SuperCoach Vent and Regrets 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting rid of Newman at $250k after he got dropped is my biggest regret. Got in a bottomed-out Kade Simpson for him and he's only averaged 2 points more per year than Hello Newman.

Traded out Taranto ($250k) for Aaron Black ($137k) in Round 6 only to turf Black four rounds later for a measly 60k profit. Waste of two trades.

My rookie picks in general have been pretty ordinary. Jumping on guys like Fox and Cousins for their tasty $102k prices only for them to not get games and barely rise.

Cousins will get a few later in the year...hopefully enough for one last 1 up 1 down

My two biggest trading regrets has been:
1. Traded in Jelwood for in round 13 after his bye, though he was well rested and ready for 2nd half of the season. What a mistake!
2. Fallen for the Pittard trap - thought I'll play the byes smartly and get him for to play all bye rounds. Traded him in RD10 and trade him out in RD13. I think he'd missed one or two; and the games he played was a lowish score. Never again!​

Traded Ward to Jelwood after his 60 against Richmond. Since i traded him out he's averaged 110 in his last 5 and Jelwood got injured and is bleeding cash

Easily sloane what ****in piece of shit he is. Havent got a single ton out of him in 5 games. CD blew his trumpet with his mega scores and sucked a fair few in.

Using my very last trade on beams last week is annoying considering he is back already as well, but happy to have zerrett in my team until he does a hammy in the first 5 mins today just to twist the knife.

Trading in Rockpig after saying last year never again

Bringing Aaron Black into my team even though I knew it was fool's gold after his first 2 games. He is a deadset spud.

Trading out Marchbank before round 5. Went way too early on him.

Trading in Heath Shaw after round 10 thinking he will come good. It is never going to happen. The game has past him by.

Oh dear theres a few.

Black in then Black to TJ Lynch the week before Lynch started spudding it.

Choosing JJK over Heeney then the same week i do that trade JJK gets injured.

Trade lloyd in just before his concussion then everyone gets him cheaper.

Most of my rookies other than greenwood hannan and barrett were fails-parsons black cousins jstewart scharenberg havent got much out of.

I would trade Roughead to Macrae instead of Riewoldt.

I have avoided old Nick in a few fantasy formats for years because I am always convinced the moment I hold him is the moment his career slows down. I broke down and decided I was only being irrational. Lo and behold, he turns to shit. I ended up waiting until after the byes to bring in Macrae, but what a waste.

I would trade for Dusty instead of Sloane.

I as 50/50 on it and Dusty was cheaper, too, I believe, but I am not a smart man. Sloane has ruined my season - or, I ruined my season but I prefer not to think about it like that.

I would trade for Yeo instead of JJK. Kennedy got injured two weeks later and I was forced to sideways to Yeo anyway. ****.

I am questionable on Pendlebury. Think if given the chance I would sit on Beams for those two or three weeks.

Shaw is the other one. Would go for Hibberd in hindsight. Especially because Shaw was like Riewoldt for me, somebody I always avoided but thought, "I'll take the chance now, why not." So **** me.

If given the chance too, I would have started Oliver over O'Meara and saved a trade there.

Ffs. Seriously. Where to start? Do I pick up a cheap Kelly or do I pick Treloar. ****en Treloar. This idiot couldn't hit the side of a barn with a Bull's nuts within swinging distance. I've seen Storm troopers more accurate, Stormtroopers! Then you have these campaigners who average 100 until you select them and then they suddenly score **** all. Take that sheepdog Heppell for example. This ponce averages 130...I bring him and he sits back more than Tommy Lee does in his famous video. Forget your hair and get the ****ing pill!

Then you have those fork in the road moments. Wallis is averaging a hundred or do I take the risk on Walters who is after all, coached by Ross the Boss. Of course I go Wallis and there is no wonder why they named a ****ing cinema chain after him! Then there are the burners. You resist them at first..."oh that Adams he's not much chop" before you pay overs and burn trades to bring the schlong in and he scores less than Andy ****ing Otten. And of course the pea in arse regularly racks up 150 when your idiot Brother in law has him and you're being sensible with Marchbank.

SUperCoach, eat a ****ing big bag of dicks.

With trades light on the ground at this stage of the year I was thinking that I would like 1-2 up my sleave so was thinking where I could have saved a trade or if one was totally wasted.
So no rants or regrets here, just plain mistakes. By sharing these may help prevent the same things happening in thr future
On looking back I have a few.
Rd 5 Mountford to Fiorini.
Thought he was a good option on the bubble to sit at m8 for a few weeks and build some cash. A couple of stinkers and he was traded out in rd 7 for Parsons and a 17k profit.
Really want that trade back.

Rd 13 Burton to Strnadica
I needed to get Nank back to fwds after moving him into ruck bench for sandi in rd12, so had always planned to bring in a ruck dpp, but at the time I was considering Darcy. No dpp scared me off, but if he got a game a little earlier he would have been in and a potential trade saved and greater options opened up. Also trading out Burton hurt!

Apart from that I would change timing on a few trades but happier than most years!
Please share!
Why are you do calm, let it out braz its OK

Why are you do calm, let it out braz its OK
The aim of the thread was to look at if calmly. It wasnt for venting, more for seeing what trades people made that in the end were a waste, A la JM's famous Rough in out In trades.
Was hoping it would be a thread where we could learn from our mistakes and those of others so that we can all get better at the game.
Was disappointed it got merged as I felt it served a different purpose. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went Fyfe to Gawn. Lmao.

From my current team..

I regret starting with Rance, Treloar, Fyfe, Greene and Steele

I regret trading in Adams, ZJones, Lloyd, Pendles, Cousins, Gawn, Nankervis and Lynch

From my current team..

I regret trading in Adams, ZJones, Lloyd, Pendles, Cousins, Gawn, Nankervis and Lynch

I did Otten > Jones > Lloyd. Then I brought JJ in for Stewart. :drunk:

On the plus side all the defenders this year have had at least one bad patch. Adams is in one, Roberton is in one. Laird just got out of one. Williams is ded. Shaw is ded. JJ is ded.

Except for the chosen one of course.

And I guess Hurley has been pretty reasonable. But hardly anyone has him lol.

From my current team..

I think with most of these guys its a bit of when and for who. Greene on field is still in top 6 fwds and steele and fyfe were cheap for their early returns. Treloar has been a mixed bag but dissapointing and Rance always puts in a few stinkers but tigers setup has hurt him a bit scoring wise.Cant really complain about them as part ot your starting team.

The trade in though you depends on when you brought them in. If a top dollar then bad if cheap as chips then not so bad. Nank still top 8 fwds , adams same in def and he and pendles have to deal with Buckleys chance. Lloyd would not have been picked up by most if his price didnt drop and he has been solid since his ko considering. Cant knock a 102k rookie and z jones has little chance on consistancy given his age and role changes and Gawn will get better as he gain match fitness.
All to negative man. You could have dobe worse!

Traded in Cripps last week. No trades left and he's gone for the season.

SC 17 can GAGF. I'm done.

One word, same as every week. Docherty.
Had a chance 3 weeks ago but went to that weird unit Roberton instead. Was only 80K extra for Doch back then. It's since cost me 162 points, 500 odd places and there's now 200K difference between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back