Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha the forgotten team our best mention will be if we lose to Carlton this week.
Knowing of course that if we do beat Carlton the only thing spoken about by this rabble media will be "how did Carlton lose? No McCartin for the Swans so Harry and Charlie just had an off night. Won't happen again."

lol. It's going to take a 3-peat before some of the media genuinely rate us as a threat and even then all the talk will immediately switch to academies

I like how we don't have enough talent until we do and they whinge about academies

I mean, I'm fine with someone saying there unsure about a certain part of our lineup, but it would be good if they could explain what exactly it is they're worried about.
My concerns would be:
1) if the opposition is able to effectively penetrate our defence, which has held up so far except in three games: Richmond, Essendon and to a lesser extent WCE. Hopefully we have learnt enough to repair those gaps.
2) if the opposition is able to choke our slice and dice attack. So far no-one has but Geelong would be the team to do it if anyone can.
That said, we are strong and may yet get stronger.

My concerns would be:
1) if the opposition is able to effectively penetrate our defence, which has held up so far except in three games: Richmond, Essendon and to a lesser extent WCE. Hopefully we have learnt enough to repair those gaps.
2) if the opposition is able to choke our slice and dice attack. So far no-one has but Geelong would be the team to do it if anyone can.
That said, we are strong and may yet get stronger.
I feel like that's an issue for most teams. I dunno, it's kind of like people saying "If the opposition applies elite pressure and cuts off our preferred method of ball movement, they've got us." It's certainly true, but it's true for every team.

I feel like that's an issue for most teams. I dunno, it's kind of like people saying "If the opposition applies elite pressure and cuts off our preferred method of ball movement, they've got us." It's certainly true, but it's true for every team.
Just responding to your post with my specific concerns. There are others, but those are the biggies for now that I believe oppo coaches will be working on. I doubt that even the best journos/analysts will be able to get any deeper than that. Clubs of course must.

Last edited:

Ok, fess up. Which of you lot are they referring to??
I like how after sympathizing they then go on to dismiss us in the same way as everyone else...

"there may not be an elite team right now but they’re the closest thing to it"

So sitting a game clear with massive percentage, having dealt with every other finals side we've played without breaking a sweat doesn't make us elite? I'd love to know what does, and which teams have previously met this elite criteria.at round 9.

I don't particularly care for the media's recognition. It's nice to hear our game style and players discussed but I don't pine for their approval, I just find it strange how they seem to treat our performance so far as some weird anomaly. "Yeah look, the swans have been great but we know they don't really belong up there"

It's like they have a few sides they really want to talk up as the form team and we're ruining it for them by inconveniently sitting on top of the ladder.

This article was a nice little.pump up and had a lot going for it until this

"Don’t let any Sydney fan bemoan the loss of COLA to you again while enjoying the benefits of those players running riot."

They still don't get it. Academies are required purely to offset the loss off COLA. Without it we'd be losing players left right and centre and we'd just be feeding all the traditional states.

Should have left that back handed compliment out as it ruined a decent piece.

15May24: Swans Daily Media New
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back