Sunraysia Football league

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am currious on people thoughts on the pros and cons of buying a premiership.
And im asking this on the assumption on merbein doing just that.
If a bus load of players do turn up in round one. Then what happens to the players that were trying their guts out while we were shit. The senior players of last season become seconds players and the seconds players become supporters. I spose that yes you get a premiership out of it. But at what costs. If everyone knows that its a bought flag, then i cant see to much respect being won over it. I feel for the guys in the twos who are going to miss out when they kept the team on the field

is that the same butcher thats son left robinvale to play in mildura?:cool:

prob thought the t-bones were shit!!!!!!! and irymples tasted better! little stumpy pork chop of a man!:D[/quote]

I think you will find the son of the butcher left for work reasons.I guarentee Robinvale Quality meats T Bones are better than anything you can buy In Mildura .Maybe the Butcher was not coocking them to Donnys liking.The latest news is that Woorineen is still in the running with the Woorineen Godfathers making a late$$$$ charge.
PS Some of the Eagle boys reckon the Quality of the BBQ cooking went down hill when Big Strawb left .:):)

I think you will find the son of the butcher left for work reasons.I guarentee Robinvale Quality meats T Bones are better than anything you can buy In Mildura .Maybe the Butcher was not coocking them to Donnys liking.The latest news is that Woorineen is still in the running with the Woorineen Godfathers making a late$$$$ charge.
PS Some of the Eagle boys reckon the Quality of the BBQ cooking went down hill when Big Strawb left .:):)[/quote]

Very very intresting knife well we will soon know weather it is a financial issue. Woorineens offer would be far bigger then the swallows. Intresting to see how it pans out.

Valid point, if you look at sth mildura and merbein they bothbought a premiership and in doing so self destructed shortly after

i am currious on people thoughts on the pros and cons of buying a premiership.
And im asking this on the assumption on merbein doing just that.
If a bus load of players do turn up in round one. Then what happens to the players that were trying their guts out while we were shit. The senior players of last season become seconds players and the seconds players become supporters. I spose that yes you get a premiership out of it. But at what costs. If everyone knows that its a bought flag, then i cant see to much respect being won over it. I feel for the guys in the twos who are going to miss out when they kept the team on the field

Interesting to read Godsofrichmond asking about clubs buying premierships. People who are part of footy clubs, including players, supporters and sponsors all want what is best for the footy club. It happens in every league, but the one thing people at footy clubs want is success!
If you are talking directly about Merbein there is still a long time before Round 1. Clearances haven't even opened yet and there is heaps of crap talked about this time of year. Merbein obviously weren't up to scratch last year. The players that are good enough to play senior football, will still play senior football. Unfortunately they didn't have enough of these "senior" players last year, which is why they finished down the bottom. I have the utmost respect for those players that stick around in tough and unsuccessful times, but I still believe if the incoming players mix with the locals and do their part to help the club, those players from last year will still enjoy the successes that may come too!
I agree that buying a flag comes with it's problems, especially if they spend beyond there means, but my guess is, they probably have a bit of cash saved up. I think it's better for the league as a whole if all the clubs are at least competitive.
At the minute, the Millewa is the most boring footy to watch as the gap between top and bottom is too great, would be worse if the SFL was like that. Then there would be less supporters, sponsors or incoming money to "buy" quality players.

Aussie, for the sake of the Merbein FC would you stop with the consistant dribble and personal slander. There are a lot of people working hard to bring success back to the club on the field and build respect back in the footy community. The crap that you say on the site does nothing to supprot these people. when you can base your comments on fact then speak up, otherwise tone it down a bit.

Sorry wayne, missed it before. Wenty 2001? Probably. Won 21 of 22 including the night series and the game we lost was by 3 points with a late goal kicked by Irymple with about 1 second left. The side had no real gaps. Mildura 07 may have obtained a similar record with a mid season run of luck with injury. On consistency and record it would be 01. Playing personnel pretty close.

I spoke to Jacko about a fortnight ago. Is he heading to Rumbalara? Big loss to Wenty.

Rumbalara? is that in Shepparton? thats where he's off to. big loss for the roo's but some of the younger players should step up and become consistent senior players. eg Zac McGlynn, Matt Cameron, James Watt. Tom Lipetri has the ability to become one of the elite onballers in the comp.

Aussie, for the sake of the Merbein FC would you stop with the consistant dribble and personal slander. There are a lot of people working hard to bring success back to the club on the field and build respect back in the footy community. The crap that you say on the site does nothing to supprot these people. when you can base your comments on fact then speak up, otherwise tone it down a bit.

