AFLW SUNS AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Lucky to avoid a trip to WA or SA. Three games in Victoria, one game in NSW, one in the ACT. My only gripe is the Wednesday twilight game vs Hawthorn in Frankston. It is going to be very hard to get to for any average joe that works 9-5 especially with the game being in Frankston.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leadership group

Tara Bohanna will lead the side as captain for a third season and will be deputised by vice-captain Jac Dupuy for a second consecutive campaign.

Bohanna and Dupuy both played all 11 matches of the SUNS’ record 2023 campaign, leading by example and combining for 28 goals in a dynamic partnership inside forward 50.

Bohanna and Dupuy will be supported by defending Club Champion Claudia Whitfort and a pair of newcomers into the leadership group in Season Seven Club Champion Charlie Rowbottom and Season Seven Players’ Player Georgia Clayden.

This is my thinking too. They might just decide it’s time for the next chapter.
The thing is though, that their manager is Mat Rogers who played both NRL and represented the Wallabies. I think he was incredibly influential in them choosing Rugby over the Suns and he could perhaps direct them towards NRLW given his involvement in the sport.

The thing is though, that their manager is Mat Rogers who played both NRL and represented the Wallabies. I think he was incredibly influential in them choosing Rugby over the Suns and he could perhaps direct them towards NRLW given his involvement in the sport.
Yeah I feel like i've had this discussion before with them fobbing us off to go to the NRLW if they happen to be done with Rugby.

They also just lost to Canada at rugby so maybe they should have stuck with us ;)

Yeah I feel like i've had this discussion before with them fobbing us off to go to the NRLW if they happen to be done with Rugby.

They also just lost to Canada at rugby so maybe they should have stuck with us ;)
And Maddi played so well and is a global star. All hell would break loose if she left Sevens.. it would be a major global story

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW SUNS AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back