Sunrise: Nauseatingly 'Nice' TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched it for the first time in ages a week ago and cudnt believe the change, too lovey dovey now and they talk about absolute crap which isnt interesting to anyone alive.

Today is worse though, they make me feel down and upset, there too miserable. I think morning TV needs to take on a similiar feel to morning radio, be silly, discuss news as well in the same show without having a agenda.

bass_drum said:
Sunrise does exactly what it sets out to do, and it does it very well.
I don’t really agree, I think it did work very well a while ago. I think they have pushed the formula way too far. I think it has become way, way too polished and overanalysed. All the rough edges have been smoothed over.

It’s too American, in time I don’t think it will wash with Australian audiences. I think they will realise how hypocritical and condescending the show has become.

If Today wasn’t such a basket case I think it would already be in ratings trouble.

Just waiting till the Jessica Rowe and Peter Overton show to rolls into town.

weevil said:
I don’t really agree, I think it did work very well a while ago. I think they have pushed the formula way too far. I think it has become way, way too polished and overanalysed. All the rough edges have been smoothed over.

It’s too American, in time I don’t think it will wash with Australian audiences. I think they will realise how hypocritical and condescending the show has become.

If Today wasn’t such a basket case I think it would already be in ratings trouble.

Just waiting till the Jessica Rowe and Peter Overton show to rolls into town.

Your not serious... :eek: Can you imagine it. Itd be endless teary eyed anecdotes from 'Bones' Rowe about her mentally ill mother and name dropping from Overton about how he used to play doctors and nurses with 'Our Nic'. No thanks. Id rather masturbate with a rusty pair of wire snips.

If your gonna have a married couple whats wrong with Peter Fitzsimons and Lisa Wilkinson? Werent they up for the Today gig at one point? Fitzy is a legend.

UNIT said:
Your not serious... :eek: Can you imagine it. Itd be endless teary eyed anecdotes from 'Bones' Rowe about her mentally ill mother and name dropping from Overton about how he used to play doctors and nurses with 'Our Nic'. No thanks. Id rather masturbate with a rusty pair of wire snips.

If your gonna have a married couple whats wrong with Peter Fitzsimons and Lisa Wilkinson? Werent they up for the Today gig at one point? Fitzy is a legend.

Fitzy ok, but who can stand that bitch of a wife though? There's one woman Australia doesn't need on daytime television. I guess that's why I started hating Sunrise so much.

UNIT said:

The JR & PO Today thing has been the hot rumour for a while now.

weevil said:

You mean those same Australian audiences that make Dancing With The Stars the biggest show on TV week in week out?

I think you overestimate people in this country.

saw a snippet of the Today show this morning. A lame attempt at comedy when mr sydney karl s said their camera crew were hard working.....then a camera shot of the studio was shown and the cameramen were looking bored and uninterested. fake laughs were heard.

bass_drum said:
You mean those same Australian audiences that make Dancing With The Stars the biggest show on TV week in week out?

I think you overestimate people in this country.
:eek: Oh god no, believe me I don’t.

DWTS is just flat out mindless entertainment and has no other pretensions. Sunrise has agendas left right and center.

the worst thing about Sunrise is without a doubt "Kochy", when he always craps on about his private life- his very unintersting sounding family, he pretends that he knows heaps about Sports, but he doesnt, the way he speaks to some guests, he tries to be funny, but worst of all he tries to represent the rest of Australia, thinking that we all love Delta Goodrem at one stage it was Nicki Webster and that we actually give a crap about C Grade star Bec Cartwright and Lleyton Hewit

Kochy will, I suspect, turn into Dave Sullivan in about 5 years time. Ever heard the ads that Paul Cronin does for radio, with that fake little laugh?

Anyone who needs to dumb-down their name with a 'y' or 'o' tacked on the end is in serious need of psychiatric help.

FFS man, call yourself "David" and regain your dignity. :(

Clark Kent said:
Kochy will, I suspect, turn into Dave Sullivan in about 5 years time. Ever heard the ads that Paul Cronin does for radio, with that fake little laugh?

Anyone who needs to dumb-down their name with a 'y' or 'o' tacked on the end is in serious need of psychiatric help.

