Autopsy Swans lose to Dogs by plenty

Remove this Banner Ad

Word is slowly filtering out that the Swans had prepared for a wet weather game.

Lack of reliable weather predictions really hurt.

Did they prepare for a football game?

Players just guarding space 15m from their opponenets/barely jogging while Dog players were full sprint and run.

Treloar seemingly having nobody near him

But they also showed guys running hard - just not near the spots the other team were at.

Teams are just clogging the corridor

What were they doing in the race for so long before running out ? seemed no enthusiasm at all , we are normally up and about joking smiling etc

Could have been waiting for a message to go, probably something that doesn't get looked at until you lose

It was strange , they were just looking at each other . You must leave the rooms pumped

Maybe, but then if they come out smiling and jumping around and lose the same way we probably look into that as well.

What were they doing in the race for so long before running out ? seemed no enthusiasm at all , we are normally up and about joking smiling etc
They introduced all the AFLW girls one by one before the game on Sunday, can't remember how long that was before the boys ran out. Perhaps the boys had left the rooms and were left waiting in the race until that was all finished.

They introduced all the AFLW girls one by one before the game on Sunday, can't remember how long that was before the boys ran out. Perhaps the boys had left the rooms and were left waiting in the race until that was all finished.
They could have done that earlier in the day or at HT?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were in the race for 4 or 5 mins , ive been around footy for a long time and that just doesn't happen , teams run out pumped up , we were flat as a tack . 3 20 start had plenty of time to introduce the girls

They were in the race for 4 or 5 mins , ive been around footy for a long time and that just doesn't happen , teams run out pumped up , we were flat as a tack . 3 20 start had plenty of time to introduce the girls
It was really odd. Even at the ground it seemed strange when they ran out, looked kind of disorganized. I sit over the other side of the ground but it all looked kind of off.
Did Foxy even lead the team out?

It was really odd. Even at the ground it seemed strange when they ran out, looked kind of disorganized. I sit over the other side of the ground but it all looked kind of off.
Did Foxy even lead the team out?
No Mills was at the front . I was at the pub and both 7 and Fox were on , 7 show more as FF seem to like the round table . Footscray ran out 1st i think and then they just dwelled on us in the race at the bottom of the steps , just never seen it apart from say a GF

You want more bombing? I want significantly less thanks. We were doing well the first 2/3 of the season by short precision kicks and chains of handballs. The last 1/3 has been bombing the living life out of the ball and going back to last year where is was terrible
I'm not silly enough to think bombs are the answer, and long kicks are not necessarily bombs.

There are times when long kicks are absolutely an advantage, and a 70m long kick is a lot better than a 55m, "long" kick.

Blakey has on several occasions this year and last year launched well directed "bombs" down the middle when the opportunity arose. Goals were the result.

Long cross ground kicks can absolutely open up play, sometimes this requires an especially long kick.

But he is not just a long kick and his short game has improved a lot.

Apart from his kicking he also has the size and strength to go with Dixon this weekend. He has excellent closing speed and his spoiling is excellent. I don't think he will necessarily be a raging success but this game is a good opportunity to try him and they have to blood him some time.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I'm not silly enough to think bombs are the answer, and long kicks are not necessarily bombs.

There are times when long kicks are absolutely an advantage, and a 70m long kick is a lot better than a 55m, "long" kick.

Blakey has on several occasions this year and last year launched well directed "bombs" down the middle when the opportunity arose. Goals were the result.

Long cross ground kicks can absolutely open up play, sometimes this requires an especially long kick.

But he is not just a long kick and his short game has improved a lot.

Apart from his kicking he also has the size and strength to go with Dixon this weekend. He has excellent closing speed and his spoiling is excellent. I don't think he will necessarily be a raging success but this game is a good opportunity to try him and they have to blood him some time.

Efficient kicks are better than rubbish long ones. Unless he can find targets it’s a complete waste of time

Surely you don't actually think Blakey has the size and strength to match up on Dixon lol. 3rd man into the contest sure if someone else has him tied up. Hopefully we get a look at Hammling, although he's been playing up forward in the ressies.

Sent from my CET-AL00 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans lose to Dogs by plenty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back