a fairly reliable sauce.
(You know who you are, and feel free to claim these)
Cashed up Woorinen have raided some young Tiger talent and a former
high profile SFL recruit may return to the league at a new club.
Also a bit of mail that the under-rated David Hall may want out
of Demonland.

Just a couple of players at the one club that I know about. Could be more. Apparently Congress trained at Irymple tonight. Jason Eagle will be staying put from what I've heard ...

Anyone confirm Illario Cavallo (merbein) was at Irymple training last night?

Does anyone know where Heafa James is these days? Lost track of the lad after he was chopped by the swans.

of Demonland.

Yeah, I know some Woora boys and this is true! They are young too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

of Demonland.

I heard woorinen were here on sunday and signed 3 Tigers including wethers, stephens but I forgot the third. They have a budget of $130,000 and are ringing any player in sunraysia who are unhappy with their current club.
This high profile recruit will be the one Irymple are offering a very large contract to. This shows how the point system in this league is not working.

Why wouldn't it be working. Any club is limited in its recruiting, it can't dash out and grab all the players it wants. Irymple would have the points to play with despite winning the flag. Even so they would have to look at their recruiting very carefully. If they have the points and have the cash they can do as they wish.However three local players or others with a high point rating would take them close to the limit.

Why wouldn't it be working. Any club is limited in its recruiting, it can't dash out and grab all the players it wants. Irymple would have the points to play with despite winning the flag. Even so they would have to look at their recruiting very carefully. If they have the points and have the cash they can do as they wish.However three local players or others with a high point rating would take them close to the limit.

The points system would work if it was modified, their needs to be alot of changes to be affective.

For example if your a fringe player at a club and you want to improve your chances at senior football at another club you shouldn't be worth max points. A club won't give players like this a chance. Merbein could do with these type of players to re build their club but the points system doen't allow them.

Similar with kids under 20 who want to continue to play football with their mates at other clubs. If kids cant play where they want, we will lose them to other sports.

Also if you lose players you should gain points so you can replace them.

Our points should be for each game ie CMFL instead of a set season total. This way you can play the fridge players who come to you if on that day you have the points available.

How would like it if you moved to this area and you wanted to play football with a cousin or mate but be told you can only play reserves?

Some good points there Malleboy.
Perhaps some credit points for players lost to other league clubs especially juniors that have been developed by the club. Although these points could then be used to recruit a player from another SFL club.
But the basic idea behind the points system was to prevent clubs going down that familiar path where you spend a fortune on importing players to win a flag only to fall in a shattered heap in future years You then struggle to attract recruits and the whole club suffers.
There's one club in the SFL that has the formula right for bloody years and unless you wear their colours you hate them (respect their efforts, but hate them never the less)

I heard woorinen were here on sunday and signed 3 Tigers including wethers, stephens but I forgot the third. They have a budget of $130,000 and are ringing any player in sunraysia who are unhappy with their current club.
This high profile recruit will be the one Irymple are offering a very large contract to. This shows how the point system in this league is not working.

I hear Brad Eaton is letting Tierney(Woorinen's Coach) know who he should call. Smart thinking buy making the opposition clubs weaker around him.
How is every one going with their footy grounds, we have been told no1 is not to be trained on while the water restrictions are on. Why dont the council get of their fat arses and put our water on between midnight and 4? No1 was a disgrace this year and the way things are going no games will be played their next year.

The Swallows must be able to afford offering a bit of coin, considering they've made decent offers to a few blokes from at least one other club in town ...[/quote]

Offers or rumors Santoz?? Dont take in all that you hear mate plenty of lies are told in this area. ie Bickley to the Dees in 05 ha ha.

And to my knowledge the swallows havent offered big bucks to any player. Stage 2 of the social room improvements will be comencing soon so our cash is a little tied up at the moment.

Offers or rumors Santoz?? Dont take in all that you hear mate plenty of lies are told in this area. ie Bickley to the Dees in 05 ha ha.

And to my knowledge the swallows havent offered big bucks to any player. Stage 2 of the social room improvements will be comencing soon so our cash is a little tied up at the moment.

No, after you told me Mark Bickley was coming to the Demons, I promptly removed you as a reliable source!

Well these players told me that your mob made them an offer to play with them in 07, I also never said Irymple offered big bucks to either of them. You misunderstood my meaning of the word decent.

i know 100% that Brad Congress and Illario Cavallo where both at Irymple training on thrusday night. also heard eagle is staying but the D train has left for a melb club

And to my knowledge the swallows havent offered big bucks to any player. Stage 2 of the social room improvements will be comencing soon so our cash is a little tied up at the moment.[/quote]

Are you building a chill room for your players to come down in?:D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back