Off-topic Survivor: Cockburn. Banter and gossip thread

Remove this Banner Ad

:( 3rd and 4th...no love...

sent by shoe phone using tapatoe
No absolutely you get lovins too, it was a great series and gave many lols..it's great to see the best of peoples creativity at work.
Kudos to Starburns_ for the challenges and the format..the best comp on BF.

:( 3rd and 4th...no love...

sent by shoe phone using tapatoe
Here ya go mate. :D

participation-award-300x271.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So do we vote for whom we want to win, or boot off this time?
<snip>
This will be followed by the members of the jury PMing me their vote for who they think should win, by the end of the process, we will have a winner.
<snip>

tough choice, both very worthy.

Thanks everyone btw, it has been fun.

Fell on my sword to save you boydshow

You must feel really guilty now.

Yeah :oops: You did tell me that one already though

I just couldn't think of a way to tell you you were being targeted to ask Benwah for his idol, without Benwah finding out someone told you, and when he probably wouldn't have even wanted to give it to you anyway

If I knew you had the hidden idol, the whole game would have changed

You killed royals Benwah83;), tbh it was between you and Bosk for the mole, thus the dripping of different information. After that, we had no idea whether you changed sides with the emergence of teams (hazard was a tricky one, I at the time thought he was playing off both sides) you played the game well, both you and dapper deserve the win.

I gave you the heads up on Benwah after what Hazard told me, but I still think we played it well by not confronting him about it, just pretending we didn't know and allowing him to continue in our alliance without thinking we were a threat to vote him out for what he did

I don't know whether you counted on Fyfie revealing the number of votes each person received, it made it really obvious there was a leak, especially in the Haduken vote. Morgs really helped you out though, she told Haduken that Bosk was the leak and got Bosk voted out, which gave you the opportunity to be loyal after that and appear to always have been loyal

I knew someone was talking to Hazard though after the Bosk vote. I saw "I'm sort of curious to see whether he keeps posting his lists in the Survivor thread after he's voted out :D" but not who said it. After the Chappy vote I knew it was you. You're right, Hazard really turned things there, not only did he save me but he gave you up. I talked it over with K4E, but we kept it to ourselves. The decision was proven to be the right one, you were an absolute animal with challenges later in the game and it's likely Duritz or Stronzo would have won if we hadn't kept you around

It would have been interesting if Hazard united the 3 of us and we turned the Hazard/Toot vote split into 2 Cotchin members, kept Hazard around for longer, then tried to knock off the other alliance members later in the game

Whether we can still claim you as a member of a successful K4E alliance or not, it's clear you outplayed the rest of us

jeepers, I think tin-foil hat companies all around the world just pricked up their ears!

Having read both jury responses, I still don't think I have.

I know you were busy at work and wanted to quit, I was the one most actively trying to convince you to stay. I know you found a second wind and got back into it, and won a challenge or two along the way. But I knew all that already, and I wanted you to tell me what I wasn't aware of.

Look at it this way - you're up against Benwah. The Bay poster of the year, won more than half the individual challenges, and made more moves in the game than Garry Kasparov.

He revealed some pretty game changing secret moves, including that he was responsible for voting out the first three members of our alliance that proceeded to carry him to the final two. The only thing you could offer in counter to that was the final 2 alliance you made with Benwah, when he was the one who approached you

But - you stayed true to our alliance. The members of that alliance were so committed to seeing one of us win that we didn't mind who it was that ended up winning. Haduken, K4E & I kept contributing even after we were eliminated. Red Mist eliminated himself once our alliance were the only ones left as the final 3. There's no need for secret deals when that's your aim, and you stayed true to that

Mate, why did you have to go and say that? Morgs will be giving me shit for months now!

My game was all effort. I'm not the most creatively gifted, but aside from the Wiki challenge where I was worried about getting in trouble, I put a lot of time and effort into my entries. I didn't contribute any challenge wins but was a solid foot soldier in the tribal entries and one of the leading strategists in our conversation

That's terrific mate. I enjoyed trying to be creative as well, and show I can be funny when I want to be. You're very talented, make sure everyone at work and elsewhere knows that too, not just us flogs on the Bay

Lol sorry, it's just one tiny thing she got right. Your entries > hers imo ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Off-topic Survivor: Cockburn. Banter and gossip thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back