Swans' Player Contract Lengths

Remove this Banner Ad

vonn

Bigfooty Legend
10k Posts Pokemon is Life Meet-Up Master Pantskyle Podcaster WCE Wings Guernsey Casey Tutungi Future Fund
Sep 29, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
So I've been meaning to do this for a long time, except I'm heaps lazy so not actually bothered to find the information.
Also with the arrival of GWS it'd be great to have a thread where we can just check out who's in danger etc etc..

So someone who is more tech-smart than me (which is not hard), please make a list and a mod can edit it into this post because their is zero chance I will be able/bothered to find it.

I'll start. Goodes contracted to the end of this year according to this old article.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/goodes-a-swan-for-life/story-e6frf3au-1111113957166

Oohh, how very convenient Goodes, your contract just happens to expire at the end of 2011!? Not ****ing likely, what a dog he is for planning this!

We spend years making him the player he is, this proud club gives him a flag and the ungrateful thug spits in our faces and on the logo before walking out for more cash. Try not to elbow someone in the face on the way out you dirty prick! I know that will be hard for a sniping dog!

He spent his career trying his hardest to sully our reputation so when the inevitable jumping of the ship occured he could claim it was the players around him that caused him to become frustrated instead of his petulant wankish attitude. I hope your mum can accompany you to the GWS headquaters safely, have you let go of her hand since Brownlow night?

I hope we retire the #37, only bringing it out for a player to wear if he was reported during his last match. It'll be the perfect tribute to someone who disgraced this club week after week.

This more recent article says he's out of contract at the end of 2012.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...to-honour-family/story-e6frf9jf-1225945555905

Goodes will be 32 when he comes out of contract in two years, but will celebrate his 33rd birthday in January of 2013 when he hopes to be on a new deal.

"If my body is still feeling good and I maintain a level of performance I like to play to, then I can see myself playing a little bit longer than after my two-year contract expires," he said.

"But I think I'll know when that time comes (to retire)."

Oohh, how very convenient Goodes, your contract just happens to expire at the end of 2011!? Not ****ing likely, what a dog he is for planning this!

We spend years making him the player he is, this proud club gives him a flag and the ungrateful thug spits in our faces and on the logo before walking out for more cash. Try not to elbow someone in the face on the way out you dirty prick! I know that will be hard for a sniping dog!

He spent his career trying his hardest to sully our reputation so when the inevitable jumping of the ship occured he could claim it was the players around him that caused him to become frustrated instead of his petulant wankish attitude. I hope your mum can accompany you to the GWS headquaters safely, have you let go of her hand since Brownlow night?

I hope we retire the #37, only bringing it out for a player to wear if he was reported during his last match. It'll be the perfect tribute to someone who disgraced this club week after week.

What a disrespectful post, especially when Goodes is contracted to the end of 2012. I am appalled at your coments directed at a dual Brownlow medalist, a premiership player, a captain of the club, a hard worker for indiginious people. Sorry mate but very shameful.

Deadly was being sarcastic, I can't tell if you are Chalblito :)

I am not familiar with Deadly's style of writing and did not know he was being sarcastic. For my error of judgement I offer sincere apologies to Deadly and no I am not sarcastic. One on my many weaknesses has been to take people at face value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not familiar with Deadly's style of writing and did not know he was being sarcastic. For my error of judgement I offer sincere apologies to Deadly and no I am not sarcastic. One on my many weaknesses has been to take people at face value.

dont be sorry your reply was he was going for, hook line and sinker... good to see you stick up for Goodes...:thumbsu:

Bolton, Jude 2011 Sydney Swans

Bradshaw, Daniel 2011/2012 Sydney Swans

Currie, Daniel 2011 Sydney Swans

Goodes, Adam 2011 Sydney Swans

Jetta, Lewis 2011 Sydney Swans

Johnston, Lewis 2011 Sydney Swans

Kennelly, Tadgh 2011 Sydney Swans

Meredith, Brett 2011 Sydney Swans

Reid, Sam 2011 Sydney Swans

Smith, Nick 2011 Sydney Swans

Sumner, Byron 2011 Sydney Swans

White, Jesse 2011 Sydney Swans

Looked it up on fan footy. these are the players that run out this year. this info was also from september so some might have extended there contracts

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans' Player Contract Lengths

Remove this Banner Ad

Back