Sure signs someone doesn't know anything about footy

Remove this Banner Ad

When they abuse a senior defender for leaving his opponent to bail out a young teammate who was totally out of position, only for them to suffer a bad bounce and then their original opponent gets over the top and kicks a goal.

"THAT WAS YOUR MAN ADCOCK!!!!"

*that Gabba cringe*

'lowering the interchange cap, which was a good idea in the first place needs to be lowered further'
'ross lyon is overrated'
they're impressed when a player dribbles a goal from acute angle
stat freaks - 'gary ablett leads league in clangers. he just butchers the ball'
'Corey Enright is something less than an all time great'
'jack is the best riewoldt. check the coleman standings'

It can't be as simple as it has ever been, for 120 years the rule was never discussed, now the coaches, media, members and supporters are consistantly asking what the hell is going on with the HTB rule? Clearly it is not as simple as you think.

Agreed, dont think the answer is to severely tighten prior opportunity though. Just give the public and umpires a number of steps as an estimate to go with instead of leaving it 100% to the subjectiveness of each umpire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The friends we go to the footy with every fortnight have a guy behind them who has been a Freo member for 16 years but constantly asks our friends who the players are.

The friends we go to the footy with every fortnight have a guy behind them who has been a Freo member for 16 years but constantly asks our friends who the players are.

Also the types that ask "is *player who retired 4 years ago* injured or something?"

Some old chook at the Gabba looked devastated when I broke the news to her earlier this year that Jamie Charman retired in 2011.

This...

I am just going down the park to play some AFL with my kids.
Yeah, but that is very clever positioning by the AFL.

Google = web search
Kleenex = tissues
Breville = sandwich maker
AFL = Aussie Rules football

Also the types that ask "is *player who retired 4 years ago* injured or something?"

Some old chook at the Gabba looked devastated when I broke the news to her earlier this year that Jamie Charman retired in 2011.

Oh, she would be incredibly sad, I had a person ask me earlier this year if Byron Schammer was still on our list, hasn't been on it for a while now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure signs someone doesn't know anything about footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back