SuperCoach Vent and Regrets 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked good at the time. WHE has gone on longer than expected and sps has fizzeled out. Pity Balic didnt keep going and Buddy, well he is up and down but is not the worst pick.

What would you have done different? Which players? Held them longer?
Should have held them longer, didn't really need to trade, rushed

Trading spencer in.
Trading Dahl out, only to bring him back a month later.
It wasn't so bad when I was ranked 20k, now that I'm at the 2k mark it stings.
This only gets worse with Dahl stinking it up. I made a comment a few weeks back suggesting that Dahl might struggle to be top 6 fwds by end of season. Tonight shows why.

Rockliff after the bye.

Could have had anyone from that Rd11 bye. Hindsight says Zorko/Cripps would have been baller but I get sucked in every ****ing year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prioritizing Ryder over Dusty in rd 10 (too much focus on B/E). Ryder not terrible, but Dusty has been on fire.
Bringing in Jelwood. Not his fault, but the headknock ****ed me in league games, then he missed last week and every man and his dog will grab him for loose change soon, negating any low ownership advantage on the run home I might have had. Complete disaster, irredeemable.

Probably Sandilands to Rockliff back in Round 12; I paid nearly $600k for an average of about 75.

Great thread. Only issue is that it says "If I could get A trade back". I have a lot more than just one.
1. Billings to Higgins in round 2. Billings starts with two stinkers so traded him out before his price dropped. From memory Higgins played round 3 and then missed a week. Billings has been pretty much the best forward in the game the last six weeks.
2. Trading in swallow for O'meara. Swallow hasn't been terrible, and I still have him on the pine, but should have gone a rookie instead and used the cash elsewhere.
3. Trading out Newman at $260k when he wasn't getting a game. Pretty sure I wasn't the only one though.
4. Traded in Rockliff, put the VC on him, he scored 148 and a minute before the end of the game he did his shoulder. Rocky out again the next week

These next three really hurt.
5. Traded in Zac Williams for a 60, a 49 and two weeks on the sideline.
6. Traded in Jelwood for a 74, a 2 and a week on the sideline. (was a choice between him and Dusty)
7. Got Bont because, well, everyone has him anyway. Thought he would come good. Nope. (Was a choice between him and Whitfield).

Numbers 5 and 6 above are what have really killed my season. Those two trades alone have probably cost me 500 points compared to other options I had at the time, and the main reason why I've dropped from 46th two weeks ago to just inside the top 300 now.

Feels very therapeutic to get that off my chest.. :)

Easy - round 13 picked Gaz over Doch for a final upgrade thinking a bit of a pod would be good. Numbers stacked up on averages and $ and at that point gaz had only missed the one china game. Cost me hundreds of points...

And traded hannan in - then tight it was a mistake so then traded him out the round he got his first big score.

And scooter - cost me trading out spp - should have held.

The last goes on, not to mention the 50 50 choices before round 1 - think i lost in all of those!

Great thread. Only issue is that it says "If I could get A trade back". I have a lot more than just one.
1. Billings to Higgins in round 2. Billings starts with two stinkers so traded him out before his price dropped. From memory Higgins played round 3 and then missed a week. Billings has been pretty much the best forward in the game the last six weeks.
2. Trading in swallow for O'meara. Swallow hasn't been terrible, and I still have him on the pine, but should have gone a rookie instead and used the cash elsewhere.
3. Trading out Newman at $260k when he wasn't getting a game. Pretty sure I wasn't the only one though.
4. Traded in Rockliff, put the VC on him, he scored 148 and a minute before the end of the game he did his shoulder. Rocky out again the next week

These next three really hurt.
5. Traded in Zac Williams for a 60, a 49 and two weeks on the sideline.
6. Traded in Jelwood for a 74, a 2 and a week on the sideline. (was a choice between him and Dusty)
7. Got Bont because, well, everyone has him anyway. Thought he would come good. Nope. (Was a choice between him and Whitfield).

Numbers 5 and 6 above are what have really killed my season. Those two trades alone have probably cost me 500 points compared to other options I had at the time, and the main reason why I've dropped from 46th two weeks ago to just inside the top 300 now.

Feels very therapeutic to get that off my chest.. :)
This is why I created this thread! Cheap therapy.:p
Considering your position for most this season you are right in that by removing 2-3 of these mistakes would have kept you close to the pointy end and in line for the prize.
Thanks for sharing.:thumbsu:

Easy - round 13 picked Gaz over Doch for a final upgrade thinking a bit of a pod would be good. Numbers stacked up on averages and $ and at that point gaz had only missed the one china game. Cost me hundreds of points...

And traded hannan in - then tight it was a mistake so then traded him out the round he got his first big score.

And scooter - cost me trading out spp - should have held.

The last goes on, not to mention the 50 50 choices before round 1 - think i lost in all of those!
I think the before rd 1 50/50 choices is another thread altogeather!

Forgetting to trade Sandi to Kreuzer when he was cheap. Avg 135+ since I missed it and Sandi gave me 12.

I seriosuly considered driving my car off a bridge.

I regret Tuohy. He's given me nothing and is a really junk player. I have Shaw on the bench so that's saying something.

Getting rid of Newman at $250k after he got dropped is my biggest regret. Got in a bottomed-out Kade Simpson for him and he's only averaged 2 points more per year than Hello Newman.

Traded out Taranto ($250k) for Aaron Black ($137k) in Round 6 only to turf Black four rounds later for a measly 60k profit. Waste of two trades.

My rookie picks in general have been pretty ordinary. Jumping on guys like Fox and Cousins for their tasty $102k prices only for them to not get games and barely rise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back