Autopsy Swans vs Hawks - take it apart here!

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watched it again, and I still get a tingle when I watched that goal from Sewell..What a game it was..
Every one of them contributed..= The last 3mins when a swan player Laid flat out on poppy's back, no frees for us, but then Buddy a sec later,took a swan player down,around the waist on his side.Buddy was penalised..So many frees ignored, terrible umpiring.That goal (should have been) by Whitecross,the umpire said it was touched, sure, AFTER it crossed the line..Dudded again..I replayed it several times on my recorder, it was over THE LINE when I re-watched it..Maybe my eye sight is gone..:rolleyes:

BTW I read it in the paper that they watered the ground 3 hours before they played..Must have been a drought there!!:)

The commentating was $hithouse... Roos was absolutely loving the 1st qtr, Dwayne Russell was no different and then there is Mr. Impartial Dunstall who tries so hard to be impartial that he criticizes everything..

Absolutely loved it when we kicked those last couple of goals :thumbsu: Did Roos even speak after that?

But yes, I definetely expect Roos to highlight the free kicks tonight...I guarantee that he will :rolleyes:
I actually thought the commentating was good. Dunstall is realistic with his commentating, he also gives a good insight into what our club thinks when he criticizes certain things our players do. As for Roos, i have never had a real problem with his comments about us or his commentating, especially in the last quarter when he said it was the right decision to not pay 50m against Burgoyne.

Dwayne Russel is terrible though and every time he says Brust makes me want to punch him in the face

The first game this year I have missed due to stupid damn previously arranged commitments. All I saw was the last five minutes which I must say was AWESOME! Tense, but awesome. It made for a great weekend! Now, to try and track down a replay somewhere online.

*** Thanks to my dad for updating me score by score in the final quarter because I have an ancient phone that won't let me access anything like that. It is the first time I have considered updating my phone solely for this reason.

WOO-HOO.
haha i was at work (in a pub) and i was getting one of the customers to keep updating the scores and yell them out to me. Top bloke he is, even if he is a pies supporter

The first game this year I have missed due to stupid damn previously arranged commitments. All I saw was the last five minutes which I must say was AWESOME! Tense, but awesome. It made for a great weekend! Now, to try and track down a replay somewhere online.

*** Thanks to my dad for updating me score by score in the final quarter because I have an ancient phone that won't let me access anything like that. It is the first time I have considered updating my phone solely for this reason.

WOO-HOO.

It is on Foxtel again tomorrow morning, at 9.30 am, and I am going to watch it again...:D

(may have been mentioned earlier in thread)

I noticed a few of the boys (Smith? Puopolo?) seemed to be wearing guernseys that were really creased, like they'd been left in the gym bag all week and hadn't been ironed.

No criticism, just weird. Why would this be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(may have been mentioned earlier in thread)

I noticed a few of the boys (Smith? Puopolo?) seemed to be wearing guernseys that were really creased, like they'd been left in the gym bag all week and hadn't been ironed.

No criticism, just weird. Why would this be?

You don't expect boys to do their own ironing, do you??:D

Interesting observation. There was obvious water coming off the ground too.

I'd been in Sydney all week and the weather had been beautiful.... mmm food for thought there.

I went on the ground and it was very slippery, but it absolutely bucketed here on thursday night - although you'd expect it to be dryer than it was

Also it was Guerra on Jetta fair bit of the time, but i noticed at the first bounce Lewis went and stood next to him and gave him a gentle nudge or two, and it appeared we were putting bodywork on him around the ball. A very astute swans supporter and regular attendee at the SCG who I was at the footy with said that he has faded of late, but that also teams have figured out he can't win a contested ball and doesn't like the heat on. He commented early on that we were playing him very well.

I went on the ground and it was very slippery, but it absolutely bucketed here on thursday night - although you'd expect it to be dryer than it was

Also it was Guerra on Jetta fair bit of the time, but i noticed at the first bounce Lewis went and stood next to him and gave him a gentle nudge or two, and it appeared we were putting bodywork on him around the ball. A very astute swans supporter and regular attendee at the SCG who I was at the footy with said that he has faded of late, but that also teams have figured out he can't win a contested ball and doesn't like the heat on. He commented early on that we were playing him very well.

Very dry in the week leading up though. Was a bit odd.

I was on the field after the game and felt the grass. It didn't feel that wet to be honest.

I didn't go on the ground but you could see it early in the game.

Simply said 'he is soft'

I was on the field after the game and felt the grass. It didn't feel that wet to be honest.

I was on the ground after the game as well, spilled one beer, took four hangers and layed six tackles. Easily my best after the game game this season, though the spilled beer wasnt my best moment. Ground didnt feel wet to me at all.

My second trip to the SCG, great stadium, atmosphere was brilliant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Swans vs Hawks - take it apart here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back