Autopsy Swans vs Hawks - take it apart here!

Remove this Banner Ad

My guess:

Clarko
5 Burger
4 Guerra
3 Kennedy
2 O'Keefe
1 Hale/Bud

Horse
5 Kennedy
4 Burger
3 Lewis
2 O'Keefe
1 Hale/Bud

Agree with you MB - reckon thats the way it panned out.

Interesting who voted for Hale and who for Bud

Agree with you MB - reckon thats the way it panned out.

Interesting who voted for Hale and who for Bud

I reckon Clarko voted for Hale for nullifying Mummy after quarter time, and Roos, um, Longmire, voted for Franklin for kicking four goals on Teddy.

shoe had a ripper of a game Burgers was AWESOME AS Sewell was great stuff Buddy was fantastic Loved the coaches Celebration after Sewells goal [ saw a video of it somewhere today] great win shame the Umps tried to ruin it

Not only that, they think they had a raw deal from the umpires, what a joke
you kidding right , have not had a chance to get in and read stuff took me till monday before i could as i was in sydney the umps were shocking the highs we copped no free's the in correct disposals no free's yet they would get them let alone the shove outs we got done to us no free etc etc i think those supporters are as blind as those umps

Just heard gieschen on its your call. He basically implied umpires should not exercise common sense. When asked about the Burgoyne missed 50 he said burger CLEARLY ignored the umpire and kicked the ball. When asked what the umpires explanation was, he said the ump thought Burgoyne couldn't hear because of the noise so he exercised common sense, which apparently they are not coached to do. So basically, he confirmed what we all assumed - umpiring is not about having a feel for the game, but going by the book.

Just watching the replay again now, and there were a number of times throughout the game when Sydney players did similar to puopolo and took the tackler on, failed to dispose of it correctly, and play on was called. So as far as being consistent goes, it was 100% correct to call play on.

Really cannot believe swans are sooking about the umpires.

Of course they have a right to sook about the umpires. After all, they were playing at home and rightfully expect the same treatment that the Eagles enjoy at home. The umpires clearly did not do their part. It is simply not right that the Swans should lose a home game, particularly not this close to the finals.

Of course they have a right to sook about the umpires. After all, they were playing at home and rightfully expect the same treatment that the Eagles enjoy at home. The umpires clearly did not do their part. It is simply not right that the Swans should lose a home game, particularly not this close to the finals.

The umpires did do their part...... 25 frees to 12 is a huge advantage to Sydney. And they are sooking about two of them. So they wanted 27 / 10. They would have got the Puopolo one if they hadnt made a mistake and come in and got him high before the umpire blew his whistle. Its their own clumsy player that gave the free to us.

Just heard gieschen on its your call. He basically implied umpires should not exercise common sense. When asked about the Burgoyne missed 50 he said burger CLEARLY ignored the umpire and kicked the ball. ...
I find that amusing. He's essentially saying Burgoyne heard the whistle multiple times and despite knowing that the game was very much in the balance and that giving away a 50m penalty at that point would've been devastating to his teams chances of winning he decided to kick the ball long down the line anyway in the hopes of... what, exactly? That the umpire would say "oh well! play on!"?

It was always going to result in either the 50 being paid or it being brought back for a Sydney free kick. Sure the long bomb down the line would waste a few seconds (I'm assuming the clock didn't stop at all during all this) but it would never be worth the risk of the 50m penalty that could've resulted from it. And as an experienced, cool-headed player Burgoyne would know that full well.

Haha, it was like Sydney dominated and then suddenly the umpires set the scores to 0.

Even the kudos for Burgoyne came with a disclaimer that he hasn't been good since he joined Hawthorn.

Now back to Freo...

Why do these morons get the opportunity for their opinions to be heard and sway feeble minded people's opinion. Mike Sheahan is a twat who thinks if you get 30 touches it automatically equates to 3 brownlow votes. Players like Burgoyne and Rioli dont need to get leather poisoning to carve a team up, they do it without even bothering the stats man.

Even at Port i saw him in 10 minute bursts tear games apart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers mate! Had a look at the replay this morning. Gutsy stuff.

Apart from the Burger goal at the end and the Sewell sealer I reckon I loved those goals from Suckers the most.

Now I (and all other Hawthorn supporters) await the return of little pitbull Rioli.

Rioli is not a pitbull. He is a Staffy.

Dunstall is on a hiding to nothing commentating our games. Personally I like his glass half empty approach, he doesn't make anything up or exaggerate, and neither does he gloat over us which would make opposition supporters think of him as Roos 2.0

Dunstall is on a hiding to nothing commentating our games. Personally I like his glass half empty approach, he doesn't make anything up or exaggerate, and neither does he gloat over us which would make opposition supporters think of him as Roos 2.0
If only that were the case. The way I see it he talks us down and people think "Well he's a Hawthorn guy so if he says they are weak in this area they must be" and then when he actually praises us people discount it as "That's just his Hawthorn bias coming through!"

But in general I agree with you and I enjoy his commentary. He does seem to over compensate for his "bias" on occasion but you know when he does actually get excited about something and talks us up that it's the real deal and not just him pumping up the tyres of his old club for the sake of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans vs Hawks - take it apart here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back