AFLW Suns AFLW Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

I know she's still just 20 years old but Charlie Rowbottom already has 20 AFLW games under her belt and looks like she's put on a fair bit of muscle to (hopefully) become that inside midfield bull. Are we expecting a big game from Charlie today? Could be a huge season for her if she gets off to a good start in this game.

Last edited:
I know she's still just 20 years old but Charlie Rowbottom already has 20 AFLW games under her belt and looks like she's put on a fair bit of muscle to (hopefully) become that inside midfield bull. Are we expecting a big game from Charlie today? Could be a huge season for her if she gets off to a good start in this game.
Rowbottom the only one really turning up to play. Few girls need to help her out.

And they had one good quarter, which is also a familiar trait. Shame they couldn’t get over in the end, but those scoring shots will hurt.

Poor game from girls. Only one game but I was afraid after poor pre-season practice. Carlton are probably bottom 4.

I don't see really any progress. Yeah, a lot of similarities with boys, still bombing forward, struggle to spread, convert. We did look stronger by the end of quarters.

If we continue like that we could have a female Dimma by the end of season :)

I don't follow the AFLW-I have enough disappointment in my life but I chuckled at "midfield bull"
Midfield cow won't cut it but there might be a better term for the girls:D

Poor game from girls. Only one game but I was afraid after poor pre-season practice. Carlton are probably bottom 4.

I don't see really any progress. Yeah, a lot of similarities with boys, still bombing forward, struggle to spread, convert. We did look stronger by the end of quarters.

If we continue like that we could have a female Dimma by the end of season :)

I’m not sold on the coach. His game plan still sucks like it did last year I can see why players left after 1 year of him

And Fiona Sessarago needs to go she’s holding this team back

I’m not sold on the coach. His game plan still sucks like it did last year I can see why players left after 1 year of him

And Fiona Sessarago needs to go she’s holding this team back
Yeah, it could be time for a change. Let's see how the season pans out but the first game was disappointing.

Carlton looks to me like bloody ordinary team and they started game by dominating Suns in the middle and being better in contest. Clearances were like 6:1. Ahrens made some horrible mistakes early and Carlton scored easily. We adjusted but with score board pressure we started to bomb it and it went downhill.

We did come back as we looked much better to run out the game so maybe there is a hope. Midfield in last quarter started to gel and get on top.

Debutant Davies looked completely out of it. On a positive note, Irish girl McLaughlin was impressive in debut.

I suspect we are no closer to top teams than last year and will get spanked by them again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Girls absolutely dominant today. Forwards popping off.

Whitfort is a gun.

McLaughlin looks good when she gets to bounce and kick. Certainly has something. Hopefully she gets more accustomed to the game as the season goes on.

Im biased, but I feel like Claudia Whitfort does not get the plaudits she deserves around the league. On an absolute tear to start the season.

Her and Charlie is a deadly 1-2 punch in the middle.
Whitfort is great, Charlie is a contested bull. I would add today Single playing in the middle, great in contest and adds speed.

Last edited:
Im biased, but I feel like Claudia Whitfort does not get the plaudits she deserves around the league. On an absolute tear to start the season.
I think it’s because Rowbottom gets all the hype (and deservedly, she is very good).

Kinda like Anderson and Rowell, with the media taking a while to jump on the Anderson train but now they are well on it.

She keeps playing like this and media will have to talk about her more.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW Suns AFLW Season 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Back