Autopsy Swans lose to Dogs by plenty

Remove this Banner Ad

We’re riding hands and heels and pulling up to save ourself for finals. Why crack the whip when you don’t have to. Yes we’re lazy at the moment. It’s chillax time until finals, jag 1 or 2 more for the second chance then turn it on.

You cant just pick and choose when to win unfortunately

It's frustrating that the Bulldogs have injuries to their midfielders and it leads to them uncovering a gem in Ed Richards, who had been a flanker in his first 100 or so games.

We have injuries to our midfield and we turned to an underdone Mills, a banged-up Heeney, Parker being messy, Adams who is a new face but is more of the same.

Haven't really had much to call Horse out for this year, and it's not like I was thinking this yesterday so not saying I'm any smarter, but geez it might've been nice for us to just think outside the box a little.

Put a Wicks in there just to cause chaos, throw Lloyd in and see if he can be a Daicos type, try Florent again, maybe Roberts he was the only one having a good game, Campbell who has played there in VFL.

Just something different to challenge the Bulldogs and throw something different at them or to inject life into our midfield. Would any of those ideas above have worked? Maybe not. But only way we'll know is by trying!

Instead it feels like we got flogged all the while not really learning or gaining anything new.

It's frustrating that the Bulldogs have injuries to their midfielders and it leads to them uncovering a gem in Ed Richards, who had been a flanker in his first 100 or so games.

We have injuries to our midfield and we turned to an underdone Mills, a banged-up Heeney, Parker being messy, Adams who is a new face but is more of the same.

Haven't really had much to call Horse out for this year, and it's not like I was thinking this yesterday so not saying I'm any smarter, but geez it might've been nice for us to just think outside the box a little.

Put a Wicks in there just to cause chaos, throw Lloyd in and see if he can be a Daicos type, try Florent again, maybe Roberts he was the only one having a good game, Campbell who has played there in VFL.

Just something different to challenge the Bulldogs and throw something different at them or to inject life into our midfield. Would any of those ideas above have worked? Maybe not. But only way we'll know is by trying!

Instead it feels like we got flogged all the while not really learning or gaining anything new.

Chuck blakey in there

I mean Mcdonald only went back because he finally had no choice etc

lose trying something different

Agree, do a squad and position rotation when you’re so far in front.

I ask an honest question but wasn't Braeden drafted as a winger/onballer so if it wasn't really working for him why not give him a few CBAs in a blowout to see if he can discover something?
Yep.

His much-hyped performance in the U18s game on Grand Final day as a bottom-ager, he played as a centre bounce mid, almost a traditional rover.

Most agree that that performance was influential in getting him drafted so highly, and it's the position we've played him in as a VFL when he's been significantly better than at AFL level (if not Tom Mitchell-levels)

Yet we've shown no interest in exploring it at senior level.

Yep.

His much-hyped performance in the U18s game on Grand Final day as a bottom-ager, he played as a centre bounce mid, almost a traditional rover.

Most agree that that performance was influential in getting him drafted so highly, and it's the position we've played him in as a VFL when he's been significantly better than at AFL level (if not Tom Mitchell-levels)

Yet we've shown no interest in exploring it at senior level.
When the game was dead 9-10 goals apart just try something, Both him and Richards have very similar attributes so you just try it much like how we did it with Mcinerney and now we all trust him on ball as well etc

When the game was dead 9-10 goals apart just try something, Both him and Richards have very similar attributes so you just try it much like how we did it with Mcinerney and now we all trust him on ball as well etc
I honestly think Horse just backed his leaders in. Parker, Mills, Adams, Gulden, Warner, Heeney. But all are flawed options at this stage, and weren't getting the job done yesterday.

Felt like a wasted opportunity and a wasted afternoon, because I didn't need to watch three hours of that steaming pile of you-know-what just to find out we're kinda average without Rowbottom. Stevie Wonder could've told me that and I could've gone out for a surf instead.

I honestly think Horse just backed his leaders in. Parker, Mills, Adams, Gulden, Warner, Heeney. But all are flawed options at this stage, and weren't getting the job done yesterday.

