Superb win to St Kilda. Superb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Superb win to St.Kilda. Superb.

Wow, you still sound bitter as hell about last years grand final.

Don't worry mate. Your side of handbaggers will get to choke against a completely different team this year and you'll have a whole new bunch of supporters to target next year on BigFooty! :D :D :D :D :D

Your sig and increased use of :D:D:D:D show just how much you are hurting inside. Heck, the fact that you felt the need to come into this thread and troll us established that from that start.

Listen kiddo, you wont be able stop us this year. The Saints and Cats have an exciting September ahead. Your season is over, and although the draft picks are slim this year, the Ashes is about to start....and thats some sport TV even a Hawthorn supporter can enjoy. :)

michael%20jackson%20gif.gif

What hurts more is they obviously have our measure but cant stop us now.

They're like Patrick Swayze in Ghost...oh wait...Patrick Swayze before he found out he could move things. ;):D

We're playing them in 3 weeks time so we won't have to wait long to see how much measure they have of us now. I'm predicting a 10 goal flogging to settle the dispuste once and for all. :thumbsu: ;)

hello above peoples.

Can the hawkers and cats fans stop arguing amongst themselves cos we read this alllllll summer.

From a sainter to put an end to it: Hawkers - sorry but you're rubbish this year, probably will not make the finals and to be frank don't deserve to and ya need to deal wiv it and remember there's always 2010.
Catters - I think SJ made a massive difference to your side today. However I would like to think when we meet next kingy will be back in the ruck alongside gardi and things will even themselves out there.

Well, we won that one against the cats and we also had a good tough game without niggle, words or violence.
Two excellent sides and I look forward to meeting the cats again whenever that may be..............

We're playing them in 3 weeks time so we won't have to wait long to see how much measure they have of us now. I'm predicting a 10 goal flogging to settle the dispuste once and for all. :thumbsu: ;)

Pfft. That game doesnt even matter any more. :thumbsu:

What an epic game. I was at the 2004 Prelim against Port at Footy Park and that was the best game I had seen live. This may have just matched it. It is definitely the best game of the year.

My mates were saying that the Saints had it sewn up when we went up by 4 goals in the last quarter but I knew the Cats would fight back like a champion. We just had to try and weather it and fight against it.

Shows that the gameplan will stand up to anything and the players believe in themselves at any point in the game.

Oh and the discards are really standing up for us this year. Cougar, Ray and now Gardiner repaying the faith in them.

Well done to the Saints your pressure was enormous and deserved the win.Proud of our boys for coming back after poor start and making the game an epic.

In my perfect world Geelong is unbeatable and will coast to a flag.

In my second to perfect world, Geelong is fighting for a flag with two other contenders, the Saints and the Dogs. There's nothing in the world I want more than for the Cats to make up for last year, but to see the Saints play the brand of footy they are is exciting.

My dad's a Saints supporter so there's always been a soft spot there for them, and it works the other way too.

A good rivalry has been built up between these two clubs over the past 6 years, and when I say good I feel it's based on mutual respect rather than pure hatred like a Carlton or Collingwood rivalry.

For years the three clubs, Cats, Saints and Dogs, have struggled to make an impact and have a shot at a flag. We have ours, and we'd like to have another, but to see the Dogs and the saints having a crack is heart warming.

If it's not us (and I truly and emotionally hope it is), I won't be too disappointed if you guys have the cup at the end of the year.

Good luck (but not too much) and here's to a healthy rivalry continuing for many years to come.

Congratulations St.Kilda, I was at the game today, and it was truly thrilling to see such an epic game with the crowd roaring in the final two minutes when the scores were level.

Great work this season. :thumbsu:

tell me about it, i was watching this game on my Home Cinema and i was screaming at the screen! the crown was amazing, god i wish i was there!. The BEST game i have ever witnessed in my life, Cmon Sainters

I'm still completely drained from those last 10 minutes or so. The noise was incredible. Some of it coming from me I suspect...

So often super-hyped games do not live up their billing that it's easy to become a little jaded- being at a game like that really restores one's faith.

However, I would ask that there be a few more medics around next time we meet- I'm surely not alone in worrying about heart failure.

I'm still completely drained from those last 10 minutes or so. The noise was incredible. Some of it coming from me I suspect...

So often super-hyped games do not live up their billing that it's easy to become a little jaded- being at a game like that really restores one's faith.

However, I would ask that there be a few more medics around next time we meet- I'm surely not alone in worrying about heart failure.

Am I right in saying I saw ambulance lights flashing just inside one of the tunnels at the end of the first quarter? Maybe a Saint supporter overawed by the display at the start there.

I ran a half marathon last Sunday brothers and I was more exhausted after watching today's game than after running 21k.

Superb atmosphere and I'm so glad to have been part of a wonderful game of AFL football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a wonderful game!!
Well done Sainters.

Just shows that this IS the greatest game in the world.
(It's just that the world is soooo slow to catch on)

Awesome to have 2 powerhouses going into the Finals.
The other 14 teams....."Down tools now".

There are limelight players who are stars who grab all the media time....then there's Gilbert.
Balanced, never stops, thinks in traffic, backs himself, honest, backs up his teammates........Gilbert is a STAR!!

Cheers Sainters :thumbsu:

Hope you grab Number 2 now. You deserve it with this team.

Am I right in saying I saw ambulance lights flashing just inside one of the tunnels at the end of the first quarter? Maybe a Saint supporter overawed by the display at the start there.
Ripper I'd say they were there for one of yours ;)

I ran a half marathon last Sunday brothers and I was more exhausted after watching today's game than after running 21k.

Superb atmosphere and I'm so glad to have been part of a wonderful game of AFL football.

I know exactly what you mean brother. Taken me hours to come down from the absolute buzz of the game. A massive feeling of relief too - not just the win but that this game is done & now we can just prepare for the rest of the season.

Going off Facebook, apparently someone did die in the crowd. Don't quote me on that, though.

And yes. Amazing game. I'm actually exhausted from screaming my heart out, and also mentally exhausted from watching the tug-o-war in the last quarter. Brilliant from both sides, couldn't have asked for anything better.

Going off Facebook, apparently someone did die in the crowd. Don't quote me on that, though.

And yes. Amazing game. I'm actually exhausted from screaming my heart out, and also mentally exhausted from watching the tug-o-war in the last quarter. Brilliant from both sides, couldn't have asked for anything better.

oh damn, thats really sad news.

Bubblegoose Snr actually was in hospital Friday/Saturday with nasty chest pains - since discharged, but he had to listen from home today as the game would have been too much of a strain being there.

Hey Guys,

Congrats on the win. Savour it while it lasts :p

Also, if you are a Saints supporter who sat in Aisle 12, Row J (right on the wing) on the third level who was screaming out all match.... I hope you never go to the Football again.

Odds are he lives in a commision housing estate and cant afford the internet, but I just want to make sure incase he reads it... you are a fool.

Hope to see you in September! Lets hope our next game is as half as good as this one!

That was the best game of footy I have ever seen, and I am very willing to bet, will ever see. The hype was incredible, but it was more then matched by the game. Bravo to both sides.

AND GO YOU MIGHTY UNDEFEATED SAINTERS!!!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Superb win to St Kilda. Superb.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back