For the sake of the MERVein F.C, my son has yet to be spoken to, along with a number of others who played senior footy last year. They are by no means superstars of the competition, but they do warrant respect. So i pose the question, is Mervein ( the community club ) more concerned about Mervs army, or their local stock?

For the sake of the MERVein F.C, my son has yet to be spoken to, along with a number of others who played senior footy last year. They are by no means superstars of the competition, but they do warrant respect. So i pose the question, is Mervein ( the community club ) more concerned about Mervs army, or their local stock?

This sounds familiar.
Are Merbein on the way to a brief glimmer of success (and I don't mean a flag) and then another few years in the wilderness. While the locals look elsewhere in the SFL or Millewa.

I have heard on the Grapevine that SFL is going to drop the Reserves for the year and just run U/18's & seniors. In an attempt to reduce the pressure on the grounds (and not just because reserves players are generally heavier). Has anyone else heard of this or similar?

I have heard on the Grapevine that SFL is going to drop the Reserves for the year and just run U/18's & seniors. In an attempt to reduce the pressure on the grounds (and not just because reserves players are generally heavier). Has anyone else heard of this or similar?

Well i hope that doesnt happen that would be alot worse for the league then people may think. I reckon the SFL Reserves hasnt been of to bad a standard and alot of kids have had and extra season or two to develop.

Well that would ruin my weekend anyway the SFL agm is tonight so i suppose a little more will be known then.

Well i hope that doesnt happen that would be alot worse for the league then people may think. I reckon the SFL Reserves hasnt been of to bad a standard and alot of kids have had and extra season or two to develop.

Well that would ruin my weekend anyway the SFL agm is tonight so i suppose a little more will be known then.

It would not be a good thing, but if the water situation stays as bad as it is then this is some thing they may have to look at.

Would do wonders for numbers in the MFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

your grapevine?? very unlikely.

sounds very like the Balranald footy club also. they are still losing local players after the way Merve convinced the committee buying his troop of players would benefit the club. and how did he do this convinced the man with the $$$ mr.campbell who is now the major funds supplier to the Merbein FC

Does anyone know some of the outcomes from the AGM last night? I heard that clubs have been told by council, they won't be able to train on the ovals during the year. Is there any truth to this:confused:

Does anyone know some of the outcomes from the AGM last night? I heard that clubs have been told by council, they won't be able to train on the ovals during the year. Is there any truth to this:confused:

I can help out a little hear Chalk,

yep the agm went fairly well last night but there are still plenty of unknowns.

Pre season comp - no rain no comp. But no decision has been made yet.

At this stage council beleive they can get either 4 or 5 ovals right for training and football. providing we share. ie no club will have exclusive rights to any ground and training maybe limited to an hour so that more then 1 club can train on any night.

They are hopping that the season will start on time but more will be known in a fortnight when the council get back to the league with what ovals have been given the go ahead.

June 30 2008 will be a massive day as new restrictions could be enforced if so then the season will have to shortend and massive changes will have to be made.

whatever happens the 2008 season will be hard for every1 to manage unless it pisses rain for a couple of weeks. And there is no easy solution so we will just have to wait and see how it all pans out.

There will be football in 2007 just how many games no 1 is exactly sure as yet.

Training will be very restricted, but training on ovals will be allowed for a certain period of time and probably once a week. The biggest headache will be where games will be played, as not all grounds will be available. A shortened season is definately on the way!

shit! no footy in 2008! that will stop merve neagle's team! better have some rain real quick! might be nothing left of merbeinfc the way they are recruiiting!!!!!!!

just hope the locals will find something else to do as Merbein will be a big import team! :thumbsu:

PLEASE GOD SOME RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shit! no footy in 2008! that will stop merve neagle's team! better have some rain real quick! might be nothing left of merbeinfc the way they are recruiiting!!!!!!!

just hope the locals will find something else to do as Merbein will be a big import team! :thumbsu:

PLEASE GOD SOME RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are a tool

Re:sorry to big footy

i am sorry fella's just hangin the dick! i am all for merbein i am a supporter and also i am for the struggling clubs, eg south mildura , redcliffs and robinvale! so let's just have fun and hope we all get rain so that there can be a shit load footy played next year!

cheers! and i won't crap on so much!

SUPPORTER OF STRUGGLING TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsu::D

any truth that, after months of telling everyone around town that he was playing for imps next year, that sonny lindsey has signed with south?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back