AFLW SUNS AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, the amount of players she incorrectly called and had to correct herself. What a shambles šŸ˜‚
Could be worse, She could have called us the Red team.

or the Gold campaigners as we've been done before.

but yes. shes garbage. doesn't help when the girls can't get a win. Digs the knife in just a bit more.

Maybe this is what we need? Making finals last year put a bandaid over our problems. List decisions by Fiona Sessarago have been shocking not just last season but previous years. Maybe it is time for fresh eyes and for Fiona Sessarago and Cam Joyce to depart.

Maybe this is what we need? Making finals last year put a bandaid over our problems. List decisions by Fiona Sessarago have been shocking not just last season but previous years. Maybe it is time for fresh eyes and for Fiona Sessarago and Cam Joyce to depart.
Could not agree more. Sessarago needs to be moved on (only been saying it for 2 yearā€™s now) and Joyce too. The list should be way better than what it is this season.
Make a woman the Coach too.

Last edited:
Could not agree more. Sessarago needs to be moved on (only been saying it for 2 yearā€™s now) and Joyce too. The list should be way better than what it is this season.
Make a woman the Coach too.
While I agree with your last point on principle Bods. Ideally would be great to have a women's Head Coach.

But we should be hiring the best human for the job.

While I agree with your last point on principle Bods. Ideally would be great to have a women's Head Coach.

But we should be hiring the best human for the job.
I totally understand having Joyce this season again after sneaking into the 8 last year but it looks like we might be one year late on getting Daisy Pearce.

Anyway thereā€™s a big watch now on this team.

And while Iā€™m at it

I hereby declare next weeks game v GWS in Canberra as the girls MINI GF for this season.

They been watching the AFL team.
Get on top around the ground, plenty of disposals, get enough inside 50's, but don't create enough quality opportinites and don't kick enough goals.
Should have been over with 5 minutes to go.

Is Daisy Darcy our most effective player? Think so.
Missing Saad in defence. Wilson and Lynch look like they should be good but, so far, are not.

Yikes

Gold Coast SUNS key defender Vivien Saad will be sidelined for the remainder of the 2024 AFLW season after sustaining a ruptured achilles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lauren Bella is the worst most dominant player Iā€™ve seen. Always get first touch but hits to opposition 95% of the time
Just like Witts then! Tall and dominant, but largely ineffective.

But yeah. As always, canā€™t fault the effort of the team, but the execution is lacking. Dā€™arcy is the only player I trust to hit a target. And going forward is reminiscent of the menā€™s team.

Wonā€™t be able to watch the second half, so hopefully girls pull it together. Season is done if this is a loss.

A draw is not a win. They celebrated like it was. What poor standards. It was a very disappointing result given the GWS injuries and the way we had on our terms.
This is a poor season. Sesseyaro and Joyce should be held accountable. Not good enough.

With MINI GF not secured they should go into development mode now. Season done and dusted.

Give the youngsters especially any from the academy on the list all a crack next week.

GWS is down three players on the bench. If we can't get close to getting over the line here, serious questions need to be asked...
Iā€™m with you. That draw papers over the cracks which is the protected species that is Sesseyaro and the poor coaching especially today of Joyce.

We should have ran over them. Iā€™m starting to wonder whether Joyce coaches the girls to be penalised for holding the ball. All those dumb decisions surely canā€™t be a coincidence.

Sesseyaro and Joyce out.

I caught the last few minutes.

All that forward half dominance and we couldnā€™t even get a behind when scores were level. GWS get it forward and an unlucky free costs a goal to put them ahead.

We were lucky to get the draw. But that was a fair shotā€”and after the siren to boot. Iā€™d be celebrating that afterwards. Nothing wrong with it.

Also. Rowbottom is a genuine freak. 42 disposals and 14 clearances is insane. She basically got the same touches as the next two best players combined, and the same clearances as the next three clearances getters combined. Wow.

Davies our most dangerous key forward.
Given that, not sure we can keep playing both Bohanna and Dupay. In the past their contested marking and shots on goal have made them dangerous but neither are dangerous atm.

Bottom line: suspect we played out of our skin last year, especially in terms of scoring goals and Whitfort playing like a genuine A grade mid with a great kick. This year, Whitfort down a level or two and the goals are not coming.

Davies our most dangerous key forward.
Given that, not sure we can keep playing both Bohanna and Dupay. In the past their contested marking and shots on goal have made them dangerous but neither are dangerous atm.

Bottom line: suspect we played out of our skin last year, especially in terms of scoring goals and Whitfort playing like a genuine A grade mid with a great kick. This year, Whitfort down a level or two and the goals are not coming.
I felt last year already that Bohanna should retire.

Effort was there. Hard contested footy. Definitely watchable for me.

Oppositions still score against us way too easily. Early GWS went twice inside 50, 2 goals. It put us on chasing path.

We struggle to convert, inside 50 entries similar to boys.

I do like some new players like Kievit, both Irish girls.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW SUNS AFLW Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back