Autopsy Swans lose to Dogs by plenty

Remove this Banner Ad

There was no uce applied so it shouldn't be that bad. Possibly a tight or strained hamstring

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app
There was a clip of Melican on the bench and Parker went up to him and Melican kind of shook his head but gestured towards the doctor (or someone in the bench area).

I read his body language to be that he was okay but the doctor/coaches were discussing subbing him off.

There was a clip of Melican on the bench and Parker went up to him and Melican kind of shook his head but gestured towards the doctor (or someone in the bench area).

I read his body language to be that he was okay but the doctor/coaches were discussing subbing him off.

Makes sense , we weren't winning

Some of the vision kicking around is pretty damning. Insipid stuff. 80% of the issues are attitude and work rate problems looking at some of it. Not that it hasn't been obvious watching us play first qtrs, but yesterday was the first time we didn't have the response to mask over it.
Going to piss a great opportunity away if this is their attitude. I hope the players seeing the vision going around and are flat out embarrassed by it (assume Horse will be showing it to them behind closed doors). How we play against Port is going to be so revealing as to where this group is really at.

Lets not over react. We're getting injuries, players are out of form & we've played teams with good match ups who are way more desperate to win than us atm. Bulldogs played that game like it was a final. Why wouldn't Horse back in the players who have done a job the entire season? No need to make drastic changes now, that would just be silly.

He can back the players agree, but they can't just roll out and dish up the same shit and expect a different result

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder
Unfortunately, our disposals, marks and efficiency looked better because there was a lot of nothing chips across the backline, we had more tackles inside 50 because they were inside our 50 so often. There’s no sugar coating this. We were an embarrassment to bloods culture, to one another and to our fans.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
100%, my point is that stat's are misleading. If your winning the stat's but losing the game the stat's mean nothing.

Just wanted to say, watching the game again, it feels like all out players get out the front too quickly, like we're moving the ball as well as we did in the first part of the season.

This means we end up with this gulf between the kicker and the marker with about 20 opposition players there.

Our biggest strength imo was our use of the corridor, and I think we need to figure out to keep it a option even when we're held up, maybe by even running a little slower a staying closer to the ball carrier?

I wonder

100%, my point is that stat's are misleading. If your winning the stat's but losing the game the stat's mean nothing.

No they don't, the stats mean that the performance is good but the result is an abnormality. For example if you miss a bunch of easy shots and lose the game it's very different to a side that just gets outplayed but may lose by the same margin.

Stats provide context for a performance and certainly don't mean nothing.

Watched some on the couch. Players actually working harder than I thought, they are just stuck in wrong spots a lot, maybe Longmires plan is the problem

Or other teams are just working us out. Might mean we need to tweak the plan but don't think the underlying plan is the problem. Certain players out of form, a chunk of our Best 22 out injured certainly don't help.

I haven't read the last 290 pages.
I'm not that much of a masochist.

I'll say thats the first swans game i've failed to finish watching since the 2022 GF.
I missed the last 10 mins or so.

However I don't get some of the hyperbole thats been spewed forth on various social media pages etc.

It felt , at times, like the side had a massive hangover from the Lions game. That Lions game was finals intensity. Which, with a bounce of the ball. May have gone our way.

Vs the dogs. Man. The whole side was collectively just down. Flat.
It was almost as though each was looking at their team mate to inspire something.

That flatness just spread like a malaise through the group.

Dogs were hungrier. They took their chances in that first 1/4 and effectively put the game to bed.

I haven't read the last 290 pages.
I'm not that much of a masochist.

I'll say thats the first swans game i've failed to finish watching since the 2022 GF.
I missed the last 10 mins or so.

However I don't get some of the hyperbole thats been spewed forth on various social media pages etc.

It felt , at times, like the side had a massive hangover from the Lions game. That Lions game was finals intensity. Which, with a bounce of the ball. May have gone our way.

Vs the dogs. Man. The whole side was collectively just down. Flat.
It was almost as though each was looking at their team mate to inspire something.

That flatness just spread like a malaise through the group.

Dogs were hungrier. They took their chances in that first 1/4 and effectively put the game to bed.
Word is slowly filtering out that the Swans had prepared for a wet weather game.

Lack of reliable weather predictions really hurt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans lose to Dogs by plenty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back