Felt like a wasted opportunity and a wasted afternoon, because I didn't need to watch three hours of that steaming pile of you-know-what just to find out we're kinda average without Rowbottom. Stevie Wonder could've told me that and I could've gone out for a surf instead.
I had stuff to do at 5pm so didn't watch much of the third or fourth but felt like the game was never ending with mistake after mistake after mistake. Just needed something different when there was no energy needed a midfield just full of burst rather than slowness

Harvey Norman would have been proud of yesterday’s effort.

Zero Interest.
Nah i think Japan would have been over the moon with negative interest, we are going backwards

Edit: This joke would have worked for the past 8 years up until April when they finally went to a positive IR

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah i think Japan would have been over the moon with negative interest, we are going backwards

Edit: This joke would have worked for the past 8 years up until April when they finally went to a positive IR
You’re getting it confused with deflation. What everyone at the ground felt after the first bounce.

Genuinely think this is what you get from horse. He relies on his team to get it done until they cant. and then we move mccartin to full forward

its a long long time ago but there was something about the 2003 side which roos used to flip around when we were losing to take lrt off and play an extra runner and just go hell for leather. numerous pundits have sad over the years that horse is very inflexible on matchday - you know what the swans are going to give you and you just hve to beat it.

You’re getting it confused with deflation. What everyone at the ground felt after the first bounce.
Good joke again, all through HS and uni we referenced Japan as the outlier with a negative cash rate but that changed in March this year when they finally rose above 0.

We’re riding hands and heels and pulling up to save ourself for finals. Why crack the whip when you don’t have to. Yes we’re lazy at the moment. It’s chillax time until finals, jag 1 or 2 more for the second chance then turn it on.
So losing 4 out of the last 5 is the plan?

The bloke can't hit a barn door at the moment however, nor mark it. We need more than 2 marks and a behind out of him, no matter how desperate he is, or how much pressure he in theory applies (I thought there were more than enough lacking in effort moments to balance off any good pressure).

Dare I say it - are we any worse off if we put Ladhams in as a second ruck and play Mclean as a Full time forward, or alternatively give Hamling a go (least he might kick a few). His form since that wonderful night in Adelaide is Ben Ronke like in its decline.

He had 6 tackles, for a team lacking pressure & defensive intent he was excellent in that area. This is exactly what we need from others too. McDonald was worse than him.

Imo we were cooked from last week v Lions. Our energy was waaay down this game & I think it was the loss we needed.

At least it's obvious to the players, coaches & fans going at 75% intensity will result in beltings against a good team like the dogs. Time to reset & push for finals.

Lets not over react. We're getting injuries, players are out of form & we've played teams with good match ups who are way more desperate to win than us atm. Bulldogs played that game like it was a final. Why wouldn't Horse back in the players who have done a job the entire season? No need to make drastic changes now, that would just be silly.

Lets not over react. We're getting injuries, players are out of form & we've played teams with good match ups who are way more desperate to win than us atm. Bulldogs played that game like it was a final. Why wouldn't Horse back in the players who have done a job the entire season? No need to make drastic changes now, that would just be silly.

Its all we can do honestly just back the team in no obvious changes are gonna revert yesterday performance.

With all the injuries we have, I don't think we can afford to drop players. We don't have a massive injury list, it's just a shame they are all gun players. They need to pull their head in and make an effort because right now, no body is seeing that. A couple of our "Hollywood" boys need a good, hard look at themselves.

It's clear from watching us play this year that our game plan is centred around getting the ball out in the open where we have players who can really hurt the opposition. Really this has been the case ever since Gulden first came into the side. However it's becoming increasingly apparent that we still aren't strong enough in the contest to match it with decent midfields like the Bulldogs have. The unfortunate thing for us is that this is where finals are often won as we all know. Mills and Parker could still make a difference here but we seem to be suffering injuries at the wrong time of the year with some tricky games against Port, Collingwood, Essendon and Adelaide still to come which could see us lose top spot and possibly drop out of the top 4 (though I don't think the latter will happen, thanks to our incredible start to the year). Unless we can figure out what went wrong against the Bulldogs and come up with a plan for addressing it, we are at real risk of an early finals exit...

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans lose to Dogs by plenty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back