Off-topic Survivor: Cockburn. Banter and gossip thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Jury Question:
(FWIW)
How long did both of you spend on your actual entries each week?
And how long did you spend on the alliances and deals each week?
Which was harder?

Good one sainter. I've noticed you have been following the thread, thanks for all the likes mate

Thanks so much for all the hard work you put into your posts in the comp. I got a lot of lols from it all. I thought your jury address was really interesting too; thanks for sharing so much. It kinda stuns me that everyone puts so much effort into winning a silly little comp on the internet... that sounds a lot like something I would do, lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****n ouch! Did you get the green whistle?

Nah I wasn't going insane enough. The most annoying thing was that I got really hungry. AND I had to crawl into the shower this morning cos I can't stand on it

Nah I wasn't going insane enough. The most annoying thing was that I got really hungry. AND I had to crawl into the shower this morning cos I can't stand on it
Speedy recovery.

No green whistle. That's stuffed. :( You should have played it up more - that whistle is awesome.

giphy.gif

Ruh roh. My lightsaber skills are sub-par. :eek:

Imagine if people listened to me and voted off Benwah when I said so :$.

Well, I wouldn't have voted her off if she didn't PM me what she did :$
You would have most likely voted for her anyway.

JURY ADDRESS

Oi Benwah83, we did it. Top 2 without even trying!

*reads Benwah's Jury Address*

Whoa.... You sneaky bugger!

In response to TootToot!

**** no man what is wrong with you.

In response to Duritz

Duritz you were the competitor who threatened me the most, by a long margin. You're a fierce player and I respected your relentless effort. You were pretty close to your goal, too. We all freaked out at one point when we thought we simply didn't have the numbers.

My favourite question from the jury. I'm going to answer it in my final address as it sums up my experience of the comp.

In response to boydshow

Hell no.

I'm amazed actually. With the information you were privy to in the PMs, I'm amazed you have got it that wrong. Yes, there were one or two rounds that I was crazily busy with work and couldn't put the energy in to a few rounds. half of you know I wanted to quit at one stage but Starburns_ didn't pull the trigger and I simply didn't get voted off.

I found my second wind. If you look back, I think I won 2 of the last 4 or 5 challenges including a very vital one for our alliance (the Boomer banner) to put the numbers back in our favour. And if anyone from our alliance was riding on coattails, it was you. The reality of the game, and your role in particular, was summed up by Morganashlee a while back. I can't find the post but she was right, you were just number for our side and you would eventually get voted out at some point.

The only secretive thing I did away from the original alliance that was set up by Royals and Kangaroos4eva was a pact with Benwah to make top 2. And even then, as Benwah has stated, we didn't actually do much in the way of 'tactics'.

The biggest contribution apart from the strength of my entries that got me into the top 2, was the unselfish act by Red mist to bow out last round as he was burnt out.

So sorry man, but you've got it completely wrong and ******* hell you made me post serious shit.

View attachment 219433

In repsonse to Dinsdale

Because I'm sticking to my guns. I flipped that goose over for a reason. I believe in something.

In response to Stronzo

Again with the meta-physical brainmelt.

I think for one to put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp one has to imagine oneself as the ram in the rama lama ding dong.

This poses some problems, however, because it takes a certain level of intelligence and self-awareness to achieve this state of being. And there is evidence of smarter people more prone to mental illness and depression.

So is it a risk worth taking?

Once you put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop, are you going to happy with the rest of your life knowing that you can put the dip in the dip da dip da dip?

In response to K4E

Wayne Carey - Italy

Italy needs a womaniser. You can't get votes in an election if you aren't prepared to have a bikini clad entourage and at least 3 mistresses. Italians are quite concerned about the huge hole that their country's economy is in, but flash 'em a nice set of **** and they are putty in your hands.

In response to Red mist

The gracious one.

Essendon 12 easily. Why is Watts a spud? He just is. At least the dons have something to pin their situation on.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JoseMourinho

My elias is lmaoing at your attempt to be better than someone at something. Thanks for the rankings, I enjoyed them

A Cut Above

Doss

Cooksen

I think both would go in equally as soft, but Murphy would hit the ground harder.

Morganashlee

I think your question was answered in my answer to Boydshow. I did decline an offer from Duritz to switch alliances.

sainter3and7

The longest time I spent on a challenge was 3 hours - the first two videos. The second one probably took more time actually. The other stuff, I just went along with whatever I was told. Wasn't really interested. Thanks for following the whole thing.

Allikat

No matter what you think happened, there's so much crap out there, that it is now always going to be a conspiracy. I believe it certainly wasn't as simple as terrorists ******* shit up.

Packedlunch

Who are you.gif?

FINAL THOUGHTS

What a fun couple of months. I've enjoyed all the lols and drama! It was way more work than I expected, but having said that I would do it again. Safe to say I wasn't the only one who got burnt out at different stages. Tbh I'm kinda shit at 'footy jokes' but glad I could make everyone laugh at times.

Let me remove my Kim Jong Un mask for a sec.

When the comp started, I was fresh from moving from Melbourne to Sydney. I left Melbourne with my tail between my legs for various reasons. Overall I was not a happy chappy. The move was needed and now things are great and my life kinda mirrored the comp.

I;m not sure what happened after round one, but for whatever reason I had a huge creative surge and that's what resulted in the first video getting done and the sustained effort over the whole comp.

This comp forced me to be creative and it also let me be creative in the other areas of my life. I have rediscovered my love for music and I am putting in the hard yards at my work rather than just going through the motions. And i ******* deleted Tinder that piece of shit.

Yes, it's just a forum game, but it genuinely had that effect on me.

Now, going back to Duritz question. For me, right now, that is what life is about. The type of energy that breeds inspiration and creativity leads to happiness and fulfilment. It might come in short bursts, but when it happens, we become driven to achieve something, or try something for the first time, or reach out to someone. In doing those things, you become happy with who you are and that is the meaning of life. We are pretty simple beings in the scheme of things. One person alone is not going to discover the secrets of the universe, so I think life is best lived within the limits of your own person. Be sure to aim for those limits, though. So now that the comp is over, and I have this zest for things that I hadn't had in a while, I'm looking forward to putting that energy into other things.

lol.

Oh yeah, I was meant to talk about why I should win this thing.

Jury, it'd be nice to win because I would like to brag to people about it. Imagine the headlines?

North Korean idiot dethrones king of the Bay.
But either way Benwah and I are pretty happy we did what we set out to do. If he wins, he's going to invite me over to hold and stroke the trophy while discussing what lol-threads we can post next.

Thanks again Starbs for running it, thanks to the OG alliance, thanks to the opposition for making me want to do better than you.

DJ
That post is as deep as the hole Adele (the real one) rolls around in.

No love for fool i see!

Fine I'll go make my own dictatorship... with hookers and blackjack!

In fact forget about the dictatorship

I knew I'd forget someone!

Remove this Banner Ad

Off-topic Survivor: Cockburn. Banter and gossip thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back