Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will probably take merbein 10 years to get over their current slump. To do that will take a lot of work by the current committee and subsequent committees. Unless they come into a lot of cash and are willing to buy another flag or two and then the cycle will start again.
To do it in ten will require a lot of work on their juniors, perhaps thats where the cash should go.
My sisters kids live in Mildura and went to a mildura primary school and yet are required to go to secondary school in merbein with a lot of other Mildura kids. These kids should provide merbein with a supply of players if they can convince them to play for the Pies. No clearance concerns just make Merbein J.F.C. more attractive,

100% correct Hill: But it just isnt that easy they need to find some really good people quick to get the club up and running again.The problem with the school kids are is as you said they still live in Mildura!! They may go to school out there but the parents are still based in Mildura and therefore thats where you will find most of the kids Still playing.

This is the tough question are the Flags worth it??? Would you rather have played for Merbein from 2000 and taken a pounding for a couple of years and have 2 P/Ship photos hanging up at home. Or played for Mildura/ Sth or even R/Vale wouldent have copped as many thumpings but you wouldent have the flags either. What do you guys choose???????

Dont get me wrong the future doesnt look great too me out there but it wasnt that great in 2000 and they picked up 2 flags so anything could happen.

If Flags = Sucsess then i would say that since 2000 they are the 2nd most sucsessful club in the SFL. They dont have 1 they have 2 P/Ships some1 must have done sumfin right. And im sure the community would have been happy.

100% correct Hill: But it just isnt that easy they need to find some really good people quick to get the club up and running again.The problem with the school kids are is as you said they still live in Mildura!! They may go to school out there but the parents are still based in Mildura and therefore thats where you will find most of the kids Still playing.

This is the tough question are the Flags worth it??? Would you rather have played for Merbein from 2000 and taken a pounding for a couple of years and have 2 P/Ship photos hanging up at home. Or played for Mildura/ Sth or even R/Vale wouldent have copped as many thumpings but you wouldent have the flags either. What do you guys choose???????

Dont get me wrong the future doesnt look great too me out there but it wasnt that great in 2000 and they picked up 2 flags so anything could happen.

If Flags = Sucsess then i would say that since 2000 they are the 2nd most sucsessful club in the SFL. They dont have 1 they have 2 P/Ships some1 must have done sumfin right. And im sure the community would have been happy.
No brainer Delray, give me 2 flags any day of the week, you of all people should know that by what the swallows have gone through and the success they had this year...

No brainer Delray, give me 2 flags any day of the week, you of all people should know that by what the swallows have gone through and the success they had this year...

That was an amazing feeling and i didnt even play!! So i couldnt even begin to imagine how the players would have felt. And i suppose your right you can always forget the drubbings but you will never forget the Flags!!

That maybe the reason why some people are so critical of Merbein. They may have never tasted true sucess themselves.:rolleyes:

It mighten be great to come last but if you dont come first who really gives a f...k. Not a great saying but how true??? I know i remember 2005 but i would like to forget it.:eek:

I don't know a lot about the Sunrasia comp so could someone give a rough estimate on payments for say a top 5 player within a club and high paying clubs' budgets. I understand this will vary from club to club but as a matter of interest to compare with some of the crazy figures getting thrown about by CMFL clubs. I read Woorinen have been going hard at your blokes & we all know about Balranald.

I don't know a lot about the Sunrasia comp so could someone give a rough estimate on payments for say a top 5 player within a club and high paying clubs' budgets. I understand this will vary from club to club but as a matter of interest to compare with some of the crazy figures getting thrown about by CMFL clubs. I read Woorinen have been going hard at your blokes & we all know about Balranald.

I would say $350 - $400 would be good money for a good player. Some clubs may pay around $50K including coach not real sure though what would balranald be paying?

What would they be on then? there would be players that would get more than this but not many.

Eagle is on that sort of money. Eaton would be on more at a guess. Apparently Irymple offered Dedini this amount but were blown out of the running by a certain CMFL side (can't remember which, not Balranald). Apparently they offered double this amount. Does that answer your question Bobby?

Eagle is on that sort of money. Eaton would be on more at a guess. Apparently Irymple offered Dedini this amount but were blown out of the running by a certain CMFL side (can't remember which, not Balranald). Apparently they offered double this amount. Does that answer your question Bobby?

It was Woorineen,Todd Beasy. Great bloke, great teammate. HaHa, he is one of the biggest ****************s i have ever meet, ********er??????????

It was Woorineen,Todd Beasy. Great bloke, great teammate. HaHa, he is one of the biggest c o c k h e ad s i have ever meet, what a genuine heck wit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody hell thats how much duds get paid down here (cmfl). As for Balranald about 3 or 4 times that but most teams would be way over that amount.

Paying big money runs in a cycle. While the CMFL can afford it at present it wont be long and it will dry up, the players chase coin somehere else and the standard never really improves.

Could CMFL sides match it with GVFL or O&M as the dollars you are talking about equate to these leagues and I would suggest some highly paid players in the CMFL would not make it in these leagues.

Paying big money runs in a cycle. While the CMFL can afford it at present it wont be long and it will dry up, the players chase coin somehere else and the standard never really improves.

Could CMFL sides match it with GVFL or O&M as the dollars you are talking about equate to these leagues and I would suggest some highly paid players in the CMFL would not make it in these leagues.

Alot of players on $200 or $300 wouldn't but most players who would be getting over $300 would make it easily.
Players on $500 hundred in the GRFL can hardly make it in the CMFL and that's half the reason CMFL clubs have to pay such big money for players; so really it's just a reaction to keep players from going down the road to that league that has driven the price up here.

Great call gasman. We all know the drought is killing country footy but if nothing else what it might do is bring down prices if some leagues shut up shop. More good players looking for a game and you can't pay them all top dollar. Let's hope it doesn't get to that but something has to give, it's just madness down here. Rewarding mediocre players like kings just boosts their pockets and already substantial egos.

Alvey and Gathercole suffered serious leg injuries last season. Their impact could be limited.

On one leg they would both be better than anyone else in this league. Class footballers and hopefully they will be running around this year

yes, and where would Imps be without paying all their players?;)

They Wouldnt have had Shane Ganer thats for sure he was on top $$$. Imps may not pay out as much accross the board but they do still pay out it just seems as though they have been alot smarter then all the other clubs to this point.

But any1 who thinks they dont pay out are kidding themselves.

They Wouldnt have had Shane Ganer thats for sure he was on top $$$. Imps may not pay out as much accross the board but they do still pay out it just seems as though they have been alot smarter then all the other clubs to this point.

But any1 who thinks they dont pay out are kidding themselves.

Of coarse we pay players, Atkinson dosen't play for peanuts but we are lucky, our locals play for premierships and not money.

How is Irymple's recruiting going? not much talk from you guys on who you have picked up.

We have a couple of handy big men, Mildura has recruited anything with two legs and south seems to be doing well.

What about other teams, has anyone picked up any guns?

Of coarse we pay players, Atkinson dosen't play for peanuts but we are lucky, our locals play for premierships and not money.

How is Irymple's recruiting going? not much talk from you guys on who you have picked up.

We have a couple of handy big men, Mildura has recruited anything with two legs and south seems to be doing well.

What about other teams, has anyone picked up any guns?

Mildura have recruited 3 players including the new coach. Hardly a spree.

Mildura have recruited 3 players including the new coach. Hardly a spree.

Did I touch a nerve? You guys need more than 3 players to be a premierhip side this year so I would expect more to be signed.

Apart from O'Bree who are the other 2?

Have you heard of any other recruits coming into this league that has been kept quite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back