Swans fans - tell us about yourselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

so I lived in Parramatta on weekends. That's where I developed a love for the Eels, who would become my league team

lol, i live in parramatta & grew up there with eels supporters everywhere,
although my whole family loves the eels, i've been keeping a pet hate for a long time now
when i tell people i love the knights they just laughh
kind of puts into perspective how richmond feels with a crappy list & all that :p

Roosters: The Melbourne of the NRL. Occasionally successful, usually mediocre, can't quite convert good lists into titles and widely mocked.

:(

yeah, i'd say wbd for roosters, but this year rabbitoh's took that title.
or would it be collingwood for them, as nobody likes them anyway? :p

No, Bulldogs are the West Coast - whenever there's trouble!

Oh YEAH!
I think they sort of mirror them too, good sometimes, shocking others
Rabbitoh's will be more of a Carlton, but i dont see them getting into the 8 for a while yet (unlike the toh's)

Manly=Collingwood
In so many ways its not funny. starting with everyone hates them :D

My poor knights are in TROUBLE! Looking more and more like Richmond, although with the salary cap thing we might be Carlton?

We need Joeeeey back :(

sydney & melb fan bases are quite different, sydney fan base mostly generalised as the chardonnay drinkers (corporate type who make it a social event) and the melb fan base who is more down to earth, know what its about, love the club and cheer anything it does.

Ohh come on. Thats a bit stretch. *Shakes head* Many of us here are definitely not 'chardonnay drinkers'. Maybe you should try and fly to Sydney and witness it first hand. I know for sure I'm down to earth.... :D :thumbsu:

it was my mate's story lol, not j's.... yeah when i lived in parra we had to drive thru canterbury on the way to a swans game cause my dad needed to pick up work stuff and no joke, we had the swans scarf out the window and we had cans thrown at our car.... i never believed the rumours until i saw them in the flesh lol....
Tom Flanagan, you r an absolute spannnnaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nah, i meant the knights are the richmond of nrl :eek:

Yeah unfortunately that is true, could be worse though I'm a sharks fan and we're the Freo of the NRL.

I suppose Melbourne are the West Coast of the league, great list but only 1 premiership out of it.

I believe the Dragons are the Swannies then yeah? Well thats about 1/3 of the reason why i go for the Dragons..lol

No, Bulldogs are the West Coast - whenever there's trouble!

Disagree, The Bulldogs are Collingwood, theres the trouble, supporters are alike...besides the ethinicness of the Bulldogs

Oh YEAH!
I think they sort of mirror them too, good sometimes, shocking others
Rabbitoh's will be more of a Carlton, but i dont see them getting into the 8 for a while yet (unlike the toh's)

Manly=Collingwood
In so many ways its not funny. starting with everyone hates them :D

My poor knights are in TROUBLE! Looking more and more like Richmond, although with the salary cap thing we might be Carlton?

We need Joeeeey back :(

You Knights are gonna gun next year..why?? because you's stole like 5 of our players this year..Naiqama, McDougall, Houston, Wicks and Lulia!!

You Knights are gonna gun next year..why?? because you's stole like 5 of our players this year..Naiqama, McDougall, Houston, Wicks and Lulia!!

:D
I'd still like Joey back, though
He got married today, lol..

I believe the Dragons are the Swannies then yeah? Well thats about 1/3 of the reason why i go for the Dragons..lol
Disagree, The Bulldogs are Collingwood, theres the trouble, supporters are alike...besides the ethinicness of the Bulldogs

Nah, Manly for Collingwood.
They're both boganated (i'm generalising here) & everyone hates them!

Swans are too good to be Dragons..

:D
I'd still like Joey back, though
He got married today, lol..

Nah, Manly for Collingwood.
They're both boganated (i'm generalising here) & everyone hates them!

Swans are too good to be Dragons..

Well, not the Dragons this year, but overall..Both red and white..Both made to finals series last 5 years..Both have Red V's..

And im still sticking with Bulldogs for Collingwood..both dirty

Well, not the Dragons this year, but overall..Both red and white..Both made to finals series last 5 years..Both have Red V's..

And im still sticking with Bulldogs for Collingwood..both dirty

But Dragons won the premiership 11 in a row... :eek: Swans premiership back in 2005 was worth 10 of those IMO, well it felt like it.

And yeah, Johns got married and so did Darren Lockyer!!!

But Dragons won the premiership 11 in a row... :eek: Swans premiership back in 2005 was worth 10 of those IMO, well it felt like it.

And yeah, Johns got married and so did Darren Lockyer!!!

yeah, their glory days :rolleyes:

Our premmie was amaaaazing...
Still smile at the memory of it, awesome day

Darren Lockyers voice is all zzzyxyczxxxx

Ohh come on. Thats a bit stretch. *Shakes head* Many of us here are definitely not 'chardonnay drinkers'. Maybe you should try and fly to Sydney and witness it first hand. I know for sure I'm down to earth.... :D :thumbsu:

The problem is that especially at big 60000+ games the ratio of diehards to casual attendees is probably 1:2. So you get a crowd filled with people chatting next to them when the game gets dull, people who'll often get up & leave if the Swans are losing or the game gets dull. This casual 'supporter base' is the way the club has increased its membership so considerably. Because casual people have been exposed to it & have liked it. Many of these people have never followed sport before (ie the large amount of urban professional white collar women).

The ex-South fans in Melbourne are just traditional Victorian footy fans. I love being around them & indeed learnt so much about footy culture from sitting with them at matches. Had we not had them around, we Sydneysiders would have had to learn about footy culture the hard way.

JF (chant leader Melbourne-based Cheer Squad & when I come back home for a match)

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans fans - tell us about yourselves.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back