Swan Offered To GWS By Eddie Last Year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro is a spittle spraying slag of a journo and should be removed from TV once and for all , has absolutely no idea about the game of football yet is on a football talk show and talkback radio.

Used to only watch the show to see Grant Thomas just humiliate her on football matters, hopefully Lloyd and Hutchinson whom I both cant stand either can pick up the slack !!

She even admitted she was being "mischievous":thumbsdown:

Caro is a spittle spraying slag of a journo and should be removed from TV once and for all , has absolutely no idea about the game of football yet is on a football talk show and talkback radio.

Used to only watch the show to see Grant Thomas just humiliate her on football matters, hopefully Lloyd and Hutchinson whom I both cant stand either can pick up the slack !!

She even admitted she was being "mischievous":thumbsdown:

But there is more:
http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/giants-are-trying-to-undermine-me-eddie-20130423-2icer.html#

1: Eddie is NOT the list manager!
2: He asked about the VALUE of PLAYERS, PLURAL!
3: Caro runs it as "Eddie offered Swan for Trade at GWS"!
How the F*&K did she get her statement from what was actually said?
HOW!
Just a mudraker , gutter journalism, FFS she played the sexist card on 3aw tonite! She has become a Joke

and breathe. You ok now? Good

Even Eddie is accusing GWS of telling Caro that Swan was offered. Now that eliminates the source question, and he's had to be very delicate about how he describes the actual nature of conversation.

GWS certainly appear to be claiming he was offered, and Eddie can't actually admit to that can he? He's admitted as much as he can without upsetting swan or having GWS call him a liar

Actually you have no sound reason for saying this appears not to be true.

Caro clearly believes, and has her sources, that eddiewood are not being honest about their handling of swan.

And of course what is denied in public is not the same as what is said in private

Her strike rate's been pretty good of late

There's plenty of sound reason why it wouldn't be true. If she's going to write an opinion piece, then write an opinion piece. If she's going to report on something, find out the facts. Reporting rumours in the way she's tended to do it lately is simply lazy journalism. Not sure what you're on about with her strike rate either, there's been plenty of cases where she's been proven to be wrong. That should never happen, not sure how she's got away with it to be honest. And her reporting on North Melbourne is embarrassing, she was made to look pretty stupid with that one last night too.

Its just as immature & naive to believe journalists need to make things up

If it was true, it would be front page news that Caro could use to boost the sales of her primary place of employment, The Age. Not as some throwaway line because her team was getting pumped on Footy Classified.

Eddie spent the better part of the year publicly proclaiming that he "declare war" if GWS took any Collingwood players. I'm gathering that you don't think much of Eddie but he isn't stupid, he wouldn't risk the embarrassment of a situation Caro is describing.

I called you naive for comparing Caro's story on Swan last year and this one. In hindsight, I should have called you simple. They are nothing alike.

I always figure every player is up for sale for the right price..

Eddie may have gone to GWS and tested the waters saying something unrealistic like "For your first 3 picks, we'll give you Swan", and they (rightly) didn't accept the offer.

In that *entirely hypothetical* scenario, then yes, an offer was made, but that's a lot different to anyone taking it seriously.

I always figure every player is up for sale for the right price..

Eddie may have gone to GWS and tested the waters saying something unrealistic like "For your first 3 picks, we'll give you Swan", and they (rightly) didn't accept the offer.

In that *entirely hypothetical* scenario, then yes, an offer was made, but that's a lot different to anyone taking it seriously.
Eddie: "We'll give you Swan for Ward, Patton and Cameron"
Headline: "Swan offered to GWS"

I wouldn't be surprised at anything that Boofhead Eddie does or says and when it comes to GWS and his close relationship with Gubby Allan I reckon that Wilson could well be on to something.

Ed loves Swan too much. How does she still have a job. I only tune in each week to see what unsubstantiated claims she'll make next

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Swan Offered To GWS By Eddie Last Year ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back