Autopsy Swans Avada Kedavra the frack outta Richmond 122-78

Remove this Banner Ad

78d5ff1465fed31439c7c8df3a11dadc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Positives
Papley was huge
Lloyd was great but will go unnoticed
Heeney finally found form
Amartey was brilliant as the primary forward - albeit such a shame for him he did a string. He will be back better than ever
The debutants can hold their head high. Warner was hard at it and iced a goal. Gould went hard in a few contests and one in particular spoilt a contest for a certain goal. He also cleaned up a few blokes very cleanly. I love that shit.

Negatives
McLean is the softest big man I’ve seen for a while. How does he not keep his feet
Amartey injury
Ladhams makes dumb decisions. Cox would be having multiple aneurysms each game

Shout out to Gould. Came in and did a solid job at the back. Would be pleased to see him start on the field next week :thumbsu:

Papley excellent in the 2nd half.

Parker had an unusual stinker.

Blakey had a blinder.

McLean sadly I think I've finally given up on him. Gave it his all tonight, but just doesn't have it in him. The planking tackle was hilarious.

Roberts looks like he could be a keeper in a similar way to Stephens.

Looked like a few of our fellas played themselves into form over the match. Heeney, Hayward and Papley were all important. A really challenging set of smalls for any team to defend.

Thought Logan had a good game. Only the one goal but his was the last kick before a few of them.

Stephens was disappointing but he was burned. But when free in 50. Let us down with poor skills a couple of times and lost some one on ones but things go a bit different and he has another 5 touches and another goal or two. If his form doesn't turn around you'd think Campbell might get his spot. It's great seeing Campbell really nail down a spot in the team. He's put on a lot of size and is looking comfortable defending. Nice to score such a great goal. Felt like a real turning of the corner for him tonight.

A few other good or poor performances that I'm sure others will point out.

Felt like as a group we didn't run hard enough in defence. We're far too liable to lose our opponents or not run hard enough to keep with them.

**** I love beating Richmond. Cotchin remains a dog and they have plenty of other miserable bastards out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is parker carrying an injury
There was a marking contest in the last which he would normally attack chest on, but turned his body to protect himself and didn't take the mark.
Very unlike Luke.

Papley terrific, Blakey & Chad critical and I liked Ladhams game, not quite there yet, but I have hope that he can be our #1 ruck going forward. Lloyd good and Roberts looks a keeper.

And I know it's been said a bit, but Logan is a terrific field kick.
He's not a stay at home pack mark, so we need to get him up the ground, taking marks, turning and delivering and moving into the 50.
Sound familiar? Logan is the guy to do it now.

Thought we were pretty ordinary for 3 quarters but loved the way we finally clicked into gear in the last. Hopefully that’s played us into some form.

My heart breaks for Amartey. That really sucked seeing him so emotional on the bench. Impossible not to feel for him.

And I know it's been said a bit, but Logan is a terrific field kick.
He's not a stay at home pack mark, so we need to get him up the ground, taking marks, turning and delivering and moving into the 50.
Sound familiar? Logan is the guy to do it now.

I will die on this hill: Play him like Nick Riewoldt up and back KPF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans Avada Kedavra the frack outta Richmond 122-78

Remove this Banner Ad

Back