FTA-TV Survivor 41

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually I may have missed it - how does the shot in the dark actually work?
Do they all draw from the same bag? So it's dependent on when you go up to vote?
Actually it's still a 1 in 6 chance.

Good point. I guess that the producers are assuming that there wouldn't be a vote where everyone feels so unsafe as to need to roll the dice. I wonder if they'd make them all vote/roll the dice again if that happened?
If everyone rolled the dice I'd start by only people who came up safe by getting to revote (and only for someone not safe). If no one was safe then I guess you'd have to just have everyone revote and no one get to roll the dice on revote OR you have to all roll the dice again until at least one is safe and then only safe people revote. All pretty complicated but odds of it happening are pretty small.

Sweat’s probably the smarter option for the tribe, but you wouldn’t want to be stuck doing it, at a massive disadvantage socially
I wondered if you could move the barrels down to the water and fill them up there. Makes it a whole lot easier and (unless I missed it) they didn't say you couldn't do that.

Agreed, it wouldn't be too hard. Just a lot more room for error than the water I guess.

View attachment 1244387
I had a go at it and found it was actually harder than I first thought. Didn't think to time it but probably took me 15-20 minutes (lots of second guessing yourself as lots of triangles that aren't immediately obvious). I had the advantage of being able to write down some notes (they would need to have a leader or two who get others to note some numbers for later adding). I can just imagine a tribe being quite divided over it unless their teamwork if very good. If you take the role of leader and get it wrong you'd be putting yourself seriously on the chopping block.

I'm interested in others having a go and see if you agree with my answer in spoiler below

All those trips with the buckets water for one night of fire. Unlucky
At least they got to keep their machette and bucket though.

Also traditionally there were tribes who couldn't start a fire and only got fire when they came to tribal - via their torches when they left, so losing flint possibly not as much a penalty as first seems.

I had a go at it and found it was actually harder than I first thought. Didn't think to time it but probably took me 15-20 minutes (lots of second guessing yourself as lots of triangles that aren't immediately obvious). I had the advantage of being able to write down some notes (they would need to have a leader or two who get others to note some numbers for later adding). I can just imagine a tribe being quite divided over it unless their teamwork if very good. If you take the role of leader and get it wrong you'd be putting yourself seriously on the chopping block.

I'm interested in others having a go and see if you agree with my answer in spoiler below

- I really like that there are extra penalties for losing immunity challenge such that it will hopefully remove any thoughts of people throwing challenges to vote out someone they don't like.
- interesting to see if the tribe that voted out Abraham get burnt physically in challenges for their decision. Doubly so if they go to tribal and double down on it (get rid of more physical strength). Would potentially force a tribe swap if numbers get lopsided though.
- Interesting contrast in strategies between Xander and JD selling what happened with their decision (after leaving on boat) when they both made same decision. Good reading by JD tribemates or overcomplicated sales pitch by JD in his lies?
- Love how players adapted so quickly to the roll the dice option - Shan and Ricard really bluffed Sarah well to stop her rolling. More of this and it's lots of blindsides and even less reason to trust. Really benefits people like Shan who collect information well.
- Naseer looked to me like he will be the odd one out just from how he was standing apart from the group right at the start on the big boat. He then had his chance to form a group of 4 when he saw the 2 idol hunting instead of doing the sweat challenge but failed to get the other 3 to see for themselves so it backfired badly on him when the 2 successfully finished and it probably appears he was trying to throw them under the bus.

If one of the women had taken offence to "guys", I believe that makes a compelling case for changing it. But is it for a man to take offence? (I'm assuming their gender identity here.)

I think Jeff was always going to get rid of it and was probably hoping someone would speak up on the boat.

Wouldn't be surprised if producers talked Ricard into bringing up just before the Immunity challenge.

They got exposed for the poor handling of the sexual harassment from a couple of seasons ago and since then you could argue Probst has over corrected.

I don’t mind it, long overdue, society has shifted and Survivor has to catch up.

Not surprised either with the talk to camera and expected it. Knowing what Fiji eventually went through with Covid this year, it ended up for them being a privilege to film on the Island.
Ok let’s play now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not as excited as others with the cast but I think the season has potential , as long as they don't over do it with the twists.

Favourite so far is the Mafia Pastor.

The odd evil song thing was magical, can’t wait to see more of it if she hangs around for a bit.

I love how over time words evolve to mean different things ie gay & queer, 2 words that have taken on different definitions over the last qtr century probably more but according to Ricard the word guys still means a group of not just men but white men, what a tosser.

The show seemed rushed and I am glad others thought Probst was weird as well.
I am not sure what the hardcore US fans thought of it but I am not sure it will survive much beyond season 43 or 44 in this format unless it rated its socks off, I will stick with it but yeah it fells like I am losing a friend for no other reason than our lives are just going in different directions.

On a side note the one thing the US version does so much better than ours is getting the cast members in front of the camera so by the end of episode one you feel like you already know pretty much who they all are.

Does that Brad dude look like a poor mans Ric Flair?

I love how over time words evolve to mean different things ie gay & queer, 2 words that have taken on different definitions over the last qtr century probably more but according to Ricard the word guys still means a group of not just men but white men, what a tosser.

The show seemed rushed and I am glad others thought Probst was weird as well.
I am not sure what the hardcore US fans thought of it but I am not sure it will survive much beyond season 43 or 44 in this format unless it rated its socks off, I will stick with it but yeah it fells like I am losing a friend for no other reason than our lives are just going in different directions.

On a side note the one thing the US version does so much better than ours is getting the cast members in front of the camera so by the end of episode one you feel like you already know pretty much who they all are.

Does that Brad dude look like a poor mans Ric Flair?
Just on the side note, its funny that US survivor put up biographies of the contestants like the Australian version does. I am pretty sure they copied that off us but they got it right in that it was no more than 30 seconds to a minute.

Good first episode and I thought that the casting was pretty good.

Agree with others that the "guys" thing was overplayed and unnecessary.

So far, liked the look of Shan and Xander as players.

Just on the side note, its funny that US survivor put up biographies of the contestants like the Australian version does. I am pretty sure they copied that off us but they got it right in that it was no more than 30 seconds to a minute.

Yes that is the first time they have done that which I reckon is a direct copy of our version.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Survivor 41

Remove this Banner Ad

Back