Swans, Crows not top two: Malthouse

Remove this Banner Ad

Necromancer Beth

Turn On The Bright Lights
Mar 17, 2012
NYC
AFL Club
Hawthorn
TRIPLE premiership coach Mick Malthouse has declared Sydney and Adelaide do not deserve to occupy the top two places on the ladder.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/swans-crows-not-top-two-malthouse-20120812-242s8.html#ixzz23NsFtXJA

Malthouse said he considered Hawthorn to be ''a far better side'' than Sydney, despite the Swans having convincingly beaten the Hawks in Launceston in round five. He also said Adelaide, drawn to play Gold Coast and GWS twice as well as local rival Port Adelaide, was benefiting significantly from having finished fourth from bottom last season.
''I'm not saying they're a dreadful side, but … I don't think they're the best side, and they can finish on top of the ladder,'' he said.
Former Richmond spearhead Matthew Richardson backed Malthouse's view, declaring the fixture had ''helped one team more than any other, and that's Adelaide''.

Let's be honest here, nearly everyone bar Sydney & Adelaide people would agree. The AFL have turned this into a theatre rigging the draw to hell and back. No longer a sport. I know the draw can never be even, but the AFL have went out of their way to make it as uneven as possible. Would be a farce if Sydney or Adelaide won the flag this year.​

I think I discolated my eye sockets from rolling my eyes too hard at that line.

Mate, the whole footy world knows that Sydney and Adelaide aren't top 4 calibre, let alone top 2. The draw has assured that two "average" sides will have the big advantage of two home finals. Adelaide and Sydney are the worst top 4 sides I have seen for a long, long time.

Mate, the whole footy world knows that Sydney and Adelaide aren't top 4 calibre, let alone top 2. The draw has assured that two "average" sides will have the big advantage of two home finals. Adelaide and Sydney are the worst top 4 sides I have seen for a long, long time.

Swans are.... Their draw hasn't been soft at all.... Adelaide on the other hand....

How much more arrogant do you hawthorn supporters have to be?

Seriously it's getting out of hand. If the hawks don't win the flag this year they will forever claim they were the real deal and it should have been them, just like they stole the 2008 flag from the real champion side geelong.

Scene is set for us. Noone in MElbourne rates us, everyone whinging about our draw. Fact is, IF you win it you have won it and no amount of bitching and moaning will change that. For us to win we will have to beat Hawks or Pies at the G in a grand final. IF we can do that.............

Scene is set for us. Noone in MElbourne rates us, everyone whinging about our draw. Fact is, IF you win it you have won it and no amount of bitching and moaning will change that. For us to win we will have to beat Hawks or Pies at the G in a grand final. IF we can do that.............

But you shouldn't even be near the Grand Final in the first place mate. You aren't a top 4 team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But you shouldn't even be near the Grand Final in the first place mate. You aren't a top 4 team.

You can bitch and moan and create childish debates but as from today the crows are second hawks are third. Thats all that matters, wanna have a massive cry fest and bitch and moan? Send Andy D an email, i am sure he will listen.

surely trolling? i don't think any team will be able to knock off sydney at the scg. as a hawks supporter as well from my viewpoint im not confident in beating adelaide over in adelaide either. finals will be played in those two states so tjerefore they both have as good, if not better chances then everyone else

If Swans and Crows are the "worst top sides you have seen for a long, long time," then Pies or Hawks should win easily, no matter where the game is played.

Just another whinge thread.

Sydney and Adelaide are top 2 for a reason "MICK"

Adelaide will no dout finish top (fairly cruisy run home)

Possibly Hawks to finish 2nd with their big % (winner of Syd v Haw may decide that though)

Either way, Whoever finishes there deserves it - its not about "Oh but a Coll v Haw Grand Final is what people want and would be a great game" doessnt work that way.

I'm not from Sydney or Adelaide and I completely disagree.

A case could be made that Adelaide might not be top two without the draw, but they would still be top four. And Sydney have not had a charmed run at all and thoroughly deserve to be where they are.

The arrogance of some Hawks fans, thinking they should have been awarded every grand final since 2008, is just a joke.

Trade our two games against GWS and GC to Richmond and Essendon and we'd be in the same position as we are now. Adelaide always play Port twice a season. Seriously, Adelaide's draw is being massively overstated. The Swans weren't even able to beat them at home. Get a clue Hawthorn fans, you're secretly worried and it shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans, Crows not top two: Malthouse

Remove this Banner Ad

Back