Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

We were never in the game. Our players lacked the know-how to halt the momentum against them. With Ratugea, Evans, Byrne-Jones, Narkle and Dixon we probably had one average player too many in the forward line. The better team won, we just made it easy for them. Shame.

Agree that JHF, Butters and Rozee being big finals droppers are concerning

Makes it even worse with JHF because it looks like he actually genuinely tries. Butters maybe because of injury and Rozee well, they look horrible and also look like they're just going through the motions.

We were never in the game. Our players lacked the know-how to halt the momentum against them. With Ratugea, Evans, Byrne-Jones, Narkle and Dixon we probably had one average player too many in the forward line. The better team won, we just made it easy for them. Shame.
The Boak turnover under no pressure in the first 5-10 minutes definitely gave Sydney the momentum

I was genuinely more impressed by Hawthorn and Geelong.

Felt like we could have won every midfield possession we wanted but we don't have the structure or gameplan to do anything with it.
Yeah I think whoever wins tomorrow will win the flag.

Sydney were ok, but a good side won't let them move the ball like that. Their midfield was an issue as well. A team that has a more dangerous forward line and/or actually lowers the eyes could have absolutely blown them away.

We though didn't come to play, and we're an absolute mess structurally. Just a disgraceful performance tonight.

Last edited:
Does anyone really care anymore? Drove to the pub as knew I would be leaving by half time ✅. A lot of false hope starts that go nowhere ✅ big players missing ✅ basic skill errors costing goals ✅ let ourselves get sucked in to giving away stupid frees ✅

We’ve all seen it before. Thought Ken sucked since the west coast elim, stopped believing the team could ever achieve anything since the bulldogs prelim. Really only bother to follow to have something to talk to around the water cooler and group chat. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMG

It was killing me.

The position we see ourselves in is just phenomenal.

You can't replace him, you don't know who you get will be better.

Even though he's never won anything.

I guess no coach should ever be sacked then.

A night like tonight is also why Dan Houston being able to pull off those low% high risk kicks is so important for us but of course he's on his way out and we're good with it.

All down to the awful gameplay that stifles scoring and eventually gives the opposition easy shots. Then no ability to change anything at all during the game, while the opposition coach makes successful adjustments.

By the time the game opens up a bit it's already over.

We've seen this time and time again for years. Sicily hitting the post now ruins next year before it's begun.

Side isn't good enough. It's that simple.

Too many average players who have zero impact on the game.

As well as the team it's bleeding obvious that every single time Ken wants to win a game tactically we get smashed. Unless, of course, we are playing bottom 4 sides, then their skill level isn't good enough to beat the master of tactics.

All night (as we did against Geelong) it was zone as soon as they get the ball. Forwards just running back to defense, at times not even watching the ball/play, hurrying to get in to position. Sydney just calmy moved the ball around our zone and went end to end with a minimum of fuss. This is always the way when we play good sides and Ken wants his ego on display.

A team that has talent but it's last 6 players are very poor. A coach that really is a country league guy that is still standing on the back of being nice and paternal to those that matter the most. A chairman that is more interested in his ego than the club and a football committee that is as poor as any. Throw in the worst assistants in the league and yeah, lots to do.

We sit comfortably in the 6-10 range of rankings. Depends on the draw, a little luck, injuries, suspensions etc but we're nowhere near a top 4 side despite what the ladder showed.
I agree that our list is pretty poor, but when your best 5 players don’t give a yelp every single final they play, it’s particularly galling.

Truly hard luck stories seeing Sydney and either of Brisbane or Geelong in the GF

As a neutral that’s an utter snore fest. Who gives a shit
I can't express enough how bored I am with Geelong and Sydney.

And now we have a resurgent Hawthorn to look forward to.

Don't know why I still bother with this league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans end our 2024 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back