Have you noticed how the guy who does 'Weekend Sunrise' (Chris Reason) has suddenly become 'Reaso' on all ads and references to it during Sunrise. And Mark Beretta is 'Berrets'. Its such a transparent, cynical and fake attempt to convince the viewer that these people are your 'mates'. Just dont make the mistake of thinking its an accident that Koch is now Kochy and Reason is now Reaso and Berretta is Berrets. Im sure they have someone trying to come up with one for Grant 'I was a weatherman before Steve Jacobs, so dont say im the token short guy' Denyer, as we speak.

Don't understand how you can find the time to watch breakfast TV in the mornings, I've got just enough time to make myself pretty before I get to work, and if you all can't stand Sunrise, how about turning on the radio, 3AW or the ABC cover the news of the morning well, and no crap.

This show is Channel Seven at its absolute finest. Smarmy, amateurish bulltish dressed up as entertainment. Non-stop promotion of their concerts on Friday morning drives me insane. It is just a stinker of a show. They were talking last week about whether service stations should let you use their toilet, if you don't buy petrol. Talk about the big issues??

What about the big guns of politics? Looks like some guy with too many Whoppers under his belt versus Poindexter to me. What annoying crap television can channel 7 come up with next? Maybe they'll go after Steve Price to combat Channel 9's usage of Alan Jones?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are all pathetic, it's breakfast TV for god's sake. Sunrise is a far superior show to the Today Show. And why is that, Ratings my friends. People want to see that sort of stuff in the morning, the "mate" stuff, because after all we Australian.

Showbag said:
This show is Channel Seven at its absolute finest. Smarmy, amateurish bulltish dressed up as entertainment. Non-stop promotion of their concerts on Friday morning drives me insane. It is just a stinker of a show. They were talking last week about whether service stations should let you use their toilet, if you don't buy petrol. Talk about the big issues??

What about the big guns of politics? Looks like some guy with too many Whoppers under his belt versus Poindexter to me. What annoying crap television can channel 7 come up with next? Maybe they'll go after Steve Price to combat Channel 9's usage of Alan Jones?

Im sure Steve Price has a weekly slot on Sunrise where he goes toe to toe with Lisa Wilkinson doesnt he?

Clark Kent said:
Anyone who needs to dumb-down their name with a 'y' or 'o' tacked on the end is in serious need of psychiatric help.(
Tell that to some posters here.Though i dont think Froddy works well.

Ljp86 said:
You are all pathetic, it's breakfast TV for god's sake. Sunrise is a far superior show to the Today Show. And why is that, Ratings my friends. People want to see that sort of stuff in the morning, the "mate" stuff, because after all we Australian.

No Pooky, people predominantly dont want to see some Jewish accountant masqueraduing as a 'tv personality', and a blonde haired baby making factory, trying to act as if all the problems of this world can be fixed with a hug and a 'good news story'.

UNIT said:
No Pooky, people predominantly dont want to see some Jewish accountant masqueraduing as a 'tv personality', and a blonde haired baby making factory, trying to act as if all the problems of this world can be fixed with a hug and a 'good news story'.
But they want to listen to a half-wiited entertainment report[Wilkins] and a airhead[MacKinnon] make fools of 'emselves?

UNIT said:

Yes, they do. That's why Sunrise is murdering Today in the ratings.

Clark Kent said:

Yes that's a bugbear of mine too, all this nicknamey bulls**t.
You'd never've heard Brian Henderson or Roger Climpson or other such dignified announcers calling themselves Climps or Hendo.
Dumbing down the standards to put out the false representation that these TV-personalities or our "mates" and that we know them so well as to be on first name basis with them. Absolute tosh.

Ljp86 said:
Yes, they do. That's why Sunrise is murdering Today in the ratings.

Who watches it? That's what I want to know. Never watched morning TV in my life. Apparently 'Good Morning America' is some huge staple of life over here, but I've never even seen it. Morning TV is completely overrated. I'd much rather sleep.

Todays show I have to say was "the straw that broke the camels back" – I have tried for the last few months to stay loyal to sunrise (after converting a long time ago) – but todays show was just stupid, the worst for me was that – “life like a fat person” segment – it was the dumbest thing I have ever seen, along with the “serious” Mel and Koshie at the end it was laughable. They need to replace Mel and Kochie with The guy from sport and the chick from the news – others wise I am going to have to start forcing my self to watch the Today show or just listen to the radio

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunrise: Nauseatingly 'Nice' TV.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back